In Don't You Want Me? (1), Jay brings Mel to Marco and Ellie's house party, introducing Mel as his girlfriend. She tells Alex that Zanzibar is hiring. She helps Alex get a job there, as Alex is in need of one.
In Don't You Want Me? (2), Jay and Mel are at a club with Alex, Paige Michalchuk, Ellie Nash, and Marco Del Rossi. Alex lies to Paige about quitting her job as a stripper, and Jay and Mel give her relationship advice. They say that lying isn't a strong foundation for a relationship, and that when a girl is stripping, word gets around, implying that Paige will find out from someone.
In Love is a Battlefield, Jay mentions to Alex that he and Mel broke up, and that he misses her. Jay claims that Mel left him.
- Start Up: Before Don't You Want Me? (1) (618)
- Break Up: Before Love is a Battlefield (703)
- Reason: Unknown, but Jay claimed he still had feelings for her.
- Mel was the only recurring character in which Jay was in a real relationship with, due to the fact that his time with Amy was merely a hook-up.
- Mel appeared on-screen with Alex more than she was with Jay.
- They were both good friends with Alex Nuñez.