“Crazy Little Thing Called Love”
Season 6, Episode 8
December 19, 2006
November 17, 2006
Aaron Martin (story)
He is focused on putting the last few months behind him, getting a great job and being a fantastic boyfriend to Emma. But what will happen when he discovers she's not as perfect as he thought?
Derek and Danny run into problems when their history teacher, Mr. Perino, doesn't appreciate them goofing off. But when things get heated, they have to figure out whether he's just being strict - or is really out of line.
- This is the episode where Sean finds out that Emma and Jay had oral sex.
- This episode is named after the 1980 song "Crazy Little Thing Called Love" by Queen.
- When Mr. Perino mentions nudie pictures, it could be an allusion of J.T. and Toby in Season 1.
- This episode also marks the start of Emma and Sean's third relationship.
- This episode marks the first time Mr. Perino got coffee poured on his shirt. The second time is This Is How We Do It.
- Emma claims that she will be old enough to drink in Quebec in three months. However, Emma was born in June 1989 at the 8th grade graduation dance in the Degrassi Junior High episode Pass Tense, so for her to be 18 in three months this episode would have to take place in March 2007. However, this is impossible since Season 6 portrays the 1st semester of the 2006-2007 school year up until winter break.
- Emma shows Sean the photograph that Spike took of them before their first date in Friday Night.
Regular Cast (Ordered Alphabetically)
- Stefan Brogren as Archie Simpson
- Daniel Clark as Sean Cameron
- Jamie Johnston as Peter Stone
- Shane Kippel as Spinner Mason
- Mike Lobel as Jay Hogart
- Miriam McDonald as Emma Nelson
- Cassie Steele as Manny Santos
- Amanda Stepto as Christine Nelson
- Dalmar Abuzeid as Danny Van Zandt
- Marc Donato as Derek Haig
- Tom Melissis as Dom Perino
- Joe Pingue as Tony
- John Vallis as Leyton
- Emma: Where's my lucky bra, the one that gives me Manny boobs?
- Sean: (to Emma) You're talking to the master of mistakes.
- Sean (to Emma): You let me down, my parents let me down, the school system let me down.
- Sean (to Emma): Nothing you say is stupid, Em. You are the smartest person I know.
- "Back Home To Me" by Sophie Milman