“Just Can't Get Enough”
Season 9, Episode 1-2
October 4, 2009
October 9, 2009
Sara Snow (Part 1)
When Mia is offered a major modeling contract in Paris, Peter decides that he'll go with her, but he soon realizes he doesn't fit into her sophisticated world. At a posh party, feeling frustrated and insecure, a guest offers an unlikely escape: crystal meth. Soon enough, Peter's 'trip' goes terribly wrong. Back at Degrassi, Alli is concerned when new girl Jenna focuses on becoming Clare's friend. There's no way this is going to end well -- and absolutely no way Alli's going to let it.
Mia gets a modeling job in France and Peter is ecstatic with joy because he thinks he will go too. Declan and Fiona invite the couple to their parents' party and Peter makes a fool out of himself. He is later offered meth from Victoria, the Coynes' cousin, and accepts it. He is "energized" and begins to make his public embarrassment even worse. Fiona tells Mia about the meth and Mia brings Peter home and tells him to stop the meth.
Peter says he will, but lies and reverts back to it. He continues to get more and more "happy" as he does. The next day, Mia visits and tells him to get some help. She then apologizes at school and they make up. Peter plans to go with her, but then realizes he doesn't belong with her. She is heart-broken but not surprised since he was right. Mia then tells him to get counseling.
Peter has a meltdown and does more meth. At the dance, he freaks out and goes to the middle of the street at night. The Stüdz and Riley come to the rescue and bring him home. Peter calls his mom and Ms. Hatzilakos returns to help. Peter and Mia get over their fight and promise to keep in touch.
Back at Degrassi, Alli is concerned when new girl Jenna focuses on becoming Clare's friend. Alli begins to become jealous when Clare spends more time with Jenna than her, but eventually they all make up when Jenna says she wants to be friends with both of them. Holly J. is overstressed by "niners" who insist that she follow their demands and can't say no because Blue is convinced that Holly J. is a new, nicer person. Finally, at the dance, she breaks down and dumps Blue.
- This episode is named after the song "Just Can't Get Enough" by Depeche Mode.
- The theme song has been remixed again and is now performed by the in-show band, The Stüdz.
- Annie Clark, Landon Liboiron, Jessica Tyler, and Jahmil French have been added to the opening credits. Sarah Barrable-Tishauer, Evan Williams, Marc Donato, and Nina Dobrev have been removed.
- First appearance of Jenna, Dave, Fiona, and Declan.
- This is the second time Peter's girlfriend goes to a different continent. The other girl being Darcy, who went to Kenya, Africa.
- Nina Dobrev, who plays Mia, left the show to go on The CW's Vampire Diaries, therefore this episode marks her last appearance.
- Peter's addiction to meth is the second drug addiction in the TNG series. The first was Craig Manning's addiction to cocaine.
- This marks the end of Peter and Mia's second and final relationship.
Regular Cast (Ordered alphabetically)
- Raymond Ablack as Sav Bhandari
- Dalmar Abuzeid as Danny Van Zandt
- Charlotte Arnold as Holly J. Sinclair
- Stefan Brogren as Archie Simpson
- Annie Clark as Fiona Coyne
- Sam Earle as K.C. Guthrie
- Jahmil French as Dave Turner
- Jordan Hudyma as Blue Chessex
- Judy Jiao as Leia Chang
- Jamie Johnston as Peter Stone
- Argiris Karras as Riley Stavros
- Shane Kippel as Spinner Mason
- Landon Liboiron as Declan Coyne
- Jajube Mandiela as Chantay Black
- Samantha Munro as Anya MacPherson
- Scott Paterson as Johnny DiMarco
- Aislinn Paul as Clare Edwards
- AJ Saudin as Connor Delaurier
- Melinda Shankar as Alli Bhandari
- Jessica Tyler as Jenna Middleton
- Gina Clayton as Anna Jones
- Melissa DiMarco as Daphne Hatzilakos
- Nina Dobrev as Mia Jones
- Rick Jon Egan as Mr. Lavigne
- Kevin Jubinville as The Shep
- Jon-Paul Khouri as Fashion photographer
- Linlyn Lue as Laura Kwan
- John MacDonald as Security guard
- Doug Morency as Mr. Bince
- Shileen Paton as Victoria
- Ed Robertson as Mr. Fowler
- Eyal Simko as Male model
- Joy Tanner as Laura Coyne
- Larissa Vouloukos as Isabella Jones
- Declan: "Time to turn this snoozefest in to a Studzfest. Back from a long summer in California working on a movie, here's Peter...something."
- Alli (referring to Jenna): "Since when did our school become some bizarre white version of Fame?"
- Holly J.: "Actually, Blue, I know exactly what my priority is right now; this taco. Got it?"
- Peter: "Look! The sidewalk makes a different sound than the street!"
- Peter: "She left me to go to Paris. But that's okay, 'cause they always do, right?"
- Mia: "So when you feel insecure in Paris, you're gonna snort stuff? Real attractive."
- Mia: "Get some help, Peter."
- Holly J.: "It's Holly freaking J.!"
- Peter: "What are you talking about? There's no Stüdz without me! Those are my songs. They teach you about that in copyright class, or whatever."
- Peter (On what he would do if he moved with Mia to France): "Play my ax, eat crescent rolls, maybe go to a French school."
Riley: "And learn the French word for crescent rolls."
- "Whoa California" by Stüdz
- "Shine" by Jessica Tyler
- "Transform On The Floor" by ETNC
- "Paris" by The Drew Jurecka Jazz Trio
- "Don't Call Me Dave" by The Drew Jurecka Jazz Trio
- "Dance With Dad" by The Drew Jurecka Jazz Trio
- "Whoa California" by Stüdz
- "Suffer For My Art (Electomix)" by Chicks With Hits
- "Black Butterfly" by Cure Gravity
- "Shine" by Jessica Tyler
- "Get Along" by Fur Patrol
- "Zebra Zebra Bravo" by Man Your House