|Birth Name||Adamo Angelo Ruggiero|
|Date of Birth||June 9, 1986|
|Place of Birth||Mississauga, Ontario, Canada|
Ruggiero has been acting since the age of seven or eight. He has starred in many plays including Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer and Bye Bye Birdie. After initially auditioning for the role of Craig Manning (played by Jake Epstein), he joined the Degrassi cast in 2002 in the role of Marco Del Rossi, a gay teenager who struggles with coming to terms with his sexuality. Adamo is currently the host of The Next Star.
Ruggiero's father, Tony, was born in Coreno Ausonio (Frosinone, Lazio). Ruggiero's mother's name is Amalia. He has an older brother named Adriano. Adamo attended St. Dunstan Elementary School and graduated from Cawthra Park Secondary School, both in Mississauga, Ontario.
Ruggiero came out in January 2008, saying "I come from a traditional Italian family but they aren't so traditional that me being gay was a deal breaker." He also landed the cover of the January 23-February 5, 2008 issue of fab magazine.
- Adamo is, so far, the only openly gay actor on Degrassi.
- The famous jean jacket he used to wear on DTNG, was his brother's ex or current (unknown if they're still together) girlfrend's jacket.
- He had his nose and cartilage pierced.
- He is from an Italian Catholic family.
- Ruggiero went to high school with Deanna Casaluce. Amanda Stepto also went to the same school.