“Live to Tell”
Season 7, Episode 12
March 24, 2008
March 7, 2008
Kate Miles Melville
Darcy is still not over her rape and finds a confidant in Mr. Simpson, but her constant flirtation is making his life difficult. Meanwhile, Jimmy is in a downward relationship with Ashley, and begins a relationship with Trina.
Still unable to cope with her rape, a troubled Darcy goes down a destructive path of lies, promiscuity, and disturbing behavior which results in her losing Peter and her reputation. She constantly hangs around near Mr. Simpson and she begins to make advances towards him, including hugging him and flirting.
When he told her she had to stop, she went manic and threatened to cut open her throat with a pair of scissors, but just cuts off part of her hair and leaves. Later, he tells her he wants to talk to her, and had her mother, the principal, and the counselor come in so she could admit to being raped. But she tells them Mr. Simpson was making sexual advances towards her and everyone believed her.
She tries to get Peter to have sex with her, but he was disgusted and left so she went to have sex with Johnny on the roof. Manny found her and started to talk to her, and Darcy attempts to throw herself off the roof, but Manny grabs her and then Darcy starts to cry in Manny's arms.
Meanwhile, Jimmy is tired of leaning on Ashley for everything and it doesn't help their struggling relationship when his new physio buddy Trina is there to help him become more independent, leaving Jimmy with a tough decision to make. Jimmy and Trina get closer and when Ashley sees Trina giving Jimmy a ride to school, Ashley is angered. When she tries to talk to Jimmy, he says she was just a crutch and they break up.
- This episode is named after the song Live to Tell by Madonna.
- This is Spinner's 100th episode.
- This episode marks the end of Peter and Darcy's first relationship.
- This episode also marks the end of Jimmy and Ashley's fourth and final relationship.
- In this episode Darcy attempts suicide two more times following Standing In The Dark (2). First threatening to cut her throat open with scissors, second attempting to fall from the roof of Degrassi Community School. Both times she was stopped by the presence of a friend (Archie and Manny).
- This episode marks the beginning of Jimmy and Trina's relationship.
Regular Cast (Ordered Alphabetically)
- Dalmar Abuzeid as Danny Van Zandt
- Charlotte Arnold as Holly J. Sinclair
- Sarah Barrable-Tishauer as Liberty Van Zandt
- Stefan Brogren as Archie Simpson
- Melissa DiMarco as Daphne Hatzilakos
- Marc Donato as Derek Haig
- Aubrey Graham as Jimmy Brooks
- Shenae Grimes as Darcy Edwards
- Jamie Johnston as Peter Stone
- Shane Kippel as Spinner Mason
- Miriam McDonald as Emma Nelson
- Cassie Steele as Manny Santos
- Ruth Marshall as Helen Edwards
- Melissa McIntyre as Ashley Kerwin
- Samantha Munro as Anya MacPherson
- Scott Paterson as Johnny DiMarco
- Terra Vnesa as Trina
- Natty Zavitz as Bruce
- Darcy: "I'm crazy, Manny! Haven't you heard? I'm a crazy slut!"
- Darcy: (grabs scissors) "Let's just talk. Can't we just talk?"
Mr. Simpson: "Darcy, put the scissors down."
- Darcy: "That ring belonged to virgin Darcy, I am not a virgin!"
- Mrs. Edwards: "So, can I pick you up or will you have another detention today?
Darcy: "I can walk home by myself, like I have been since I was a kid."
Mrs. Edwards: "Well, when you were a kid, I didn't have to worry about what kind of trouble you were getting into."
Darcy: "Well, sorry for changing. It's a good thing you still stayed the same...you're still a bitch."
Mrs. Edwards: "EXCUSE ME, YOUNG LADY! I HEARD THA-"
- Manny: "Every girl is entitled to a secret..or two..or three."
- Peter: "I really tried to help. But you're, like, hopeless."
- School Marquee: "Degrassi Logo Contest Winner Announced At Friday's Pep Rally."
- "Drop It Hot" by Misty Gonzales
- "Don't You Know" by The Midways