"I wanna be hot. Not cute, not adorable, HOT!"
|Full Name||Manuella Santos|
|Nickname(s)|| Manny (by everyone)|
Dimples, Doll face, Short Cake (by Jay)
Jane's Friend (by Declan)
Little Miss Happy Face (by Liberty)
Crazy (by Johnny)
Tasty Girl (by Ben)
|Date of Birth||August 15, 1989|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Family|| Joseph Santos (Father)|
Julietta Santos (Mother)
Unnamed Child (with Craig, aborted)
|Relationships|| Jay Hogart (Boyfriend)|
Craig Manning (Ex-Boyfriend)
Spinner Mason (Ex-Boyfriend)
J.T. Yorke (Ex-Boyfriend)
Damian Hayes (Ex-Boyfriend)
Chester Hosada-Bloom (Former Attraction, Kissed)
Sav Bhandari(Former Attraction)
Kelly Ashoona(Former Attraction)
|Affiliation(s)|| Spirit Squad|
Degrassi Hockey Team
Degrassi Girls Gymnastics
|First Episode||Mother and Child Reunion (1) (101)|
|Last Episode||Rest of My Life (4) (923)|
|Reason||Moved to Hollywood to continue working as an actress|
|Portrayed By||Cassie Steele|
She was initially portrayed as bubbly and innocent, if not shy, and was seen as "adorable." However, throughout her early high school years, she prioritized popularity and acknowledgment, resulting in a variety of decisions she soon later regretted.
Her romantic and somewhat promiscuous ways resulted in her sleeping with someone who was in a relationship, thus becoming pregnant and having her reputation plummet, despite ultimately deciding on an abortion.
In the earlier seasons, Manny had noted that she wanted to be a fashion designer, but her dreams later changed to wanting to pursue a career in acting.
She attended Smithdale University and starred in "Mewesical High," a movie and musical about the director, Jason Mewes', life.
Her lifelong best friend is Emma Nelson. Her other best friends are Liberty Van Zandt and Darcy Edwards. She is also very good friends with J.T. Yorke (before his death) and Toby Isaacs. Additional friends of hers include Spinner Mason, Marco Del Rossi, Sean Cameron, Chantay Black, Mia Jones, and Jane Vaughn. She was rivals with Paige Michalchuk, Ellie Nash, Ashley Kerwin, Peter Stone and Holly J. Sinclair, but seems to have made peace with all of them.
In Mother and Child Reunion (1), Manny is introduced in Emma's room with Emma. The two are reading e-mails from the boy Emma likes when Spike tells them to come down so they aren't late to set up for the reunion. Once they get to the school, she, Emma, and J.T. help carry boxes to Mr. Simpson.
The two continue talking about Jordan as they get acquainted with their school and look at old reunion photos.
When the three come across the computer lab, she meets Toby, and runs into the lab to check e-mails with Emma. Manny is anxious that they might get caught, and is surprised when Jordan tells Emma he wants to meet her the next day.
Later on, she and her friends are at the park discussing Emma going to meet Jordan. Manny claims that it's fate that he's coming out there and that she should meet him.
Manny stays the night at Emma's house and tells her that maybe Toby might be right about the danger of meeting Jordan and says that maybe she should speak to her mom about it.
In Mother and Child Reunion (2), Manny asks Emma over the phone if she had made up her mind about seeing Jordan. When Emma says that she isn't going to go, Manny expresses her relief. She asks Emma if she would like to come over, but Emma says she has to watch a documentary. When Manny asks to help, Emma declines, leaving Manny worried.
Manny rushes to Toby's house to meet him with and J.T. and tells them about her worries. She reveals that she had gone to Emma's home and she wasn't there and she called her cell phone and she never answered.
The three try to hack into Emma's e-mail to find the name of the hotel that Emma went to. After a few tries, they finally access her e-mails and discover that Jordan had been hacking her e-mails to provide common interests to write about.
After discovering the name of the hotel, the three run to the reunion to warn Spike of Emma's whereabouts.
The girls found Spinner very persistent and Manny said that fake crying always worked on her older brother.
Manny is the first to know that Emma likes Sean Cameron and is convinced he likes her too. Later, Emma gets mad at Manny and Sean for talking in class when she was trying to study.
Emma was suffering PMS and the next day the two apologized. When Emma's period came, Manny noticed and found her gym shorts that she could wear for the rest of the day.
