|Degrassi: The Next Generation||Degrassi|
Degrassi: The Next Generation (Season 8)
|# of Episodes||
October 5, 2008 - August 30, 2009 (CAN)
September 1, 2009
The opening starts on the Degrassi sign that says Go Panthers Football. The camera pans to the right and shows a boy jumping on his skate board over the stairs. It then pans to the right and shows Peter taping the skatboarder with his video camera. Peter looks on in amazement. He then turns around. The scene now takes on the view from Peter's camera. It pans to the right and shows Liberty, Emma, and Manny with their arms around each other. Liberty waves to the camera, Emma smiles with her arms around Liberty and Manny, and Manny blows a kiss to the camera. Liberty and Emma run off camera on the left and Manny runs into the car behind her. Kelly's sitting in the driver's seat when the camera zooms in on him. He looks into the camera and smiles. The camera pans to the right and shows Leia walking through the front door of the school holding a bunch of papers. Derek comes up behind her and throws her papers in the air. Derek looks at the camera laughing, while Leia looks angrily at Derek and punches him. The camera pans to the right and shows the back of Anya and Chantay's heads as they look at the Anti-Grapevine in the MI Lab. The camera pans around to show their faces. They both laugh while looking at the computer. The camera pans to the right and we see Connor, K.C. and Clare in the science room working on a robot. They all look in the camera and smile. The robot starts sparking and they all step back in shock. The camera pans to the left and shows Alli sitting by them watching them work. Alli looks into the camera and flips her hair and smiles. We see Danny and Sav playing their guitars in the music room. They both smile at the camera. The camera pans to the left where Peter points the camera at himself as he makes the rock and roll hand gesture. He then pans to the right and we see Spinner twirl his drum sticks. He then starts playing his drums. We see a bunch of cheerleaders catching Mia after they threw her in the air. They let her down and she s miles at the camera. Holly J. then stands in front of her and smiles at the camera. Mia rolls her eyes. The camera pans to the right where we see Bruce the Moose and Johnny in the hallway giving some boys nuggies. They both look at the camera, laughing. Mr. Simpson comes up behind them and grabs them. He looks at the camera and signals Peter to cut. We see Blue sketching at an outside bench. He smiles at the camera and then turns to the left. We see Riley with a football. He tosses the football off screen and his name fades out. The camera pans to the right and we see Jane in front of the school. She catches the football and looks into the camera and smiles. She turns around and starts walking away with her back to the camera. The Degrassi: The Next Generation logo appears on the back of her shirt. It then pops out onto the screen.
24 characters received star billing, with seven new characters:
- Sarah Barrable-Tishauer as Liberty Van Zandt, an overachiever
- Shane Kippel as Spinner Mason, a cancer survivor. Who works at The Dot.
- Miriam McDonald as Emma Nelson, an environmentalist and human rights activist
- Cassie Steele asManny Santos, an aspiring actress
- Evan Williams as Kelly Ashoona, Emma, Manny and Liberty's room mate (New)
- Dalmar Abuzeid as Danny Van Zandt, a carefree musician, and Liberty Van Zandt's younger brother.
- Paula Brancati as Jane Vaughn, a tough tomboy, and the only girl on the football team.
- Marc Donato as Derek Haig, a sexist football player
- Jamie Johnston as Peter Stone, a fun-loving musician
- Scott Paterson as Johnny DiMarco, a bully
- Natty Zavitz as Bruce the Moose, Johnny's partner in crime
- Raymond Ablack as Sav Bhandari, a musician with strict, religious parents
- Charlotte Arnold as Holly J. Sinclair, a queen bee who is captain of the powersquad, and the sister of infamous queen bee Heather Sinclair.
- Nina Dobrev as Mia Jones, a teen mom with a modelling career ahead
- Jordan Hudyma as Blue Chessex, a mysterious, passionate aritst (New)
- Judy Jiao as Leia Chang, a shy outcast, who transferred from a ballet school. (New)
- Argiris Karras as Riley Stavros, a closeted alpha male jock (New)
- Jajube Mandiela as Chantay Black, a gossipy cheerleader.
