|Birth Name||Deanna Casaluce|
|Date of Birth||February 7, 1986 (age 31)|
|Place of Birth||Mississauga, Ontario, Canada|
|Occupation(s)||Psychologist, Former Actress|
Deanna Klymkiw (née Casaluce) (b. February 7, 1986 in Mississauga, Ontario) is a Canadian actress best known for having portrayed Alex Nuñez on Degrassi: The Next Generation. She originally auditioned for the main parts of Paige Michalchuk and Ashley Kerwin, but did not land either. But the casting director did like her and later asked her to play the part of Alex. Later, she got a role on The Devil's Diary as Georgia along with her Degrassi co-star Miriam McDonald. It has been alleged that Deanna had a romantic relationship with Lauren Collins, who plays her character's lover Paige Michalchuk on Degrassi: The Next Generation. Her most recent appearance was a web show, Hooking Up, where she portrays Emily, one of four characters who go to Bask University. Deanna also does Emily's Vlog, and has also been seen on Life Of A Crime a couple of times. Deanna studied Honours Major Psychology at University of Guelph. Deanna later went on to graduate from York University, where she received her Specialized Honours BA in Psychology. In 2014, she started studying at Ryerson University for her MA/PhD in Clinical Psychology.
- Deanna is an Aquarius.
- She once stated in interviews that, unlike Alex, who would often use violence (until after the school shooting), she prefers to talk things out when it comes to conflicts.
- She enjoys singing, rollerblading, iceskating, yoga, swimming, cycling and kickboxing.
- Her favourite books are 1984, Tuesdays with Morrie and Scribbling the Cat: Travels with an African Soldier.
- She loves Frank Sinatra's music.
- Deanna's favorite movies are Grease, It’s a Wonderful Life, Some Like It Hot, Peter Pan and The Wizard of Oz.
- If Deanna wasn't an actress, she would love to be a psychologist. She later went on to graduate from York University with a degree in Psychology.
- Because Deanna and Lauren Collins were already good friends, they didn't mind too much that they had to kiss each other in Degrassi: The Next Generation.
- According to her, dinner and dancing with her friends is her perfect Saturday night.
- Deanna was to star in the film Psycho with Canadian actor/singer, Richard Hoggard, but the film never moved beyond the first stage of production, and Richard moved on to X-Men 3.
- If Deanna was a superhero, her name would be Super Skrawnks.
- Deanna loves to eat cotton candy, dim sum, and fettuccine alfredo.
- The character Deanna wished she could have played was 'Maria Singer' in Fight Club.
- Deanna's favourite TV shows to watch in her spare time are The Daily Show, King of the Hill, Bewitched, The Simpsons, Seinfeld, and Sex and the City.
- In March 2007, she made a small screen appearance in the Lifetime original movie, They Come Back.
- Casaluce went to high school with Adamo Ruggeiro. Amanda Stepto also went to the same school.
- According to Deanna, she thinks Alex is tough and marches to the beat of her own drum.
- She was an extra in The Zack Files episode "Quiet Please, I'm Reading Your Mind" in 2000. Jake Epstein, Michael Seater and Daniel Clark's brother Robert Clark were the stars of that series.
- She has since gotten married in 2015, and has changed her last name.
- She now studies at Ryerson University.
- "Alex is very aggressive. She's also a strong, independent woman. I think Alex is just trying to find herself. Like Alex, we are both very strong people."