|Degrassi: The Next Generation||Degrassi||Degrassi: Next Class|
Degrassi: The Next Generation (Season 7)
|# of Episodes||
January 14, 2008 - June 23, 2008 (Can)
May 26, 2009 (Canada)
The seventh season of Degrassi: The Next Generation depicted school during the spring of 2007. The season premiered on January 14, 2008, and ended on June 23, 2008 in Canada, while the US run began on October 5, 2007, and concluded on August 25, 2008. The slogan for this season is, "Look Who Goes There Now."
Season 7 takes place during the second semester of the school year that began in Season 6, and continues to depict the lives of a group of high school and university students. Topics this season deal with some of the challenges and issues young adults face, such as school violence, rape, cancer, drug use, prostitution, sexual misconduct, racism, parenthood, relationships, and HIV.
The following 20 actors received star billing:
Graduates (Class of 2006)
- Lauren Collins as Paige Michalchuk, an intern for a fashion company
- Stacey Farber as Ellie Nash, a journalist at The Core
- Adamo Ruggiero as Marco Del Rossi, a lonely gay college student and Ellie's best friend
Seniors (Class of 2007)
- Sarah Barrable-Tishauer as Liberty Van Zandt, an overachiever whose boyfriend died the previous season.
- Mazin Elsadig as Damien Hayes, a young genius and leader.
- Aubrey Graham as Jimmy Brooks, a crippled teen who's a gifted drawer.
- Shane Kippel as Spinner Mason, a troubled teen and underachiever battling testicular cancer.
- Miriam McDonald as Emma Nelson, a previous activist and human rights, who's given it up to be a normal teenager, but still is out-spoken about what she believes in.
- Cassie Steele as Manny Santos, an aspiring actress.
Juniors (Class of 2008)
- Dalmar Abuzeid as Danny Van Zandt, a class clown
- Paula Brancati as Jane Vaughn, a tough tomboy (New)
- Marc Donato as Derek Haig, a class clown
- Shenae Grimes as Darcy Edwards, a religious and unstable rape victim
- Jamie Johnston as Peter Stone, a troublemaker who is becoming a better person
Sophomores (Class of 2011)
- Charlotte Arnold as Holly J. Sinclair, a mean and acid-tongued queen bee (New)
- Nina Dobrev as Mia Jones, a busy teenage mother
- Stefan Brogren as Archie Simpson, a Media Immersions teacher
- Melissa DiMarco as Daphne Hatzilakos, Peter's mom and Degrassi's principal
- Mike Lobel as Jay Hogart, a dropout mechanic
- Amanda Stepto as Christine Nelson, Snake's wife and Emma's mom
- Raymond Ablack as Sav Bhandari, a cheery badminton player and Anya's boyfriend (Grade 10) (New)
- Steve Belford as Jesse Stefanovic, an editor at The Core and Ellie's boyfriend
- Jake Goldsbie as Toby Isaacs, a nerdy outcast (Grade 12)
- Melissa McIntyre as Ashley Kerwin, Jimmy's supportive girlfriend (Grade 12)
- Marc Minardi as Lucas Valieri, a bully and Mia's daughter's father (Grade 12)
- Samantha Munro as Anya MacPherson, Sav's dyslexic girlfriend and Holly J.'s sidekick (Grade 10) (New)
- Dwain Murphy as Eric, a journalist at The Core and Marco's boyfriend
- Scott Paterson as Johnny DiMarco, a bully (Grade 11)
- Nathaniel Stephenson as Griffin Pierce-Taylor, an HIV-diagnosed roommate of Paige, Marco and Ellie (New)
- Terra Vnesa as Trina, Jimmy's physically-disabled girlfriend who is a student at Toronto University (New)
- Larissa Vouloukos as Isabella Jones, Mia's daughter
- Natty Zavitz as Bruce the Moose, Johnny's partner in crime (Grade 11) (New)
- Natasha Bedingfield as Herself -- "We Built This City"
- Deanna Casaluce as Alex Nunez, a lesbian who's out to change her life -- "Standing In The Dark (2)" & "Love Is A Battlefield"
- Daniel Clark as Sean Cameron, a soldier that will be shipped off to Afganistan -- "Everything She Wants"
- Shirley Douglas as Professor Dunwoody - "Bust a Move (2)"
- Jake Epstein as Craig Manning, a former Degrassi student turned famous musician -- "Bust a Move (2)
- Craig Kielburger as Himself -- "Ladies' Night "
- Jajube Mandiela as Chantay Black, a cheerleader -- "Love Is A Battlefield" & "Ladies' Night" (Grade 10)
- Stacie Mistysyn as Caitlin Ryan, a famous reporter and Ellie's mentor -- "Jessie's Girl"
- Aislinn Paul as Clare Edwards, Darcy's little sister - Standing in the Dark (1) and Standing In The Dark (2) (Grade 8)
