“Lost In Love (2)”
Season 8, Episode 9
January 18, 2009
February 13, 2009
Desperate to win Jane back, Spinner sneaks into the Leadership Convention Jane is speaking at and proposes to her. When Jane turns him down, Spinner breaks up with her. Jane soon realizes she needs Spinner in her life, but she worries she won't be able to win him back. She tricks Spinner into attending the Degrassi Sweetheart Dance so that she can give him a proper speech. After he takes her back, Jane says yes to Spinner's proposal but also states that they must wait until after college.
Johnny shows up at Bot Wars because he has a brother in the competition, and admits that he does like Alli, and she persuades him to come to the dance. Clare goes to the dance with Connor to avoid hurting his feelings, but when she dances with K.C., the person she really wanted to go with, she hurts Connor anyway. Johnny shows up to the dance, much to Alli's delight. He also gives her her first kiss and the two begin a relationship from this episode on.
- This is the start of Jane and Spinner's second relationship.
- This is the last appearance of Toby Isaacs.
- This is the episode where you find out K.C. and Clare really like each other.
- First and last time a Degrassi team has competed against a team from a real school under their real name - Governor Simcoe Secondary School from St. Catherines, ON, whose robotics team supplied both robots as well as consulting with Epitome on the storyline.
- Although the fictional "Bot Wars" name was prominent throughout, a real FIRST Robotics banner can be seen over the arena from certain camera angles.
- This episode is also named after the song "Lost in Love" by the band Air Supply.