|Full Name||Laura Coyne|
|Nickname(s)|| Mama Coyne (by Holly J)
Mama Bear (by Fiona)
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Family||Declan Coyne (Son)|
|Relationships||Mr. Coyne (Husband)|
|First Episode||Just Can't Get Enough (901)|
|Portrayed By||Joy Tanner|
Laura Coyne is involved in the fashion industry and is the wife of a diplomat. She is the mother of Declan and Fiona Coyne, whom she loves very much. When she lived in Toronto with her husband, Declan and Fiona, she was the Style Editior of T.O. Fashion Magazine.
She is seen once again in Somebody, and she interviews Holly J. for a business internship, although Holly J. makes a mistake by revealing her and Laura's son, Declan, are dating. Laura and Holly J.'s mother, Mary-Kate, order Holly J. and Declan to stop dating, although this plan does not work, as the pair continue to see each other.
In Keep On Loving You, Laura informs her children that they will be moving back to Manhattan. Fiona is overjoyed, but Laura is concerned when Declan is hesitant. She is apparently fine with Holly J. going to Manhattan for the summer.
She is seen briefly in Degrassi Takes Manhattan talking to Declan and Fiona about Vanderbilt Prep. She is later seen hugging Fiona, as she takes her off to the Hamptons for therapy.
In What a Girl Wants (1), she is seen socializing with guests at the going away party she's thrown for Holly J. She then greets Fiona and Bobby when they show up to the event. She later walks in on Fiona and Declan discussing Fiona's idea for new uniforms at Vanderbilt Prep. At this point she is impressed that Fiona is already on track for a good year. As the episode ends, another party is being thrown and she is all smiles when Bobby arrives. She calls for Fiona to come see "what a lucky girl" she is, unaware of her daughter covering up a bruise she's just gained from Bobby.
In What a Girl Wants (2), she is seen observing Fiona's pitch for new Vanderbilt uniforms, praising her for it afterward. Later when Fiona tries talking to her about Bobby, she dismisses it as her daughter blowing things out of proportion again.
In Breakaway (1), she shows up at Degrassi ready to hear Fiona out after Holly J. informs her of Fiona fleeing New York. At The Dot, Fiona explains the whole Bobby situation. Laura announces her plans to fight against Bobby, but Fiona doesn't want to go back.
In Breakaway (2), she discusses schooling options with Fiona, who wants to stay at Degrassi. Laura is hesitant at first, but agrees to it under a few conditions.
In Chasing Pavements (1), she helps Fiona get through the case.
In Chasing Pavements (2), Laura gives snacks to Adam and Fiona while they watch their movie. Later when Fiona comes out of the closet to her as a lesbian, she is supportive of her, and tells Fiona she only wants her daughter to be happy and that she can handle anything.
In Spring Fever, she arrives to inform Fiona that her Spring break trip has been cancelled due to a volcano erupting in Hawaii.
In Cry Me A River, she returns from New York to check up on Fiona. Upon her arrival, she discovers that Fiona has been skipping school. Fiona reveals that she can't fit in at Degrassi. Laura manages to convince Fiona that with already being a few credits short, skipping school is the last thing she should be doing
InTake A Bow (2), She comes to Fiona's condo and offers to stay for a while after discovering that Fiona is feeling down. Fiona assures her that she is fine, and Laura returns to New York.
In Underneath It All (1), she is riding up to Degrassi in a limo with Fiona. When she asks Fiona whether she is regretting her decision to spend another year in a blue Degrassi polo, Fiona assures her that this year will be different. They jokingly discuss what this fresh start could bring about, then Laura blows Fiona a kiss goodbye.
In Not Ready To Make Nice (1), Fiona tells her of a crush on Imogen and how she feels setting Imogen up with Eli will take it off her mind.
In In the Cold, Cold Night, she is arrested for some money issues and sends Holly J. back to help Fiona while she is on house arrest. She also suggests that Fiona move back to New York while the investigation is on going.
- Joy Tanner starred on the Disney Channel T.V. show Life with Derek which she played the mother to her fellow Degrassi co-star Jordan Todosey.
- (To Fiona): "We need to talk."
- (To Fiona): (concerning Bobby): "We can't let this bastard get away with this! Now can we?"
- (To Fiona): "This is what mad looks like!"
- Fiona (Lying to her mother about about Bobby): "What if he never hit me?" Laura: "Fiona, please don't play games right now.." Fiona: "You're not hearing me, he never hit me! He never pulled me down the stairs, I made it all up!" Laura: "That is rediculous! Why would you do that?" Fiona: "Haven't you heard?! I'm CRAZY! (walks away)" Laura: "Fiona!" Fiona: "Can you let me be normal, for once, please?! At my normal school, to take my normal test, like a normal girl! Please!"
- (To Fiona): "Regretting your decision to spend another year in Degrassi blue?"
- Laura: "I may have made a mess of things. They have closed off all our accounts." Fiona: "So they are treating you like some criminal?!" Laura: "Until the judge decides I'm not, yes."