- Samantha Munro as Anya MacPherson, Holly J's dyslexic backup girl
- Sam Earle as K.C. Guthrie, a gifted student with a dark past (New)
- Aislinn Paul as Clare Edwards, a Christian gifted student, and sister of Darcy Edwards.
- AJ Saudin as Connor Deslauriers, an Aspergers-diagnosed student, and Archie Simpson's godson. (New)
- Melinda Shankar as Alli Bhandari, a gifted student rebelling against her religion and is Sav's sister (New)
- Matthew Del Bell Belluz as Reese, a clown student and K.C.'s rival
- Kevin Jubinville as The Shep, Degrassi's principal
- Michael Kinney as Darryl Armstrong, a math teacher
- Linlyn Lue as Ms. Kwan, an English teacher
- Tom Melissis as Dom Perino, a history teacher
- Jennifer Podemski as Chantel Sauvé, a guidance counselor
- Mike Lobel as Jay Hogart, a mechanic
- Lauren Collins as Paige Michalchuk, "Degrassi Goes Hollywood"
- Jake Epstein as Craig Manning, "Degrassi Goes Hollywood"
- Stacey Farber as Ellie Nash, "Degrassi Goes Hollywood"
- Michael Seater as Michael Raye, "Degrassi Goes Hollywood"
- Shenae Grimes as Darcy Edwards, "Uptown Girl (1)" "Uptown Girl (2)" "Fight the Power" (Grade 12)
- Jason Mewes as Himself, "Degrassi Goes Hollywood"
- Adamo Ruggiero as Marco Del Rossi, "Degrassi Goes Hollywood"
- Kevin Smith as Himself, "Degrassi Goes Hollywood"
- Jake Goldsbie as Toby Isaacs in "Lost In Love (2)"
- Aubrey Graham as Jimmy Brooks in "Lost In Love"
- Marc Minardi as Lucas Valieri in "Jane Says (1)" & "Jane Says (2)"
- Amanda Stepto as Christine Nelson in "Uptown Girl (1)" & "Man With Two Hearts"
- Terra Vnesa as Trina in "Lost In Love (1)"
- Noah Reid as Chris in "Danger Zone"
- Main article: Episode Guide#Season 8 .282008-2009.29
|Season #||Series #||Title||Canadian Airdate||U.S. Airdate||Production Code|
|1||144||"Uptown Girl (1)"||5 October 2008||10 October 2008||801|
|2||145||"Uptown Girl (2)"||12 October 2008||10 October 2008||802|
|3||146||"Fight The Power"||19 October 2008||17 October 2008||803|
|4||147||"Didn't We Almost Have It All"||2 November 2008||24 October 2008||804|
|5||148||"Man With Two Hearts"||9 November 2008||7 November 2008||805|
|6||149||"With Or Without You"||16 November 2008||14 November 2008||806|
|7||150||"Money For Nothing"||23 November 2008||21 November 2008||807|
|8||151||"Lost In Love (1)"||30 November 2008||13 February 2009||808|
|9||152||"Lost In Love (2)"||18 January 2009||13 February 2009||809|
|10||153||"Bad Medicine"||25 January 2009||20 February 2009||810|
|11||154||"Causing A Commotion"||8 February 2009||27 February 2009||811|
|12||155||"Heat Of The Moment"||15 February 2009||6 March 2009||812|
|13||156||"Jane Says (1)"||1 March 2009||3 July 2009||813|
|14||157||"Jane Says (2)"||8 March 2009||3 July 2009||814|
|15||158||"Touch Of Grey"||15 March 2009||10 July 2009||815|
|16||159||"Heart Of Glass"||22 March 2009||17 July 2009||816|
|17||160||"Up Where We Belong"||5 April 2009||24 July 2009||817|
|18||161||"Danger Zone"||12 April 2009||31 July 2009||818|
|19-22||162-165|| ""Paradise City"|
"Degrassi Goes Hollywood"
|30 August 2009||14 August 2009||819-822|
|Degrassi: The Next Generation||Degrassi|