|Intimacy Level||Ex-boyfriend and girlfriend (Sexual)|
|Started Dating||School's Out!|
|Dating Status||Broken up in School's Out!|
In A Tangled Web, Tessa revealed that she had a crush on Joey. When she sees a secret admirer note in her locker, she assumed it was written by Joey. When Alex had the same note assuming that it was written by Tessa (when it was written by Arthur) she ends up dating Alex.
School's Out!Although Joey and Tessa's relationship only took place in School's Out!, Joey was still dating Caitlin when it happened. When Joey proposed to Caitlin at Lucy's party, and got rejected because Caitlin wasn't ready, Joey storms away, and gives Tessa a ride home. As Joey and Tessa arrive at Tessa's home, Tessa pulls him in for a kiss.
The next day, Tessa purposely shows up at the drugstore where Joey works and asks him out on a date. At first Joey is hesitant, but then he agrees to do so, thinking that Caitlin wouldn't find out. Since Caitlin and Joey have completely different schedules, Joey spends most of his summer with Tessa. The two even became sexually active.
Their relationship ends when Joey had been lying to Tessa about various events (e.g. taking Caitlin to Bronco's cottage, having a birthday dinner with his parents). Tessa didn't appreciate this and broke up with Joey.
- Start Up: "School's Out! " (TV Movie)
- Break Up: "School's Out!" (TV Movie)
- Reason: Joey had been lying to Tessa; he was actually cheating on Caitlin with her.
- Joey lost his virginity to Tessa, but it is unknown if Tessa lost her virginity to Joey.
- Tessa never told Joey that she was pregnant with his baby, nor that she aborted the child.
- In Holiday (2), Joey makes a reference to his past relationship with Tessa, when comforting Craig who was dating Ashley and Manny at the same time; however, he said that his relationship with Tessa was one of the biggest regrets of his life.
- They both graduated in the Class of 1993.
- This is the first couple in Degrassi that have had an intense sexual relationship.
- During Time Stands Still (1), Craig asked Sydney to stop Joey from selling his house, which made Joey feel uncomfortable because he broke up with Sydney for Catlin. He tells Craig that he will be going out a couple of times and when he comes back he didn't want to see Tessa on his doorstep.