The opening sequence begins by fading in from white on a birds eye view of the front of the school. A bus is seen toward the bottom driving off screen to the right. This then shrinks and goes off the screen. We then see each character posing for the camera while clips of them from past seasons play behind them with a blue tint in boxes with gold outlines. We first see Emma standing and smiling at the camera. The camera zooms in on her and she looks to her left and then back at the camera. Three clips play behind her including a clip from Mother and Child Reunion, Girls Just Wanna Have Fun, and Tell It To My Heart . The name Miriam McDonald appears glowing on the lower right of the screen in gold letters. Her name wipes off to the right. We then see Manny pop up from below the screen, flipping her hair and smiling. We see three clips of her in the background including clips from Wannabe, White Wedding, and Venus. The name Cassie Steele appears glowing on the lower right of the screen in gold letters. It then wipes off to the right.
Next, Jimmy is seen sitting in his wheelchair looking at the camera. Four clips appear of him from past seasons including from Time Stands Still. The name Aubrey Graham appears glowing on the lower right of the screen in gold letters. It wipes off to the right. Next, Spinner is shown who has his head bowed down. He looks up at the camera, smiles, and waves his left arm before walking off to his right. We see three clips of him from past seasons including clips from Message in a Bottle, Anywhere I Lay My Head, and Time Stands Still . The name Shane Kippel appears glowing gold letters on the lower left of the screen. It wipes off to the right. We then see Ellie who puts both her hands behind her back. She looks at the camera and smiles. We see four clips of her from past seasons including clips from Take My Breath Away and Weddings, Parties, Anything. The name Stacey Farber appears on the lower left of the screen glowing in gold letters. It wipes off to the right. Paige is then seen with her back to the camera. She turns around and looks into the camera and smiles. We see three clips of her from past seasons including clips from Family Politics, Ghost in the Machine, and The Lexicon of Love. The name Lauren Collins appears on the lower right of the screen glowing in gold letters. It then wipes off to the right.
Meanwhile, Holly J and Mia are shown smiling at the camera. Isabella comes running up and grabs Mia's hand and runs off screen with her on the right. Holly J looks at this and looks back at the camera with a disgusted look. We see three clips play behind them, including one of Holly J from Standing in the Dark and one of Holly J and Mia from It's Tricky, and Mia from Can't Hardly Wait. The name Charlotte Arnold appears on the lower left of the screen glowing under Holly J. in gold letters. The name Nina Dobrev appears on the upper right below Mia glowing in gold letters. They both wipe off to the right. Next we see Darcy who walks closer to the camera, smiling. We see three clips of her from past seasons including clips from Anywhere I Lay My Head, Foolin', and Redemption Song. The name Shenae Grimes appears glowing in gold letters on the lower right of the screen. It then wipes off to the right. We then see Jay who's looking at the camera. He then takes his hat off and throws it at the camera. We see three clips of him from past seasons including Redemption Song. The name Mike Lobel appears glowing on the lower right of the screen. It then wipes off to the right.
We then see Damien, who steps to the left of the screen revealing Jane standing behind him. They both smile at the camera. We see three clips of them from past seasons including a clip of Damien from If You Leave and Jane from Death or Glory. The name Mazin Elsadig appears on the upper left of the screen glowing in gold letters below Damien. The name Paula Brancati appears on the lower right of the screen below Jane glowing in gold letters. They both wipe off to the right. Next we see Snake sneak up behind Spike. He grabs her and she laughs as he starts twirling her. We see three clips from past seasons of them. There is one of Snake from Our Lips Are Sealed, one of Spike from Our Lips Are Sealed, and one of them both from White Wedding. The name Stefan Brogren appears on the upper left of the screen below Snake while the name Amanda Stepto appears on the lower right below Spike in gold letters. They both wipe off to the right.
