“Death or Glory (2)”
Season 7, Episode 6
February 11, 2008
November 9, 2007
Spinner seems to be doing himself in before his illness has a chance to. Elsewhere, Marco finally accepts that Dylan is gone and starts to socialize.
Spinner finds it difficult to deal with his bad news, especially since his father died of cancer. His behavior becomes increasingly antisocial as he shaves his hair into a Mohawk and begins to pick fights with Johnny DiMarco, Lucas Valieri and Bruce the Moose, though this causes him to become a hero among the Degrassi students for fighting the Lakehurst thugs. Mr. Simpson warns Spinner that the police will get involved if he does not stop fighting, and Spinner realizes that if he does not stop, his recovery over the forthcoming months will be difficult.
- This episode is named after the song "Death or Glory" by The Clash.
- Shane Kippel was nominated for a Gemini award for his performance in this episode.
Regular Cast (Ordered Alphabetically)
- Dalmar Abuzeid as Danny Van Zandt
- Sarah Barrable-Tishauer as Liberty Van Zandt
- Paula Brancati as Jane Vaughn
- Stefan Brogren as Archie Simpson
- Lauren Collins as Paige Michalchuk
- Melissa DiMarco as Daphne Hatzilakos
- Marc Donato as Derek Haig
- Stacey Farber as Ellie Nash
- Aubrey Graham as Jimmy Brooks
- Shane Kippel as Spinner Mason
- Adamo Ruggiero as Marco Del Rossi
- Denis Akiyama as Oncologist
- Steve Belford as Jesse Stefanovic
- Robin Craig as Mrs. Mason
- Marc Minardi as Lucas Valieri
- Scott Paterson as Johnny DiMarco
- Nathaniel Stephenson as Griffin Pierce-Taylor
- Natty Zavitz as Bruce
- Spinner: "You want a show!? You want a show? You've got one. C'mon Johnny, cameras are rolling man!"
- "The Future" by God Made Me Funky (Griffin invites Marco to hang out)
- "To A Friend" by Alexisonfire (Spinner shaves his head)
- "Get Up" by The Nein (Marco interrupts Griffin with his friends)