Manny is the one Emma confides in when she has suspicions about Liberty and Mr. Armstrong's relationship. She was also very supportive of Emma's relationship with Sean and arrives at Ashley Kerwin's out of control party.She begins her trajectory in popularity by joining Paige Michalchuk's Spirit Squad because she has great skills, despite Emma's complaints that it is sexist.
This caused an argument between Paige and Emma, and later one between Manny and Emma. When Manny witnessed Paige and Hazel ripping up Emma's article, she joined in but was angry when Paige made Hazel take all the blame.
Later, Manny stood up to Paige and she kicked her off the squad. She then made up with Emma and she admitted that she was wrong and was just worried Manny would leave her for a more popular group. Manny forgave her and decided to show her worth to Paige, by showing real talent.
After refusing to back down from anyone, she becomes part of the squad and was friendly with all three, but knew that Emma was her real friend.
Season 2As Manny and Emma both entered grade 8, they both fell for a new, sexy student in grade 9, Craig Manning.
When Emma became upset about Spike dating Mr. Simpson, she convinced Manny to sneak into a grade 9 dance with her to meet Craig.
Since Craig had been hitting it off with Emma, everyone thought he would ask her to dance, but instead he asked Manny, and they shared a romantic dance. Emma is happy for Manny, but still hurt since she was in love with him as well.
Manny continued to crush on Craig and worked up the nerve to ask him out. Craig accepted and they went to the carnival. The next day, Manny was head-over-heels and thought they were a couple, since it was so romantic.
However, Craig was put off by how much Manny reminded him of his half sister, Angela and confided what he thought about the whole saga to Spinner (this is believed to be an inside joke by the writers as Angela is portrayed by Cassie Steele's real-life sister, Alex Steele).Craig realized that going out with Manny would be a mistake and wanted to break it off with her. However, Manny said that the date was the best day of her life, so he loses heart.
Manny thinks that he is just moody, and so she decorates his locker in hearts to cheer him up, but he is embarrassed and breaks things off with her harshly telling her that he wasn't happy with her.
This left Manny crushed, though it did not end her obsession with him.
With Spike and Snake's wedding approaching, Manny wonders if Sean still has feelings for Emma and that he implies that he loves her in conversation. Manny decides to play matchmaker, and invites him to the wedding.
When Emma refuses, Manny gives him an invitation quietly but when things become hectic, Manny reveals that he is coming and Emma is even more stressed.
With Emma having told Snake that Spike is considering aborting their child, the two exchange insults about meddling but things cool down when Spike and Snake tie the knot. Later, Emma and Sean dance, rekindling their relationship, so Manny is proven right.
At the wedding, Manny is seen dancing with Craig.Manny also makes the girls' hockey team and congratulates Liberty on becoming the team's manager. However, when Manny says she can't play because she has her period, Liberty is unnecessarily harsh and this causes Manny to quit after she takes her job too seriously. However, Liberty apologizes and the team has to play the boys' team to get sponsored by Joey.
Things eventually worked out well in the end. Manny continued to support Emma when Sean had drinking problems and when she protested GMF in the cafeteria.
Towards the end of the year, Dean (Paige's rapist) begins flirting with Manny, and Paige tries to warn her but she calls her jealous, saying she heard they hooked up a month ago and he never called her back. This is a contributing factor to Paige pressing charges.
Season 3At the beginning of her freshman year, Manny finally started to come into her own. Sully, a popular yet shallow upperclassman soccer player, caught Manny's eye but her attempts at winning him over were in vain.
Manny confided her situation to Paige, who told her that she knew ten other guys she'd be cute with, but she didn't want to be seen this way and she told her to change her image.
Manny thought about what Paige said and eventually took her advice by wearing visible thongs, tight jeans, and skimpy tops, causing her to be ogled by the entire male student body, thus earning her "school slut" reputation. Emma and Liberty did not like her flagrant lack of self respect.
Manny called them jealous and told Emma that she had always supported her, but she would never do the same for her. Emma was also upset that no one paid attention during a SITE meeting, because they were too interested in Manny.
Liberty was disgusted by Manny's thongs and it is implied she told Mr. Radtich, who forbade her from wearing them.From here on, Manny started going commando. J.T also garnered a crush on her, and she seemed to be returning the feeling, but she rejected him when Sully asked her out.
However, trouble began brewing when Craig gave Ashley twelve roses for Valentine's Day, much to romantic and passionate Manny's appreciation and Sully only gave Manny one at the last minute.
Manny brought this up with Sully and he called Craig a "sucker" for being so romantic. She realized Sully was inattentive and only used her for her looks, and dumped him off-screen.
