|Full Name||Helen Edwards-Martin|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Family|| Darcy Edwards (Daughter)|
Clare Edwards (Daughter)
Jake Martin (Step-Son)
Glen Martin (Husband)
|Relationships|| Randall Edwards (Ex-Husband)|
Glen Martin (Husband)
|First Episode||Standing In The Dark (701)|
|Portrayed By||Ruth Marshall|
Season 7After Darcy was raped during a ski trip, she becomes a rebellious teen and goes to the lengths of calling her mother a bitch on the front steps of Degrassi.house. After some time she realizes Darcy is seriously troubled when she slits her wrist during school and attempts to kill herself. Although she didn't understand why, after dealing with Darcy falsely accusing Mr. Simpson of sexual molestation, Helen later learned that Darcy was raped during a ski trip.
Her and Randall put Darcy in a camp for troubled teens, so that she could become a better person and be able to deal with her issues and try to turn her back into a 'good girl'.
In Better Off Alone (1), Helen is seen having problems with her husband while being involved in multiple fundraisers for her church. She is continually reassuring Clare that she and Randall aren't fighting; they're simply disagreeing.
Helen also inadvertently prevents Clare from hanging out with Eli after having an argument with Randall in front of her, leaving Clare feeling guilty enough to go accompany her mother to a church fundraiser in place of her father.
In LoveGame, Helen tells Clare that she can't hang out with Alli because they're having company over for the evening. When Glen Martin and his son, Jake, show up for dinner, Helen explains why Clare isn't acting like herself, saying that she broke up with Eli and claims that it 'happens to the best of us,' giving a bit of a flirty look to Glen. When Clare and Jake leave for Above the Dot, Glen and Helen exchange flirty smiles.
In Should've Said No (1), She comes home at four in the morning after having sex with a stranger that she met at a bar, and Clare is shocked. It is highly likely that it was actually Glen who Helen had been hanging out with.
In Dead and Gone (1), Helen informs Jake and Clare along with Glen that the two of them are getting married. She also asked Clare to be her maid-of-honor, however, she finds out about Jake and her, so she tells Clare that they need to break-up.
In Nowhere to Run, Helen finally marries Glen Martin and takes the name Helen Martin. When they go on their honeymoon, Jake throws a party at his cabin. Worried because Clare wasn't answering her phone, Glen and Helen find them at the cabin, go home, and go antiqueing.
In Scream (2) , she is discussing with Clare and Ms.Oh about the Asher saga.
- When first meeting Darcy's boyfriend at the time, Peter, and his mother, she suggests that Peter has issues because Ms. Hatzilakos and Mr. Stone are divorced. Ironically, she and Mr. Edwards later get divorced.
- She sends Darcy to a camp to get rid of her instead of trying to help her.
- Her ex-husband cheated on her numerous times while they were still married.
- She didn't know that Clare and Jake were dating until Dead and Gone (1), and she didn't know know that they continued dating and broke up in Underneath It All.
- She can be a hypocrite.
- She had no idea that Clare ran away from home.
- She shares the same first name as Joey's real-estate agent from Time Stands Still (1).
- Helen is one of the six wifes to be cheated on by her husband. The other five were Mrs. Ryan, Daphne Hatzilakos, Kate Kerwin, Christine "Spike" Nelson, and Mrs. Brooks.
(To Jake): "Take your damn skates off!"
- Randall Edwards (Divorced)
- Main article: Glen-Helen Relationship