Season 2, Episode 3
January 18, 1988
Joey says he has heard rumors about Liz and wonders if she "does it". Joey asks Liz to be his partner on a class project and she agrees. Arthur tells Yick that he has been having wet dreams and he doesn't know what to do.
Spike talks to Liz and they become friends. Arthur overhears Melanie talking about a sex radio show for teens and Yick thinks Arthur should call. Liz and Joey are working on their project in the library. They decide to finish it at Liz's house. Liz tells Spike that she likes Joey.
Joey thinks he and Liz are going to do it, and goes to buy condoms. Joey arrives at Liz's house and they begin working. Joey asks Liz if she wants to have sex. Liz gets mad and kicks Joey out. Arthur gives in and calls the show. Dr. Sally tells him that it is okay for him to have wet dreams.
Joey is sad because Liz is still mad at him. He tells Wheels that he feels really bad because he genuinely liked her.
- The character featured in the final freeze frame for this episode was Joey.
- First instance of wet dream was in this episode as Arthur mentioned that he was having them.
- This episode marks the first appearance of Liz O'Rourke. However, Cathy Keenan was used as an extra in various Season 1 episodes.
- The episode shares its title with the novel Great Expectations by Charles Dickens.
- Pat Mastroianni as Joey Jeremiah
- Cathy Keenan as Liz O'Rourke
- Duncan Waugh as Arthur Kobalewscuy
- Siluck Saysanasy as Yick Yu
- Nicole Stoffman as Stephanie Kaye
- Neil Hope as Derek Wheeler
- Stefan Brogren as Archie Simpson
- Amanda Stepto as Christine Nelson
- Maureen Deiseach as Heather Farrell
- Angela Deiseach as Erica Farrell
- Michael Carry as Simon Dexter
- John Ioannou as Alex Yankou
- Sara Ballingall as Melanie Brodie
- Rebecca Haines as Kathleen Mead
- Dan Woods as Daniel Raditch
- Duncan Waugh as Doris Bell
|Eggbert • A Helping Hand... • Great Expectations • Dinner & a Show • Stage Fright • Fight! • Bottled Up • Sealed With a Kiss • Dog Days • Censored • Trust Me • ...He's Back • Pass Tense|