After a big fight between Craig and Ashley at Paige's sixteenth birthday, Manny chased Craig down and consoles him. She asks him to play the love song he wrote for Ashley for her, which leads to them kissing and ultimately having sex, losing their virginities.
Manny becomes emotionally attached to Craig and tells Emma that she had "the best night of her life" with him, but is heartbroken after Craig and Ashley make up in front of her.Even though Craig had really hurt her, Manny continued to chase after him and decided to go to a rave with Emma, hoping he would be there.
Manny encouraged Emma to go for Chris and when she discovered he had a girlfriend, told Emma to do "whatever it takes."
However, Emma could not go through with it. Meanwhile, Manny begun dancing with Craig, who said he had a girlfriend. Manny said she could keep a secret and that she "misses him", referring to the time they had sex.
They go back to Emma's house to hook up again, leaving her stranded. When Emma arrived home, she discovered the pair making out, and kicked Craig out.
Manny confronted Emma over not speaking to her and they get into a huge argument. She said she didn't want to be friends with a "prude princess" and Emma retaliated by calling her the "school slut."
Manny's friendships continued to suffer, but she still kept up her affair with Craig. During Christmas, Manny gave Craig a gift and said she wanted his gift to her to be to break up with Ashley.
This was more of an ultimatum as Manny said if Craig didn't tell Ashley, she would. Craig said he couldn't do that as he loved Ashley.
Later, after a talk with Caitlin Ryan, Craig became confused and thought maybe he loved Manny instead of Ashley and went to the ice arena where Manny was an instructor and told Manny he would break up with Ashley.
But when Craig went to break up with Ashley, he lost heart as she gave him a vintage guitar that had belonged to her grandfather and he realized how much he still loved her. But he later lied to Manny and told her he had broken up with Ashley.
Later, Ashley notices Manny wearing a bracelet that she had thought was for her, and realizes that Craig was cheating on her. Manny also realized his lies. Ashley broke up with him on stage in front of a large audience, and Manny followed suit.
He accused her of telling Ashley, and she said she didn't. She tells Craig that he was stupid and didn't think either of them (her or Ashley) would find out about his cheating. She drops the bracelet he had given her on the floor and walks away, strongly implying they've broken up.In Accidents Will Happen, a nasty flu spreads through Degrassi.
Manny seemed to be coming down with it, but when she missed her period, she realized she may be 14 and pregnant. She confided in Spike, who was also a teen mother at her age, and told her to do what was right for her.
However, Manny also confided in Paige, who mentioned it to her old friend, Ashley. Emma and Craig were both supportive of her, but Craig's fantasies of finally having a family unsettled her and she realized she wasn't ready to have a child.
Manny was also upset by Ashley discovering her baby name book and announcing the pregnancy to the entire school, ruining her reputation.
She was afraid that she would be sent to a convent in the Phlippines, like her cousin, but her mother was supportive and drove her to the abortion clinic.
Emma was angry though and Craig (who'd she had rekindled things with briefly) flew off the handle, his dreams of a family shattered.
However, Emma defended Manny, although she disagreed, as she was still her friend.
Manny finished the year, depressed and seemingly anti-social, but she did grow closer to J.T.. J.T. tries to impress her by appearing in a commercial for fries and convinces her to come to his celebration party for it, saying that he wouldn't let anyone say bad things about her. When J.T. was teased about the commercial, Manny comforted him.
At the end of the year, Liberty encouraged J.T. to ask Manny to the formal but he was disheartened when he saw her talking to Craig.
Eventually, Manny corrected him and accepted the date. They attended the dance together and became a couple.
Following the previous year, Manny seems to have matured greatly, likely due to the aftermath of her pregnancy and abortion.
Her and J.T. are still going strong and to celebrate the beginning of a new school year (and to help Liberty move on after an unfortunate incident with Chris and Emma), Liberty invites J.T., Toby, and Manny over to party in her jacuzzi.
While sipping drinks, Danny, Liberty's younger brother, pantses J.T. in front of Manny and he feels insecure about his penis size.
When school starts, he is upset when he sees Manny chatting with Craig during lunch. She soon says she is tired of J.T. always joking around, which leads to Liberty suggesting a break up.
The night that Manny thinks about breaking up with J.T., he decides he wants to have sex with her. Manny leaves the room to summon the courage to break up with him, and when she walks him, she sees him using a penis pump.
