Main PlotManny Santos wants to be an actress. She is currently studying theatre at Smithdale University. She goes to a show where Kevin Smith and Jason Mewes are the hosts. Mewes gives her an audition, but she blows it. Eventually, she regains her confidence and goes to Hollywood with Peter Stone, his girlfriend Mia Jones, Sav Bhandari, Danny Van Zandt and her ex-boyfriend Jay Hogart. Meanwhile, Paige Michalchuk is telling everyone that she is a stylist, but she's really working as an assistant for an actress named Hailey Montel. Hailey is snobby and mean to Paige. Paige gets Haley an audition with Jason Mewes. After Hailey's audition she asks Paige to get an item that she left at the audition. Paige goes back and auditions for the part of Trixie. Paige is then offered the part. Paige and Manny are both known for getting into fights at Degrassi with each other, and they are bitter rivals. There is some major drama here since Manny wanted the role and Paige wound up getting it. Marco Del Rossi and Ellie Nash come to visit her in the mansion that she got by being the lead in the movie. Paige then becomes obnoxious, spoiled, and rude because of her fame. She slaps Marco in the face and he leaves her house and heads back to Canada. She gets kicked out of the movie. She then goes to a movie premiere and falls on the red carpet, then Manny helps her. Later in the movie Paige becomes Jason Mewes' assistant, except he is much nicer to her than Haley was. Manny ends up getting the role. Jay loves Manny and would do anything for her just to make her happy. They rekindle their relationship and kiss.
Ellie Nash is facing her own troubles. Her dad Colonel Nash has come back from Afghanistan, but has Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and Ellie is trying to avoid seeing him. She runs into her old friend Craig Manning in Hollywood. Craig is now a year sober. He asks Ellie to come stay at his place and plays a song he wrote for her titled "Rescue You." They spend the day at the beach together and her feelings for Craig resurface. However, later, she finds out that Craig has a girlfriend, Yvette, which depresses her, and she goes back to Paige's mansion. The next day, Craig shows up at Paige's party at the mansion and tries to talk to Ellie, who is very drunk. He tells her that he thought he had a perfect life there in Hollywood, until she showed up. Misunderstanding, she walks away without letting Craig finish what he was trying to say. She then dives into the ocean even though she can't swim.Craig and Marco find her and rescue her and they return to Craig's apartment. His girlfriend isn't there, and it's not clear whether they might have broken up or not. After a talk with Craig, she decides to go home and see her father. Craig goes with her to the airport. They say goodbye and leave, but they both turn back and run to each other. They kiss passionately, and Ellie says "We'll always have LA, right?" and Craig responds "Someday, maybe," indicating that they may embark on a relationship in the future. After a few more hugs and kisses, they say goodbye and Ellie heads home. Craig is very sad to see her go. In the end, Ellie visits her dad and begins to cry and hugs him; Marco stays at the hospital with Ellie, of whom he is very proud. Marco gets a call on his cell phone from Paige, but he decides to ignore the call.
- Even though the episode is based on Hollywood the majority of it was shot in Canada. Adamo Ruggiero, Lauren Collins, Jake Epstein, Jason Mewes, and Stacey Farber were the only ones who got to film the movie on location in Hollywood and in Canada even though it's assumed that other cast members, such as Cassie Steele, actually did arrive in Hollywood, but they filmed that portion in Canada.
- Paige has two different mansions in the movie, but it's only supposed to be one. This is because one was actually used for filming in California, and the other was used to film in Canada.
- This is the second episode to take place during a school Break. The first was Bust a Move and the next two were Boom Boom Pow and Degrassi: Las Vegas. Unlike the others, this one takes place during winter break as evidenced by Peter mentioning Winter break.
- At one point in the movie, Hailey Montel mentions Shenae Grimes, who portrayed Darcy Edwards on Degrassi. Hailey mentioned Shenae's new show 90210.
- This episode marks the final appearance of Ellie Nash.
- This episode marks Kevin Smith and Jason Mewes's last appearances on Degrassi.
- This was the first Degrassi movie in the TNG series and the second movie in the Degrassi Franchise, the first being School's Out!.
- Liberty, Snake, Riley, Connor, K.C., Clare, Johnny, Bruce and Jane were all absent from this movie.
- This movie had five celebrity guest stars: Perez Hilton, Vivica A. Fox, Kelly Carlson, Pete Wentz, and Cassadee Pope.
- After West End Girls, this is the second time that Paige broke her leg because of Manny.
- This episode marks the start of Manny and Jay's third relationship.
- This episode marks Manny's last plot.
- Stacey Farber (Ellie) was nominated for a Gemini award for her performance in this episode.
- This episode marks the final regular appearances of Mia Jones and Kelly Ashoona.
- In a 2015 interview, Stacey Farber admitted that she had a zit on the day that Craig and Ellie's kiss was filmed and felt very insecure about it. As such, she tried to use Jake Epstein's face to cover hers. She claimed that she cringed whenever she watched the kiss scene as it was "extremely awkward."
- Although Ellie cut herself numerous times in Whisper to a Scream, none of the scars on her arms are visible at any point during the film.
- Jake Epstein and Michael Seater previously co-starred in The Zack Files in which they played Cameron Dunleavey and Spencer Sharpe respectively.
