Season 7, Episode 20
May 26, 2008
July 18, 2008
Anya's leading a Freedom Fast to raise money for children in Africa, and Holly J. and Sav team up to help. When Holly J. exposes a secret about Sav, Anya decides to get even, and their crumbling friendship turns the charity event into a messy personal battle. Manny's engagement ring is still at the pawn shop, so she and Jay auction off their plane tickets in an attempt to get it back.
It's Anya's first year running the Free The Children Freedom Fast to promote education and health in Africa by herself. She has a lot to coordinate - which would be hard enough without meddling Holly J., who's determined to make Anya choose between her and Sav. But when Anya tries to forge a friendship between her boyfriend and her best friend by making them work together, her plan backfires. With the troops getting hungry and growing restless, Anya declares an all-out war. Sav and Holly J. "exchange secrets" by Holly J. tricking Sav into telling her that he has to be married to someonewhileSav learns Holly J. feels like she is hidden behind her sister, Heather's, shadow. Holly J. tells Anya Sav's secret and she is depressed.. Anya realizes Sav loves her and will try anything for her. Anya and Sav plot against Holly J. for her attempt to break the them up. Anya gets in a room with her and secretly turns on the webcam while giving her a chocolate chip cookie and she eats it. Later on, the band performs, and Holly J. is booed off the stage. The next morning she returns with several pizzas and most of the fasters eat it, some hours before the scheduled end of the fast. Holly J. later confronts a torn-apart Anya and wonders what's wrong. Anya tells her that she always treats her like dirt and never tries to help her. The next week, Holly J. and Anya talk. Anya tells Holly J not to talk to her and calls her "Holly". Holly J. tells her not to do it because if she doesn't have Anya, she has no friends. Anya replies, "You did this to yourself." Holly J. then walks off angrily.
Manny has to get her pawned engagement ring back to stop Jay's pouting - it has real sentimental value for him. But she doesn't have any money, just two useless tickets to Malta. Going to an auction just might be their only chance to make money and set things right, but even that might not happen.
Regular Cast (Ordered Alphabetically)
- Dalmar Abuzeid as Danny Van Zandt
- Charlotte Arnold as Holly J. Sinclair
- Paula Brancati as Jane Vaughn
- Marc Donato as Derek Haig
- Mazin Elsadig as Damian Hayes
- Shenae Grimes as Darcy Edwards
- Jamie Johnston as Peter Stone
- Shane Kippel as Spinner Mason
- Mike Lobel as Jay Hogart
- Miriam McDonald as Emma Nelson
- Cassie Steele as Manny Santos
- Raymond Ablack as Sav Bhandari
- Craig Kielburger as himself
- Jeffrey Knight as Auctioneer
- Jajube Mandiela as Chantay Black
- Tom Melissis as Dom Perino
- Samantha Munro as Anya MacPherson
- Sarah Barrable-Tishauer as Liberty Van Zandt
- Stefan Brogren as Archie Simpson
- Lauren Collins as Paige Michalchuk
- Melissa DiMarco as Daphne Hatzilakos
- Nina Dobrev as Mia Jones
- Stacey Farber as Ellie Nash
- Aubrey Graham as Jimmy Brooks
- Adamo Ruggiero as Marco Del Rossi
- Amanda Stepto as Christine Nelson
- Holly J. Sinclair: I didn't know you felt bad.
- Anya MacPherson: Well I do, all the time, and it's because of you. You can't stand to see me happy. Why do you hate me so much?
- Holly J. Sinclair: I don't! You're my best friend!
- Anya MacPherson: Then why do you treat me like dirt?
- Holly J. Sinclair: Because you let me.