Although their break up is difficult, later on in the year, they become friends again.Manny's relationship with Emma was also strained. Manny is shocked and appalled that Emma would steal Chris away from his flirtation with Liberty just, so she wasn't succeeded by "unpopular" Liberty.
When Emma contracted gonorrhea from performing oral sex on Jay, who was dating Alex at the time, she confronted her, leading to a fight. Manny also informs Nate, whom Emma was to share a kiss with in the school play, of Emma's situation, so that he wouldn't contract the disease.
Manny's friendship with Toby grew, as she comforted him in the aftermath of the shooting and patched up things between him and J.T. She even danced with him, but this may have been to make up for some of her poor behavior.
Later, Manny and Spinner connect at a Spirit Squad car wash. They begin to flirt with each other, angering Paige.
Spinner's treatment of Paige increasingly grew worse, and after a fight between him and Craig over Manny, Paige dumps him, leading him to begin to date Manny unofficially.
Manny and Spinner are very close, and she briefly played the tambourine in his band, Downtown Sasquatch, to help him out. She is hesitant to make their relationship official, after what happened with Craig.
When Craig returns to school after being treated for bipolar disorder, he tells Manny that she was his biggest mistake, and the previous year never should have happened, which greatly upsets her. When Spinner couldn't take the night off work to go to the Cupid's Dance with her, she breaks up with him out of insecurity.Manny is haunted by her abortion, and she begins to flirt with Chester, Emma's new neighbor. Marco tries to tell her that Spinner was perfect for her, but she chooses to not listen to him.
When things went nowhere with Chester, Manny realizes she was the one who couldn't commit to a relationship with Spinner.
She reconciles with him, making him promise not to hurt her. They become official, but did not last long, as she dumps him after learning of his involvement in the school shooting.
After the gonorrhea incident, Manny and Emma become friends again, and she defended her against Chester. Manny, along with her new friends, Darcy and Chantay, holds a girls' night at Emma's to have some girl time and forget about boys. However, it is ruined by Chester and his brothers, who call Emma a ho and give her a wet top.
Though the three other girls all had a crush on Chester, they all lose interest in him after this and play a prank on him by decorating his house in tampons. They were caught by the police, but no charges were pressed and Chester apologized.With her personal life a mess, Manny focuses on Spirit Squad, but tensions arose between her and Paige, as Manny had been the catalyst in Spinner and Paige's break up.
When Paige begins to date student teacher, Matt Oleander, Manny finds out, but didn't tell anyone and essentially ran the squad, with Paige taking all the credit. She supports Emma during her disenchantment with boys during this period.
When Paige and Manny get into a verbal and physical fight after Manny told Hazel, Manny angrily screams out the affair, which gets Matt fired.
Paige gets jealous that the girls prefer Manny over Paige and makes her the school mascot.
Manny, seeking revenge, conspires with Darcy and Chantay to purposely drop Paige in a cheer routine, in front of the entire school, thus breaking her leg.
Paige retaliates by stripping off Manny's prom dress (the same one Paige wore) when Manny becomes Prom Queen. The two make up in the locker room after a heated argument and end their rivalry.
After the prom incident, Kevin Smith decides to film the movie, Jay and Silent Bob Go Canadian, Eh? at Degrassi. Over the summer then, Manny plays role in it, which started her acting career, leading Manny to become interested in acting.
Season 5Manny is now a junior in high school and drama is ripe. She is pursuing a new goal of becoming an actress, battling bad decisions and exploring old relationships.
Her agent told her that to get roles, she would have to "dump the lumps."
Manny makes a deposit on her credit card for plastic surgery, but her insulting and abrasive father finds out and calls her a "loose girl" and a "slut."
Manny stormed out and ran off to a party that Peter Stone, whom Emma had a crush on, was holding.
After a couple of blonde girls teased her about her weight, Manny got drunk on vodka and ended up upstairs with Peter. They had words, and Peter thought they were going to make out.
To show him that she wasn't interested without hurting him, Manny asked Peter to take out his camera as she said, "I'm going to be an actress, an Academy Award winning actress, and you can sell this for a million dollars, 'cause I'm gonna be famous!" as she exposed herself for his camera.
They smiled, but the worst wasn't over. After sneaking into Emma's basement drunkenly that night, she woke up Emma.
She told Peter the next day to erase the video as it would ruin her reputation. Peter said that if she went out with him he would, but Manny didn't believe him.
Whilst the boys were in the gym, Manny snuck off to the boys' locker room, looking for the camera, when Peter came in and they got into a fight.
