“Heart of Glass”
Season 8, Episode 16
March 22, 2009
July 17, 2009
Alli is worried that she will lose Johnny to a more experienced girl, so she decides to play with the big kids at the Ravine. Meanwhile, Peter has been talking to Darcy and is planning to visit her, which makes Mia question whether Peter is fully committed to their relationship, or if he still has feelings for his ex.
The episode starts with Alli and Johnny making out in his car. When Johnny feels things are going too fast, he breaks it off and tells her it's getting late and that she should go home. When Alli returns home, she is furious and storms off to her room. She then calls Clare and immediately says "I hate my life."
The next day, she arrives at school and after embarrassing herself in front of her math teacher, she asks Mia and Anya if their boyfriends are ever not "in the mood." The girls then proceed to tell Alli that Johnny was "with" a lot of other girls at Lakehurst or in Mia's words, "he was a total dog." After class, Alli goes to talk to Johnny and asks if he wanted to go to see a movie that night. He proceeds to tell her that he promised Bruce he would go to the Ravine that night. After finally bothering him enough, he agrees to hang out with her at the Ravine.
At the Ravine, Alli decides to wear a rather risqué outfit, which impressed Johnny's friends. When Clare must leave due to time restraints, Alli must make the decision whether or not to sleep with Johnny. Her decision to lose her virginity brutally hurts their relationship. The next day at school, Alli breaks up with him and he is truly hurt.
That same afternoon, Clare and Alli are outside the school and Johnny is behind them. When Clare convinces Alli to go back to him, she tells Johnny that she is not going to have sex again until she is ready. After a loving conversation, Johnny tells Alli that he was a virgin too. When Alli asks "So, we can take it slow?" Johnny's reply is "You know it's impossible to say no to you, right?" The episode then ends with her head resting on his shoulder and his head on hers.
After school, Peter goes over to Mia and tells her (in front of Anya) that he is doing a world studies class and his country is Kenya. Mia and Anya say goodbye, but Anya points out that he chose the country his ex-girlfriend Darcy is in.
The night before at Peter's, Mia finds a form for Peter to go to Kenya to be with Darcy. When Mia tells Peter that she found the page, he gives her a blank stare, but the next day he tells her he has been thinking about Darcy a lot and she breaks up with him.
- This marks the first time Darcy is mentioned since having left the series.
- This is the episode where Alli loses her virginity.
- The episode is named after the song Heart Of Glass by Blondie
Regular Cast (Ordered Alphabetically)
- Nina Dobrev as Mia Jones
- Jamie Johnston as Peter Stone
- Argiris Karras as Riley Stavros
- Samantha Munro as Anya MacPherson
- Scott Paterson as Johnny DiMarco
- Aislinn Paul as Clare Edwards
- Melinda Shankar as Alli Bhandari
- Natty Zavitz as Bruce
- Matthew Del Bel Belluz as Reese
- Krysta Carter as TV star Lo
- Steven Cristini as TV star Brett
- Lucy Filippone as Nurse
- Kevin Jubinville as The Shep
- Michael Kinney as Darryl Armstrong
- Tom Melissis as Dom Perino
- Megan Ross as Girl with Reese
- Mishu Vellani as Mrs. Bhandari
- Raymond Ablack as Sav Bhandari
- Dalmar Abuzeid as Danny Van Zandt
- Charlotte Arnold as Holly J. Sinclair
- Sarah Barrable-Tishauer as Liberty Van Zandt
- Paula Brancati as Jane Vaughn
- Stefan Brogren as Archie Simpson
- Marc Donato as Derek Haig
- Sam Earle as K.C. Guthrie
- Jordan Hudyma as Blue Chessex
- Judy Jiao as Leia Chang
- Shane Kippel as Spinner Mason
- Jajube Mandiela as Chantay Black
- Miriam McDonald as Emma Nelson
- AJ Saudin as Connor Delaurier
- Cassie Steele as Manny Santos
- Evan Williams as Kelly Ashoona