Next, Derek and Danny are seen fighting over the mascot head. They both look up and see the camera and smile. Three clips of them from past seasons are shown including a clip of Derek from Turned Out, a clip of Danny from Mercy Street, and a clip of them both from Crazy Little Thing Called Love. The name Marc Donato appears glowing on the upper left of the screen below Derek in gold letters. The name Dalmar Abuzeid appears below Danny glowing on the lower right of the screen in gold letters. They both wipe off to the right. Next we see Liberty with her back to the camera. She turns around and crosses her arms and smiles. We see three clips of her from past seasons including clips from Basketball Diaries and Together Forever. The name Sarah Barrable-Tishauer appears glowing on the lower right of the screen in gold letters. It then wipes off to the right.
Afterwards, Peter looks at the camera and grins. We see three clips of him including clips from Venus, The Lexicon of Love, and Here Comes Your Man. The name Jamie Johnston appears glowing on the lower right of the screen in gold letters. It then wipes off to the right. Next we see Ms. H who has her arms folded. She unfolds them and smiles. We see three clips of her including a clip from Here Comes Your Man. The name Melissa DiMarco appears glowing on the lower right of the screen in gold letters. It wipes off to the right. Then we see Marco with only a white background. He smiles at the camera and puts the hood from his sweatshirt on his head. The name Adamo Ruggiero appears glowing in gold letters on the right of the screen. It then wipes off to the right. He then turns around and walks away with his back to the camera. The name Degrassi appears in blue letters on the back of his sweatshirt. It pops out and fades into a group picture of the cast. The name The Next Generation fades in below it and glows in blue letters zooming out.
- Main article: Episode Guide#Season 7 .282007-2008.29
|Season #||Series #||Title||Canadian Airdate||U.S. Airdate||Production Code|
|1||120||"Standing In The Dark (1)"||January 14, 2008||October 5, 2007||701|
|2||121||"Standing In The Dark (2)"||January 21, 2008||October 5, 2007||702|
|3||122||"Love is a Battlefield"||May 19, 2008||October 12, 2007||703|
|4||123||"It's Tricky"||January 28, 2008||October 19, 2007||704|
|5||124||"Death Or Glory (1)"||February 4, 2008||November 2, 2007||705|
|6||125||"Death Or Glory (2)"||February 11, 2008||November 9, 2007||706|
|7||126||"We Got The Beat"||February 18, 2008||November 16, 2007||707|
|8||127||"Jessie's Girl"||February 25, 2008||February 8, 2008||708|
|9||128||"Hungry Eyes"||March 3, 2008||February 15, 2008||709|
|10||129||"Pass the Dutchie"||March 10, 2008||February 22, 2008||710|
|11||130||"Owner of a Lonely Heart"||March 17, 2008||February 29, 2008||711|
|12||131||"Live to Tell"||March 24, 2008||March 7, 2008||712|
|13||132||"Bust a Move (1)"|
"Degrassi Spring Break Movie"
|March 31, 2008||April 4, 2008||713|
|14||133||"Bust a Move (2)"|
"Degrassi Spring Break Movie"
|April 7, 2008||April 4, 2008||714|
|15||134||'Got My Mind Set On You"||April 14, 2008||April 11, 2008||715|
|16||135||"Sweet Child O' Mine"||April 21, 2008||April 18, 2008||716|
|17||136||"Talking In Your Sleep"||April 28, 2008||May 9, 2008||717|
|18||137||"Another Brick In The Wall"||May 5, 2008||April 25, 2008||718|
|19||138||"Broken Wings"||May 12, 2008||July 11, 2008||719|
|20||139||"Ladies' Night"||May 26, 2008||July 18, 2008||720|
|21||140||"Everything She Wants"||June 2, 2008||July 11, 2008||721|
|22||141||"Don't Stop Believin'"||June 9, 2008||July 25, 2008||722|
|23||142||"If This Is It"||June 16, 2008||August 8, 2008||723|
|24||143||"We Built This City"||June 23, 2008||August 15, 2008||724|