Peter said that she had to buy him a new camera, or he would send it to everybody and played it to an angry Manny.
The next day, the desperate Manny tells Peter that she would go out with him, but he declined and said that that offer had already expired and sent it to the whole school.
Manny is kicked off the Spirit Squad, Emma is mad at her and everyone watched the video. She also talks with her parents (mostly her dad) and is kicked out of her home too.
Manny explains the situation to Emma, who offers her full support and lets her move in.
She does get some vindication in the end when Peter gets into trouble with the school officials, and his mother/principal for distributing pornography on school grounds.Later in the season, Craig, who had earlier been dumped by Ashley, invites Manny to perform with his band, Downtown Sasquatch, at a wedding gig and she accepted.
She still had feelings for Craig, however,and is very annoyed that Craig is very close with Ellie Nash. However, the following day, Craig seems to feel sorry for everything that had happened between them, so they began to date.
Throughout her relationship with Craig, Manny appears to be very insecure about Ellie, because she is Craig's best friend and Craig appears to be more interested in Ellie. He ignores Manny's phone calls to spend more time with Ellie.
Later on, Craig gets the opportunity to jump start his musical career and at the urging of Ellie, he leaves school and goes off to Vancouver, however, as he leaves for Vancouver, Manny and Craig agree to keep a long-distance relationship.
Manny is also supportive when Liberty becomes pregnant with J.T's child and when he later begins work on a kids' show.
Manny decides to set up Emma with Derek, but they are too different. Emma also conspires to get revenge on Peter with Manny, but their plans fall through as Emma sympathizes with Peter and they begin dating in secret.
When Snake has a non-sexual affair with Ms. Hatzilakos, Spike kicks him out and both Manny and Emma try to cheer her up and reunite the pair.
When Manny has to lose weight for an upcoming audition, Emma saw this as a way to seize control of her life and put them both on strict diets.
These diets became unhealthyvwith neither girl eating and if they did, they purged whilst over-exercising. Manny wants to stop their dieting, butEmma insists they continue, so she does secretly.
They got into an argument and Emma reveals her relationship with Peter, leaving both girls mad and upset with each other.
Manny and Peter team up to tell a Snake and Spike and stage an intervention for Emma. Emma is furious and goes into the basement and she starts throwing Manny's stuff out.
Manny tells her to stop, but Emma falls on to her bed and has a starvation-induced panic attack.
Manny is seen in hospital with Emma and tearfully tells her to stop or she's going to die and Emma says that she'll try to beat this. Emma had developed anorexia and possibly bulimia.
In the two parter season finale, Craig returns and Manny is happy that he is back. Darcy Edwards, Spinner's new girlfriend, is jealous that Manny slept with Spinner and they get into a fight at play rehearsal.
When Darcy calls her a "slut," Manny pulls at her hair and they get into a cat fight, which ends with Spinner trying to break it up.
Peter films Manny during the play to help her with any upcoming auditions.
Season 6Season 6 begins with Manny trying to keep Emma from relapsing into her anorexia and supporting her when she has romantic feelings for both Peter and Sean. Manny also begins shedding her old reputation and becomes very popular.
After the nasty cat fight between her and Darcy, the latter apologizes and invites her back to the squad as co-captain and choreographer. Manny accepts.
At Spirit Squad auditions, no one is very talented until Mia Jones comes along and she blows them away, however when she is revealed to a be a teen mother, Darcy is judgmental towards her and doesn't let her on the squad. Manny is disgruntled and gives Mia a uniform, bringing her to the big pep rally.
After a confrontation, Degrassi and Lakehurst get into a fight, with Manny and Toby trying to break it up. Mia quits and Manny would've too, but Mia convinced her to stay.Also, Peter joins the Spirit Squad and Manny doesn't hate him as much anymore until Peter and Darcy post "sexy" photos on MyRoom and the latter gets a cyber stalker.
Craig returns to Toronto and Manny notices that he is not the same Craig and discovers that he is using cocaine.
Manny decided to stay with Craig and began to use cocaine with him for a "little boost". However, Manny can't take his new addiction and when he is asked to choose between her and the drugs, he chooses the drugs. Later, she says that she is ruining the best one or two days of his life.
So Manny dumps him with these words, "I'm ruining the best one or two days of your life. I'm dumping your ass, Craig. Goodbye" as Craig continues to do the cocaine.Meanwhile, Ellie sticks by Craig who told her the cocaine was Manny's. Ellie later realizes that the coke really belongs to Craig and that he has a problem. She tries to get him into group therapy, and he almost does attend.
