The friendship between Lucy Fernandez and L.D. Delacorte was formed in the second season of Degrassi Junior High.
- They both were members of the Class of 1992, though L.D. left before graduation.
- After L.D. departed, Lucy began making videos to show her what was going on at Degrassi.
- In ...He's Back, L.D. and Derek Wheeler helped Lucy report Mr. Colby.
- Lucy was the first person from Degrassi High School to learn that L.D. had leukemia.
- They were both friends with Alexa Pappadopolos-Dexter, the Farrell twins and Stephanie Kaye.
- Both have been hospitalized: L.D. due to cancer and Lucy due to a car accident.
- Both their names begin with the letter "L".
- They both made their first appearances in Season 1 of Degrassi Junior High: L.D. in Kiss Me, Steph and Lucy in The Big Dance.
- In A New Start, it was revealed that they were both pro-choice.