“Jane Says (1)”
Season 8, Episode 13
March 1, 2009
July 3, 2009
Jane's mom wants her father back in her and her brother Lucas' lives, and Jane doesn't want anything to do with him. Meanwhile, Danny's new girlfriend Leia has a problem—she doesn't feel that she fits in with Danny's friends.
Jane and Lucas' father comes back to town. The whole family, much to Jane's chagrin, is excited that he is back in their lives. Jane is suspicious about her father, but she can't quite understand why. When she finally remembers what he did to her as a little girl, she feels uncomfortable.
Meanwhile, Leia feels that she doesn't fit in with Danny's friends. So, Leia makes up lies, such as Sav coming on to her, and tells them to Danny. She has to lie to impress them and says that her dad is a huge music producer for bands such as Fall Out Boy and Aerosmith. They go to a show, and Leia is really embarrassed when the truth comes out. Danny decides to stay with her, but his friends completely cut her out.
- This is one of the three episodes that has a character's name in the title, excluding The Kids of Degrassi Street episodes. The other two are Kiss Me, Steph and Jessie's Girl.
- This episode is similar to the Degrassi High episode, Crossed Wires.
- Leia lies about watching four seasons of Lost in order to get closer to Danny.
- Jane passes her driving test and receives her license.
- In this episode, you see a flashback and Jane's dad calls her Janey Bear when her name was still Anastasia. However, Jane is her middle name.
- This is the only Season 8 episode in which Liberty appears without Emma Nelson, Manny Santos and Kelly Ashoona.
- In this episode we find out that Jane was sexually abused by her father.
- Leia: "One thing that's not a lie is that I really like you."
- "Getting Crazy" by Keely Pressly
- "Get Loose" by Grave Plott
- "Devil In A Blue Sky" by Secret Surburbia
- "Please Believe Me" by Winhara
- "You" by Atmosphere
- "Get Back" by Public
- "Tounge Tied" by Ash Keilyn
- Watch Jane Says (1) on GorillaVid (International)