Manny also threatens to tell Joey because she knows he needs help. Craig tells Ellie he loves her but asks her not to tell Joey, and she pushes him away because she feels manipulated.
Later, Craig overdoses on the cocaine while playing with Taking Back Sunday and he agrees to go to rehab in Calgary.To get over her break up with Craig, Manny uses Liberty's birthday as excuse to throw a party at Emma's house. Liberty is reluctant, so Manny gives her a makeover and sets her up with Damien, from Lakehurst, but neither are interested in each other.
At first only a few people were meant to come, but soon it got out of control and gatecrashers arrived, even rival school students Lakehurst.
Ellie approaches Manny and apologizes for what happened with Craig, signifying a truce. Manny begins dancing with Damien and he tries kissing her, but Manny is uncomfortable as she's only just met him and so she only dances with him, slowly going into a relationship this time.
Later that night, Liberty finds J.T. stabbed on the street and in serious condition. Upon hearing this, everyone goes to the hospital to get him help. Manny blames herself for having the party and Sean comforts her. When they are notified of his death, Manny breaks down worse than anyone.After his death, Manny attends his funeral and memorial. Toby confides in her that J.T. loved Liberty at the time of his death, not current girlfriend, Mia and Manny tells him to keep it a secret. However, he doesn't and kisses Liberty, which Manny calls him an idiot for. But at the end of the episode, all the people that J.T. loved are on good terms.
After the murder of J.T., Manny's parents reconcile with her as they realized life was too short to have a grudge against their own daughter.
This leaves Emma feeling abandoned. Also, Manny was dating Damien and on a double date with the two and Emma and Sean, they insulted the two and the whole school objected her dating someone from a rival school.
During a cheerleading competition, Emma started screaming, "Go Home Lakehurst" along with the rest of Degrassi. The two schools got into a huge fight, with Damien offending Emma.
Afterward, Manny broke up with Damien and reconciled with Emma and her other friends.
Manny returns with blonde hair for her second semester of her senior year in Degrassi. She soon learns that Peter and Darcy were now together in a relationship and gives her blessing in letting her know that she is fine with the fact that her friend is dating one of her past enemies.
When Manny convinces Darcy to go on a snowboarding trip with her, Darcy invites Peter. While at the resort, Jane tells Darcy and Manny about a party that is going on and they decide to go.
After Darcy insults Manny, by telling her that she has no morals or self-respect, she leaves Darcy at the party where she gets raped. Manny, thinking that her and Peter willingly had sex, tells Darcy that every girl is entitled to a secret.
However, word soon spreads through the school and the Friendship Club find out, taking Darcy's abstinence ring away.After a bit, Darcy tells Manny that she did not have sex with Peter, but that it was rape, and that she has chlamydia.
Manny then tells Darcy she has to tell somebody, but also offers her comfort and support.
One day during Spirit Squad practice, Manny notices Darcy isn't there. She decides to check the showers for her and finds Darcy fully clothed in the shower with her wrist cut open.
Manny grabs a towel and tells Darcy to put pressure on it while she dials 911.
At the hospital, Peter and Manny talk about how Peter wants to tell Darcy's parents, but Manny tells him not to because rape victims need to heal at their own pace.
When Darcy's mother comes up to her and asks why her perfect daughter would try to kill herself, Manny keeps it a secret, knowing that Darcy needs to tell them in her own time.
She and Peter get Darcy's abstinence ring back for her and Manny tells her that her rape did not count as sex.
Manny is turning 18 and her parents are throwing her a traditional Filipino party to celebrate her becoming an adult.
Manny is angry that her parents, especially her father Joseph, won't let her make her own choices, such as pursuing a career in acting.
When she accidentally causes some minor damage to her father's car (only the passenger's side headlight), she goes to Jay for help, and he comes through.
With that, she enlists Jay's help in trying to make her parents call off the party. This backfires when Manny's parents love Jay despite the fact that he was expelled from school and is two years older than Manny.
This is because Jay is doing well as a mechanic, and his boss is teaching him to run a business.
At her debut, she decides to prove to her parents she is a good actress and pretends that she and Jay are dating and that she is going to become a maid instead of going to University.
Her father gets mad at her, but Manny tells him she was acting which makes him realize she has a gift and decides to let her become an actress, but insists that she pursue an education.
They both compromise when she proposes going on to college with a major in Theater but keeping science as a minor. Manny is happy and the episode ends with her and her father dancing. Her mother winds up dancing with Jay.
