“I Want Candy”
Season 3, Episode 20
March 22, 2004
July 16, 2004
Paige and Spinner decide to skip school so that they can visit Terri in the hospital, and they invite Ashley in the hopes of cheering her up. When Paige tells Ashley she isn't even close to outgoing anymore, she proves that she is by winning 3rd prize in an Elvis competition.
When Emma accidentally finds Snake's will, she panics in fear that his chemotherapy has failed him. Meanwhile, Alex picks the wrong time to bully Emma, ultimately causing a physical fight to take place between the two of them.
- This episode marks the last appearance of Terri, as she moves to private school.
- This episode also marks the first time a main character leaves the show.
- This episode is named after the song "I Want Candy" by Bow Wow Wow.
- This episode marks the first time Emma gets in a physical fight with someone at school, and the first girlfight on the show.
- Ashley has a poster for the Sloan's sixth album, Pretty Together, on her bedroom wall.
- Dylan's license plate on his car is "ADEV-502".
- The semi-formal is first mentioned in this episode.
- J.T. begins to contemplate with the idea of asking Manny to the semi-formal.
- Terri has awoken from her coma that Rick Murray put her in in Don't Dream It's Over.
- Snake's wallpaper for his laptop is the family picture that was taken in Father Figure after the birth of his son, Jack Simpson.
- Ashley is still depressed over the fact that Craig cheated on her with Manny.
- Snake's cancer, that he has been battling with all season, has gone into remission.
- Paige, Spinner, and Ashley visit the same restaurant, Crespeile, that Marco, his parents, and Dylan visited in the episode before. The same waiter served both parties.
Regular Cast (Ordered Alphabetically)
- Sarah Barrable-Tishauer as Liberty Van Zandt
- Stefan Brogren as Archie Simpson
- Lauren Collins as Paige Michalchuk
- Ryan Cooley as J.T. Yorke
- Shane Kippel as Spinner Mason
- Miriam McDonald as Emma Nelson
- Melissa McIntyre as Ashley Kerwin
- Adamo Ruggiero as Marco Del Rossi
- Christina Schmidt as Terri MacGregor
- Amanda Stepto as Christine Nelson
- Dan Woods as Daniel Raditch
- John Bregar as Dylan Michalchuk
- Deanna Casaluce as Alex Nuñez
- Robin Craig as Mrs. Mason
- Melissa DiMarco as Daphne Hatzilakos
- Paul Fracassi as Lil' Elvis
- "Humble Howard" Glassman as Announcer
- Kathy Imrie as Nurse
- Katie Lai as Kendra Mason
- Tom Melissis as Dom Perino
- Maria Ricossa as Kate Kerwin
- Sugith Varguhese as Dr. Moragoda
- Marcus Wells as Big Elvis
- J.P. Richards as Andrew
- Emma: Alex, what is your problem?
- Alex: Let's see: your personality, your clothes, your "holier-than-thou" attitude, you.
- "Amen" by Paul Fracassi
- "Elvis" by Supergarage
- "How Great Thou Art" by Marcus Wells
- "Lost" by Melissa McIntyre
- Watch I Want Candy on Gorillavid (International)