|Full Name||Daniel Raditch|
|Job|| Principal (former)|
English Teacher (former)
|Affiliation(s)||Degrassi Community School|
|First Episode||Kiss Me Steph (DJH) (101)|
|Last Episode||Bark At The Moon (DTNG) (413)|
|Portrayed By||Dan Woods|
Dan Raditch is a former, terrible principal of Degrassi Community School. Having once taught as an Eighth Grade teacher and a Seventh Grade english teacher at Degrassi Junior High he then became vice principal at Degrassi High, He was part of the Degrassi staff for a very long time. He was fired from his principal position due to him not taking correct actions, which led to the "School Shooting" in 2004. He has never returned and it is unclear where he ended up.
Degrassi Junior HighEdit
He first appeared as an English teacher in Kiss Me, Steph, telling everyone that elections are next week and to get involved only to be corrected by Steph with her sarcastic comment "Guys? What about girls?" He had to deal with Claude Tanner's suicide and the fact that Snake Simpson was traumatized from finding Claude's dead body.
Degrassi:The Next GenerationEdit
He became principal and was known as the "Unfair and cruel" type principal. Marco and Alex tried to reason with him so that he would expel Rick for putting Terri in a coma in Don't Dream It's Over. It occurred to J.T. and Liberty that he didn't help the students deal with the school shooting and Rick's death, and that he would not let J.T. and Liberty put on the violent version of Dracula, causing them to write the Radish song in Voices Carry (2). This is also the episode when J.T. and Liberty became a couple so technically since Raditch gave them detention, they wouldn't have gotten together without him. After Rick's death, Raditch got fired from being the principal of Degrassi after proving he can't properly deal with a school shooting.
- Dan appeared in 47 episodes (TNG only; including voice only appearances).
- He was originally a teacher in Degrassi Junior High and a vice principal in Degrassi High.
- He was one of five people that were in Degrassi Junior High and was still on the show after it ended. The other four were Spike, Joey, Snake, and Caitlin.
- He was the first person to start out as a teacher and end up as a principal, the second was Ms. Hatzilakos, the third is Snake.
- While in his position, two people in Degrassi died, Claude Tanner was the first, and Rick Murray was the second, which was the incident that got him transferred.
- He often took off Joey's hat.
- He was the first teacher to "constantly pick on" a student. The second was Mr. Perino.
- J.T. and Liberty wrote a song bashing him in Season 4.