Interestingly enough, Manny never said anything about her relationship with Jay being an act.After beginning a relationship with Manny, Jay kisses Manny in front of her door after a date and her father catches them. As an excuse, Manny tells her father they were celebrating their engagement.
The next day, Jay gives her a fake diamond ring, as if it were her engagement ring.
Jay helps Manny for an upcoming audition at Smithdale, but after a fight, he gives her a DVD of them having sex instead.
When Manny realizes Jay switched the tapes, she tries to audition without it, but she stumbles when she sees Jay sitting in the back row of the auditorium, causing her to not get accepted into the university.
She then tells Jay the ring and the fake engagement means nothing to her and throws the ring on the floor.
Soon after she is given another chance and is accepted into the university. She then suggests to Jay that they give the engagement another shot "for real" when she is told of everything Jay did in order to help her get another chance.
They meet up at a Purple Dragon concert, where Craig played. Manny seemed to have realized her relationship with Craig had been a 'puppy love', since Craig only took her as a 'substitute' every time Ashley left.
When Manny decides she wants to meet Jay's parents, he tells her that his parents had been deported to Malta and that since he was born in Canada, he decided to stay behind.
Manny then realizes that Jay is taking their engagement seriously upon learning that her ring has a real diamond.
At a school dance, Manny shows Jay tickets to Malta and tells him she really wants to meet his parents, until she finds out Jay lied about his parents living there.
They start to argue and Manny wonders why he lied. Jay then discovers Manny doesn't have her ring on and he realizes she sold the ring to get plane tickets for Malta. He then tells Manny the ring was really special to him because it belonged to his mother, who died when he was little.The day after, they run into each other while attempting to call the other.
They decide to tell each other the truth, so Jay confesses the truth to Manny about what happened with his parents.
After his dad got with a third wife, Jay felt like he chose her over him, so he made a scene at his dad's wedding and then lost touch. Manny and Jay decide they would always be honest with each other and reconcile.
While Jay is upset with Manny for selling his mother's ring, Manny attends an auction to try to sell the Malta tickets, but they end up buying them back.
After Jay and Manny have a fight, Jay breaks into the pawn shop and steals back the ring. He then gives it to Manny the following day.
While Manny is happy about this, she later learns that Jay stole the ring from the pawn shop. She later confronts Jay about this and after an argument and the exchange of the harsh words, the couple separates.
Near graduation Manny receives a call from her agent offering her to play a starring role in West Drive. Excited to finally have a chance in stardom she accepts the role.
After realizing that the time of the shooting will take at least 6 months, conflicting with her school time, she is forced to choose whether to pursue the role or start school.
After a few encouraging words from her father knowing she'll make the right decision, Manny tears up her contract with Emma and is able to go to Smithdale after all.
After hearing that Liberty and Damien hook up during Senior Prom, Manny tells Liberty off. When Toby finds out, everyone shortly leaves Liberty friendless until she delivered her valedictorian speech.
Manny's speech reminded everyone the importance of friendship and how all these years meant to her, making her reconcile with her friends.
Season 8Manny ends up sharing a dorm with Liberty Van Zandt, Emma Nelson, and a guy named Kelly Ashoona at Smithdale University. Manny is involved in theater arts and is now seen doing a lot of yoga.
In Uptown Girl (1), the girls arrive at Smithdale and Liberty and Manny are unloading boxes as Emma says good-bye to her mom and Snake.
The three of them excitedly walk inside. However, Emma is horrified when she finds out that she and Manny are not rooming together.
Later, Manny happily starts participating in Frosh Week games when Emma comes up to her to tell her some news. Manny introduces her to Gwen, her roommate, but Emma ignores her.
It gets awkward when Emma announces that she’s “fixed” the mistake, she and Manny are roommates now.
When Liberty arrives, Emma lets her know that she and Manny are her new roommates, along with a girl named Kelly.
Liberty and Manny are unhappy and unenthusiastic about it because they were already having fun meeting new people. A guy walks in with his stuff and introduces himself as Kelly.
Realizing that nobody is happy, Emma says she will sort everything out. Kelly answers that this was the last room available. They admit to the fact that they're stuck together.
Later that day, Kelly absentmindedly walks in the room while Liberty is changing. He hides from embarrassment while Manny covers Liberty with a towel.Emma shows up with breakfast for everyone, but is left alone because they already had plans.
