“Lost in Love (1)”
Season 8, Episode 8
November 30, 2008
February 13, 2009
Spinner and Jane have been dating for a while and are ready to spend their future together. Jane is getting ready for pre-law school and Spinner is applying for police academy. Everything is going quite peachy until Spinner gets rejected from the police academy and decides to lie about it. Holly J., known for being "The Mean Girl", blabs to Jane about Spinner's secret. Will the couple break up or can a ring save the day?
At Degrassi, the students are getting ready for the Sweetheart Dance. Trouble brews when Clare gets asked to the dance by K.C. and Connor. She wants to go with K.C., but Connor is her friend. Plus, her robot competition is coming up. A fellow ninth grader, Alli, has her own boy problems. She is crushing on Johnny DiMarco, who obviously likes her, but doesn't want to date a niner.
- This episode marks the final appearances of Jimmy Brooks and Trina.
- This is also Jimmy's 100th episode.
- This is the end of Jane and Spinner's first relationship.
- This is the start of Kelly and Emma's relationship.
- This episode marks the start of Jimmy and Trina's engagement.
- This episode is named after the song "Lost in Love" by the Air Supply.
- Raymond Ablack as Sav Bhandari
- Dalmar Abuzeid as Danny Van Zandt
- Charlotte Arnold as Holly J. Sinclair
- Sarah Barrable-Tishauer as Liberty Van Zandt
- Paula Brancati as Jane Vaughn
- Stefan Brogren as Archie Simpson
- Sam Earle as K.C. Guthrie
- Jamie Johnston as Peter Stone
- Shane Kippel as Spinner Mason
- Miriam McDonald as Emma Nelson
- Samantha Munro as Anya MacPherson
- Scott Paterson as Johnny DiMarco
- Aislinn Paul as Clare Edwards
- AJ Saudin as Connor DeLaurier
- Melinda Shankar as Alli Bhandari
- Cassie Steele as Manny Santos
- Evan Williams as Kelly Ashoona
- Natty Zavitz as Bruce
- "Doing Our Part" by The Carrots - Heard during the opening scene.
- "Definitely You" by Tiara - Heard when Sav and Anya sell a rose to K.C.
- "Stop The Lies" by Cancel Winter - Heard during Spinner's conversation with Jay and Holly J. at The Dot.
- "Say Hey!" by Hello Beautiful - Heard when Jimmy surprises Spinner.
- "Caught Up To You" by Chris Colepaugh and The Cosmic Crew - Heard when Holly J. talks with Jane.
- "JJ Blues" by John Johnson - Heard while Spinner and Jay get drunk.
- "Happy Song" by Happy Song - Heard when Spinner tells Holly J. about his plan to win Jane back.