“Don't You Want Me? (1)”
Season 6, Episode 18
May 7, 2007
July 27, 2007
Alex has money problems, along with family problems. When her mom's boyfriend won't pay rent and has debts over thousands of dollars, she decides to look for a job besides the low-paying theater. She become a waitress at gentleman's club but there's bigger money to be made onstage, so now Alex is left with a choice.
Alex and her mother Emily are in trouble. Chad, has run up thousands of dollars in credit card debt and hasn't been paying the rent. The situation is dire and Alex needs to make more money than she can at the theater - when a job as a waitress at a 'gentleman's club' comes up, she takes it - but learns there's bigger money onstage. Alex has to decide what to do - and how maybe more-than-friend Paige will deal with the situation.
Meanwhile, Emma wants to make plans for next year and is shocked to learn Sean's don't include her, or even Degrassi. Thinking she is pregnant, Emma and Sean are relieved when the test turns out negative.
- This episode is named after the song "Don't You Want Me" by The Human League.
Regular Cast (Ordered Alphabetically)
- Stefan Brogren as Archie Simpson
- Deanna Casaluce as Alex Nuñez
- Daniel Clark as Sean Cameron
- Lauren Collins as Paige Michalchuk
- Stacey Farber as Ellie Nash
- Mike Lobel as Jay Hogart
- Miriam McDonald as Emma Nelson
- Adamo Ruggiero as Marco Del Rossi
- Cassie Steele as Manny Santos
- Amanda Stepto as Christine Nelson
- Angelo Celeste as Cop
- Conrad Dunn as Vlad
- Rick Little as Announcer
- Debra McCabe as Emily Nuñez
- Tony Munch as Chad Kent
- Kristina Pesic as Mel
- Melanie Phillipson as Stephanie
- Sarah Plommer as Sherry Jubilee
- Brandon Thomas as Guy in club
- Emma: "I'm pregnant."
Sean: "You're right, I am going to freak out. Uh, are you sure? You do a test?"
Emma: "We'll do it together, okay?"
- Paige: "Hun, don't cry."
Alex: "Stop. You don't get to break my heart then comfort me, too."
- School Marquee: "First Semester Exams Are Coming. Are You Ready?"
- "55 Regrets" by Hello Operator
- "Wake to Weep" by Vivian George
- "Make Me Shake (Gimme Some Crush Crush)" by Shinjuku Zuli
- "Hustler" by Femme