Regular Cast (Ordered Alphabetically)
- Raymond Ablack as Sav Bhandari
- Dalmar Abuzeid as Danny Van Zandt
- Charlotte Arnold as Holly J. Sinclair
- Nina Dobrev as Mia Jones
- Jamie Johnston as Peter Stone
- Shane Kippel as Spinner Mason
- Miriam McDonald as Emma Nelson
- Samantha Munro as Anya MacPherson
- Melinda Shankar as Alli Bhandari
- Cassie Steele as Manny Santos
- Evan Williams as Kelly Ashoona
- Lauren Collins as Paige Michalchuk
- Jake Epstein as Craig Manning
- Stacey Farber as Ellie Nash
- Mike Lobel as Jay Hogart
- Adamo Ruggiero as Marco Del Rossi
- Paul Amos as Mick
- Hayley Andoff as Gwyneth
- Mary Ashton as Hailey Montel
- Nick Baillie as Photographer
- Rhoslynne Bugay as Stylist
- Kelly Carlson as herself
- Julia Chantrey as Casting assistant
- Tenika Davis as Yvette
- Romina D'Ugo as Nina
- Vivica A. Fox as herself
- Yani Gellman as "The Shores" boy
- Perez Hilton as himself
- Kevin Jubinville as The Shep
- Daniel Levesque as Colonel Nash
- Dan Levy as Robbie
- Danijel Mandic as Soldier
- Jamie Mayo as Soldier's wife
- Jason Mewes as himself
- Chris Morgan as Juicy
- Janna Polzin as Casting agent
- Cassadee Pope as herself
- James Preston Rogers as Roadhouse announcer
- Tim Rozon as himself
- Michael Seater as Michael Raye
- Kevin Smith as himself
- Pete Wentz as himself
- Sarah Barrable-Tishauer as Liberty Van Zandt
- Paula Brancati as Jane Vaughn
- Stefan Brogren as Archie Simpson
- Marc Donato as Derek Haig
- Sam Earle as K.C. Guthrie
- Jordan Hudyma as Blue Chessex
- Judy Jiao as Leia Chang
- Argiris Karras as Riley Stavros
- Jajube Mandiela as Chantay Black
- Scott Paterson as Johnny DiMarco
- Aislinn Paul as Clare Edwards
- AJ Saudin as Connor Delaurier
- Natty Zavitz as Bruce
- Sav: "Hey guys look what I found in the bushes, a phone! Ha."
- Sav: "I can't wait any longer, I've gotta go!"
- Holly J.: "What are we celebrating? That you guys stop making out long enough to go skating?" to Emma and Kelly
- Manny: "Why do you guys do everything he says?"
Peter: "'Cause he's awesome"
Sav: "And he scares us."
- Manny: "I'll be back before you know it."
Jay: "I'll be waiting for you, Boo."
- Jay: "No more Professor Sociopath, not on my watch."
- Sav: "My stickers... all gone."
- Craig: "Ellie, wait. I should have told you about Yvette."
Ellie: "No, you were trying to be a good friend, and I interpreted that as a romantic overture...again."
- Ellie: "I, I just really have to stop thinking that my feelings for you will...ever be requited."
Craig: "I had a really great time today."
- Ellie: "What are you doing here?"
Craig: "So I have this life in LA. It's pretty perfect: dream job, dream apartment, great girlfriend...And all of a sudden, you show up and suddenly everything doesn't seem so perfect anymore."
Ellie: "'Cause that's, that's what I do. Yeah, um, I'm the one who messes up people's lives."
Craig: "No, Ellie, no."
Ellie: "You know what? Um, you should just stay away from me because, um, you'll be better off."
Craig: "You don't get it..."
- Ellie: "Thanks again for all your help. You really came through for me."
Craig: "Call it even."
- Ellie: "We'll always have LA, right?"
Craig: "Someday, maybe."
- "I Just Wanna Party" by Stüdz
- "Give It Up (Gleedsville Remix)" by The Safe Word Project
- "Wasabi" by Dave Dunlop
- "Good Year" by Kieth and Renée
- "Back To Earth" by Art Of Fresh
- "All I Wanna Do" by The School
- "The Bee Hell" by The Two-Minute Miracles
- "Believe In Me" by Sloan
- "My Fair Weather Friend" by The Blue Seeds - Heard when Paige gets into a limo after talking to Marco about Ellie.
- "Swan Song" by Jake Epstein
- "Watch Out For The Fuzz" by Howie Beck
- "Rescue You" by Jake Epstein
- "Song For Malcolm" by Dave Dunlop
- "Fishnet Trucker" by Tim Welch
- "Blue Bobby" by Robert Bartolucci
- "Crash My Party" by Cassie Steele
- "Wanna Be A Star" by Walter Meego
- "Deluxxx" by Rachel
- "Come On And Go" by Scout - Heard when Ellie tries to drown herself.
- "Typical" by Hunter Valentine
- "Be Love" by The Trews
- "For The Nights I Can't Remember" by Hedley - Heard when Craig kisses Ellie goodbye.
- "Life Is A Show" by Cassie Steele
- "One Saturday Night Away" by Cassie Steele, Michael Seater & The Mewesical High Cast
Uptown Girl (1) • Uptown Girl (2) • Fight the Power • Didn't We Almost Have It All • Man With Two Hearts • With or Without You • Money for Nothing • Lost in Love (1) • Lost in Love (2) • Bad Medicine • Causing a Commotion • Heat of the Moment • Jane Says (1) • Jane Says (2) • Touch of Grey • Heart of Glass • Up Where We Belong • Danger Zone • Degrassi Goes Hollywood