Marco reveals his sexuality to his mom but doesn't tell his homophobic father, as he isn't ready yet, but when he decides to run for School Council President, his opponent (Alex) decides to play dirty politics by threatening to reveal his homosexuality at the Election assembly, which his dad is going to attend.
Once the day of the big debate comes, Alex reveals her campaign as her being a "freak," but even though she threatened Marco about his sexuality, she decides to keep it a secret, deciding at the last minute that it is wrong to use homophobia as a winning tactic.
However, Marco ends up winning the presidential position and in a move of forgiveness, he happily makes Alex his vice-president.
This makes Ellie (who's already friends with Marco) become friends with Alex quickly.
Liberty has a crush on Chris. Emma finds out about Liberty's crush, and tries to prevent Liberty from going with Chris anywhere.
Although Manny is originally all for helping her best friend, she decides against it when Emma tells her that the reason she is embarrassed is that she would never want people to know that Chris dumped her only to go out with Liberty, referring to Liberty as unattractive.
Manny tells Liberty. Deciding that Emma was being too harsh, Liberty quickly ends her friendship with her.
- This episode is named after the song "King of Pain" by Sting and The Police.
- Marco officially came out to his mom in this episode.
- Marco got 321 votes, while Alex got 209.
- Shannon Kook-Chun who portrays Zane Park was an extra in this episode (source)
- This episode marks the end of Marco and Dylan's first relationship.
- This episode marks the start of Marco and Dylan's second relationship.
- The original title for this episode was "Don't You Want Me?".
Regular Cast (Ordered Alphabetically)
- Sarah Barrable-Tishauer as Liberty Van Zandt
- Stefan Brogren as Archie Simpson
- Lauren Collins as Paige Michalchuk
- Ryan Cooley as J.T. Yorke
- Jake Epstein as Craig Manning
- Jake Goldsbie as Toby Isaacs
- Shane Kippel as Spinner Mason
- Andrea Lewis as Hazel Aden
- Miriam McDonald as Emma Nelson
- Adamo Ruggiero as Marco Del Rossi
- Cassie Steele as Manny Santos
- Dan Woods as Daniel Raditch
- John Bregar as Dylan Michalchuk
- Brona Brown as Louisa Del Rossi
- Deanna Casaluce as Alex Nuñez
- Michael Kinney as Darryl Armstrong
- Mike Lobel as Jay Hogart
- Daniel Morrison as Chris Sharpe
- Tony Sciara as Mr. Del Rossi
- Alex (To Marco): "We'll ask the crowd at the assembly tomorrow. Who would they rather vote for: the freak or the queer? By the way, I'm the freak."
- Paige: "Ice patches, bottomless pits, dog crap and Alex; pedestrian hazards to avoid."
Alex: "Nice shirt, hate to bloody it."
Paige: "Nice attitude, hate to deflate it by reminding you that you're a loser."
- Emma: "I'm just having a hard time letting Chris go."
Liberty: "Well, I won't have a hard time letting you go... Straight to hell."
- Liberty (To Emma): "You're dead to me."
- Marco: "Take this picture and make your dormmates jealous."
Dylan: "They're straight."
Marco: "Then make them uncomfortable!"
- Manny: "When Liberty sees an opportunity. She goes for it. She's like a rabid wolverine."
- Marco: "Hey, I get to pick my vice president."
Alex: "And I get to pick my nose."
- "Sore" by Buck 65