After an embarrassing incident in lifeguard class, Riley is determined to prove to the world—and himself—that he's straight. Meanwhile, why would Anya lie to Sav about taking self-defense classes after school?
Riley has a crush on the hot lifeguard named Sam, but after getting an erection while watching him give a dummy mouth-to-mouth resuscitation in lifeguard class, Riley is determined to prove to everyone, and himself, that he is straight by trying to sleep with Fiona. After getting rejected by her because she suspects he is gay, he tries to get a new girl at the carnival, but that doesn't go too well. He also begins to show his anger by getting into fights with his lifeguard instructor, Sam, who is also gay.
Meanwhile, Anya lies to Sav about taking self-defense classes after school when she is really doing roleplay in the woods (LARPing), an activity she fears Sav will mock her about it. They get into a fight because he wants to know where she is and she refuses to tell.
At the same time Dave is trying to ask Jenna out, after making the winning shot at the basketball game, he gets confident and asks her out and when they go out he assumes that Jenna is his girlfriend.
- This two part episode is named after the song "Beat it" by Michael Jackson.
- Sam makes his first and last appearance in this two-part episode. He is not seen or mentioned afterwards.
- This is the last episode in which Blue has a speaking role.
- This is the first episode to feature Blue Chessex that doesn't also feature Holly J. Sinclair.
Regular Cast (Ordered alphabetically)
- Raymond Ablack as Sav Bhandari
- Annie Clark as Fiona Coyne
- Sam Earle as K.C. Guthrie
- Jahmil French as Dave Turner
- Jordan Hudyma as Blue Chessex
- Judy Jiao as Leia Chang
- Jamie Johnston as Peter Stone
- Argiris Karras as Riley Stavros
- Jajube Mandiela as Chantay Black
- Samantha Munro as Anya MacPherson
- Aislinn Paul as Clare Edwards
- AJ Saudin as Connor Delaurier
- Jessica Tyler as Jenna Middleton
- Paula Boudreau as Ms. Dawes
- James Edward Campbell as Mark Fitzgerald
- Michael Kinney as Darryl Armstrong
- Wesley Morgan as Sam
- Damon Runyan as Coach Carson
- Jonathan Seinen as LARPing boy
- A.K. Shand as Katie
- Rebecca Williams as Larissa
- Dalmar Abuzeid as Danny Van Zandt
- Charlotte Arnold as Holly J. Sinclair
- Paula Brancati as Jane Vaughn
- Stefan Brogren as Archie Simpson
- Shane Kippel as Spinner Mason
- Landon Liboiron as Declan Coyne
- Miriam McDonald as Emma Nelson
- Scott Paterson as Johnny DiMarco
- Melinda Shankar as Alli Bhandari
- Cassie Steele as Manny Santos
- Natty Zavitz as Bruce
- "Welcome Home" by Brighter Brightest
- "Hold U So Close" by Gulf Coast Bala - Heard when Riley and Fiona make out.
- Watch Beat It (1) on GorillaVid (International)