“Accidents Will Happen (1)”
Season 3, Episode 14
January 26, 2004
August 26, 2006
Manny's starting to notice things. She's pale, nauseated, no period. All the signs are coming together, and she's scared. Could she be 14, and pregnant? Meanwhile, Toby wants to be Jimmy's friend again. And if making that happen means hacking into the school computers? Even better.
Manny worries that she could be pregnant with Craig's child after missing her period and having morning sickness after what happened on the night of Paige's surprise party. She asks Spike for help, and finds support from her, Emma, and even Craig, who seems oddly pleased about possibly having a child of his own.
Meanwhile, Toby is trying to join J.T. in the "in crowd" by promising Jimmy that he can hack into the school's database and change his low math grade.
- The title of this episode is named after the song "Accidents Will Happen" by Elvis Costello.
- Due to the content discussed in this episode, it was not aired in the United States until a later date. It was aired in the US for the first time after, the television station, The N, decided to air it during, what was called, "Cast Picks." Cassie Steele chose this as her "pick." It was not shown again until a later date, when The N decided to air an "every episode ever" marathon, before the premiere of the 6th season.
- It is shown that Manny is particularly gifted at gymnastics.
- This episode marks the beginning of Craig and Manny's second relationship.
- Manny is still upset with Craig after their break up in Holiday (2), where she was left heartbroken after finding out Craig hadn't broken up with Ashley.
- The whole school is still gossiping over Manny and Craig's affair after Craig was publicly dumped by both of his girlfriends in Holiday (2).
- Toby finds out that his friendship with Jimmy had deteriorated because his step-sister, Ashley, dumped Jimmy.
- Emma reveals that Snake is in the hospital for more intense chemotherapy for his cancer.
- Manny discovers that she is pregnant with Craig's baby from the time they had unprotected sex in
Should I Stay or Should I Go?.
- In the bathroom, when Paige tells Manny to "Next time, ask questions first, get naked later.", she is referencing an earlier sex-ed lecture that Dr. Sally gave to her class.
Regular Cast (Ordered Alphabetically)
- Lauren Collins as Paige Michalchuk
- Ryan Cooley as J.T. Yorke
- Jake Epstein as Craig Manning
- Stacey Farber as Ellie Nash
- Jake Goldsbie as Toby Isaacs
- Aubrey Graham as Jimmy Brooks
- Shane Kippel as Spinner Mason
- Andrea Lewis as Hazel Aden
- Miriam McDonald as Emma Nelson
- Melissa McIntyre as Ashley Kerwin
- Cassie Steele as Manny Santos
- Amanda Stepto as Christine Nelson
- Dan Woods as Daniel Raditch
- Marie V. Cruz as Julietta Santos
- Melissa DiMarco as Daphne Hatzilakos
- Michael Kinney as Darryl Armstrong
- Katie Lai as Kendra Mason
- Linlyn Lue as Laura Kwan
Father Figure (1) • Father Figure (2) • U Got The Look • Pride (1) • Pride (2) • Gangsta, Gangsta • Should I Stay or Should I Go? • Whisper to a Scream • Against All Odds • Never Gonna Give You Up • Holiday (1) • Holiday (2) • This Charming Man • Accidents Will Happen (1) • Accidents Will Happen (2) • Take On Me • Don't Dream It's Over • Rock and Roll High School • It's Raining Men • I Want Candy • Our House • The Power of Love •