This class is unique because they should have graduated in 2009, but due to the season 9-10 retcon, their graduation date took place two years later, causing all following class graduations to be pushed forward two years.
The Degrassi class of 2009 (2011 in the Degrassi Timeline) consisted of Sav Bhandari, Holly J. Sinclair, Riley Stavros, Zane Park, Chantay Black, and Anya MacPherson. Characters who were supposed to be in this class, but presumably graduated offscreen or didn't graduate in 2009 (2011 in the Degrassi Timeline) are Fiona Coyne, Declan Coyne, Leia Chang, Mia Jones, and Blue Chessex.
- Sav Bhandari
- Chantay Black
- Fiona Coyne (held back)
- Anya MacPherson
- Zane Park
- Holly J. Sinclair (valedictorian)
- Riley Stavros
Former Main Characters
- Blue Chessex (not seen graduating)
- Declan Coyne (left before graduation)
- Leia Chang (not seen graduating)
- Mia Jones (left before graduation)
The following couples were in a relationship at some point during their time at Degrassi:
- Sav-Anya Relationship
- Declan-Holly J. Relationship
- Riley-Zane Relationship
- Riley-Fiona Relationship
- Sav-Holly J. Relationship
- Blue-Holly J. Relationship
- Fiona-Adam Relationship
- Declan-Trish Relationship
The following characters formed these Friendship at some point during their time at Degrassi:
- Holly J.-Anya Friendship
- Declan-Sav Friendship
- Anya-Chantay Friendship
- Anya-Fiona Friendship
- Holly J.-Chantay Friendship
- Fiona-Holly J. Friendship
- Sav-Chantay Friendship
- Riley-Anya Friendship
- Anya-Mia Friendship
- Chantay-Mia Friendship
- Mia-Sav Friendship
- Anya-Leia Friendship
- Mia-Leia Friendship
- Chantay-Fiona Friendship
- Declan-Fiona (Siblings)
The following characters developed feelings for one or the other at some point during their time at Degrassi:
The following character developed these conflicts at some point during their time at Degrassi:
The following list contains significant events that happened at Degrassi while the class of 2011 was still attending:
- Chantay enrolls at Degrassi as an 8th grader.
- Mia transfers to Degrassi as a 10th grader.
- The Lakehurst vs. Degrassi war begins.
- Lakehurst burns down and all Lakehurst students transfer to Degrassi, including Anya, Holly J., and Sav, who all enroll as 10th graders.
- Sav and Anya start their first relationship.
- Anya and Holly J. end their friendship.
- Anya, Mia, and Chantay form a friendship.
- Holly J. and Mia begin their conflict.
- Leia transfers to Degrassi as an 11th grader.
- Blue and Riley are introduced as 11th graders.
- Blue and Holly J. begin their relationship.
- Sav and Anya break up.
- Ethan bullies Connor a lot.
- Mia becomes a model.
- Declan and Fiona enroll at Degrassi as 11th graders.
- Zane is introduced as an 11th grader.
- Mia leaves for Paris.
- Holly J. and Declan begin their relationship.
- Riley and Fiona begin their relationship, but Fiona ends it after Riley calls her a bitch.
- Riley and Zane begin their relationship.
- Ethan stops bullying Connor and he slowly disappears.
- Fiona kisses her brother, Declan.
- Holly J. and Declan end their relationship, but get back together.
- Sav and Anya end their relationship for the final time.
- Declan and Holly J. end their relationship.
- Sav and Holly J. begin their relationship, and end it in Drop The World (1).
- Riley's mom finds out he's gay and doesn't accept him.
- Fiona falls in love with Holly J.
- Fiona becomes an alcoholic
- Fiona is abused by her boyfriend Bobby
- Holly J.'s kidneys begin to fail
- Anya's mom is diagnosed with cancer
- Fiona has a relationship with Adam
- The Class of 2011 graduates.
- Sav begins a relationship with Winnie Oh, but they break up in Dead and Gone (2).
- Anya joins the Army.
- Owen and Anya date each other.
- Riley and Zane end their relationship.
- Anya develops a problem with cocaine.
- Fiona has a relationship with Charlie.
- Holly J. has a kidney transplant.
- Holly J. discovers she is adopted.
- Fiona is held back.
- Fiona graduates.
- The first person was introduced in this class was Chantay Black in season four.
- The last person in this class introduced was Zane Park in Season 9. Fiona and Declan were also introduced, but they were introduced in the beginning, while Zane was introduced towards the end of the season.
- The first major character to leave from this class is Mia Jones.
- This is the last class consisting only of characters introduced before Season 10.
- Both Declan and Mia moved out of Canada before their class graduated.
- The first main characters in this class were Mia Jones and Holly J. Sinclair in season 7. Sav and Anya were introduced the same season, but as supporting characters.
- Leia, Blue, Ethan and Trish all disappeared before graduation.
- Heather Poulette was an unseen character.
- Less than half of this class were seen graduating on time at Degrassi.
- They graduated in season 11, with the exception of Fiona.
- They would have been in 7th grade in Season 3, as at the time Degrassi was both a junior high and a high school, but none had debuted yet. Though she did not appear until season 4 it is possible Chantay Black was in Grade 7 at Degrassi in season 3.
- They are the only Degrassi class to attend a Degrassi under all four principals, (Mr. Raditch Season 4, Ms. Hatzilakos Season 4-7 and 9, The Shep Season 8 and 9 and Archie Simpson Season 10-11)
- They were the only class that graduated during the time period when the students had to wear school uniforms.
- They were the first Degrassi class to be retconned.
- They were the last Degrassi class to include students who transferred from Lakehurst Secondary School after it burned down, namely Holly J., Anya and Sav.