|Intimacy Level||Mutual dislike; Former Bandmates|
|Conflict Started||Karma Chameleon (204)|
In Take My Breath Away, Ellie took a liking to Marco Del Rossi after the two bond over a favourite book, The Gashlycrumb Tinies by Edward Gorey. Ellie was too shy to ask him out, however. Meanwhile, Hazel, also harbouring a crush on Marco, saw to break the ice with him by asking him for help with her math homework. When Ellie sees Hazel approach Marco during lunch outside, she became discouraged. Much later, she sent an anonymous email to Marco telling him to meet her at the Zen Garden. When Marco arrives there, he expected to see Hazel, not Ellie. Ellie ran off embarrassed, until she gets a phone call from Marco telling her not to be as he planned to tell Hazel that she was not his type. Marco walked up beside Ellie and asked her out.
In Take On Me, Ellie and Hazel were both in Saturday detention, along with Jimmy, Sean Cameron, and Toby Isaacs. When detention was over, Ellie was about to take a photo of them until her tape recorder fell out of her bag, revealing she was only in detention as a story for her co-op job. Hazel and the others all became angry with her.
In King of Pain, Ellie and Hazel both supported Marco's campaign to become Student Council President.
In Islands in the Stream, Paige and Hazel witness Sean and Ellie sharing a romantic moment in the cafeteria.
On the first day of their senior year in Venus (1), Ellie, Hazel, Craig, Jimmy and Paige all ignored Spinner, who had been allowed to return to Degrassi by Ms. Hatzilakos. The next day, Hazel attended the surprise 17th birthday party that Ellie threw for Craig at The Dot even though she was not a close friend of his.
In Venus (2), Ellie wants to involve Paige and Hazel in a band, but they refuse the idea as their schedules are already full with extracurricular activities. However, Hazel kindly suggests joining Craig's band Downtown Sasquatch since it needed a new drummer.
In Redemption Song, Hazel gets jealous of Jimmy and Ellie becoming closer. Once she sees a painted mural of a girl that looks like Ellie, she confronts Jimmy who admits to liking her and Hazel dumps him.
- They were both born in August 1988.
- They both had a crush on Marco Del Rossi, but only Ellie dated him.
- They both were love interests of Jimmy Brooks, but only Hazel dated him.
- They were both friends with Marco, Ashley Kerwin and Paige Michalchuk.
- Hazel also had a conflict with Ellie's friend Alex Nuñez.
- Hazel started dated Jimmy in Take On Me, the same episode in which Ellie started dating Sean Cameron.
- They were both members of Hell Hath No Fury.
- They both graduated in the Class of 2006.
- They both made their first regular appearances in Father Figure (1).
- Unlike most Degrassi students, they were both virgins when they finished high school. Ellie lost her virginity during her freshman year at Toronto University to her then boyfriend Jesse Stefanovic at some point after Eyes Without a Face (2) but it is unknown when Hazel lost hers.
- In King of Pain, they both supported their mutual friend Marco's campaign to become Student Council President.
- They were both members of Archie Simpson's Grade 9 homeroom class 9F from 2002 to 2003.