Feeling lonely, Emma is calling home when Kelly walks in. She tells him that she plans on going home until Frosh Week is over because she can’t make new friends.
Kelly tells her he came from the Yukon without knowing anyone, and grabs his water gun. He invites Emma along to the beach battle.
At the water fight, Emma is glad Kelly invited her. They spot Manny and Liberty and ambush them. Manny and Liberty apologize for not wanting to room with her. Emma accepts their apology, and then mentions she has plans with a few people she met.
In Didn't We Almost Have It All, Manny and her friends Emma and Kelly try to tell Liberty that the sorority isn't good and that she is trying to hard for something that isn't worth it. Liberty ignores them and streaks.
When Liberty wakes up, she's in the hospital because she was getting her stomach pumped. Manny, Emma, and Kelly are the ones who took her to the hospital. Later on, they buy Liberty green tea to let her know they're there for her.
In With or Without You, Manny and Emma both set there sights on their "single" roommate, Kelly. While in class, Manny and Emma notice that Kelly's smart, and that they might like him to be their partner for their self knowing project.
When they both ask if he wants to be their partner he declines because he tells them he's with Liberty. Manny and Emma are left as partners, even though they're best friends and they already know everything about each other.
While working on the project, they discover that they both like Kelly. Emma decides to go for him, but Manny wants to go for him too.
Manny complains that Emma always likes the guys she does, but Emma thinks that they shouldn't do this again.
But without containing themselves they rush to see who Kelly likes out of the both of them, and when they open the sock cover handle to their room, they see Kelly in bed with Gwenyth, he asks if they didn't see the sock on the door, and they leave. They both look at each other and laugh as they close the door.
Later on, after finishing up their project, they confront Kelly in the kitchen. They explain everything, and he tells them that he's not dating Gwenyth. But, he decides to make a rule that they shouldn't date because their roommates. Manny and Emma agree to this, and they agree to stop falling for him.
But Emma asks if the rule wasn't existing, would he date any of them, he tells them maybe one of them, and leaves for the library.
Emma and Manny look at each other and ask themselves which one, but they then decide that they cannot go that far, and decide to drop it then and there.
In Lost in Love, Manny is seen doing yoga and telling Kelly that he should really choose between Gweneth and Emma because Emma knew about them kissing and went home to mourn.
Also, when Jay comes by to help Spinner win Jane back, he holds a picture of Manny up claiming she wont answer his calls and he loves her.
In Touch of Grey, Emma is tired of being referred to then as Kelly's girlfriend and Blonde Emma and she's not even blonde anymore! She died her hair brown so people wouldn't call her Blonde Emma.
Determined to create a distinct university identity, Emma borrows some pot that was gifted to Kelly and smokes it up with Becca and Gwenyth. This is a success.
The girls think Emma is hilarious, so hilarious that they are willing to give her a new nickname, "Blaze."
Emma wants to uphold her new stoner and shares pot brownies with everyone at the Floorlympics.
Manny and Liberty feel something is up and when they feel Emma is up to something they begin to worry, about their college reputation, and her.
In Degrassi Goes Hollywood Manny is currently studying theater at Smithdale University.
In the beginning of the movie, she is seen practicing her acting in front of her class.
Her professor, Mick tells her that she needs to work better. After, class they then tell us they're dating because they're kissing in the back.
A little while after, Manny gets the opportunity to go to L.A for Jason Mewes movie.
When Manny auditions at Degrassi, they didn't like it too much. She becomes depressed and all she wants to do is cry and mope around with Emma and Kelly.
Worst of all she thought that her boyfriend Mick would be there for her and when he visits, he just starts to trash her and tell her how she is a nonsense and a horrible actress. Manny starts to cry and they break up.
After, Emma tells her to stop moping and go to L.A. But, Manny would not because Jay is driving the bus with the Stüdz.
Meanwhile, Paige gets the part and when Manny finds out she decides she should go to L.A. She hates the fact that Jay is driving the bus but she wants to go.
While on there way to L.A they stop at a club to eat. Jay and the band makes Manny sing "Crash My Party" on stage.At first, Manny didn't want to do it but out of nowhere everyone was dancing and having a good time. When they leave, they notice that the bus is missing. Manny is worried that her dream will be crushed so she starts to walk to L.A.
After, a while of walking they find the bus broken down. Mia uses her knowledge of mechanics to make the bus run until they get to L.A.
They then make it successfully to L.A. But, suddenly stop and get out of the bus when Sav sees Ben Afleck. They run up and see that Paige is getting out of the limo and falls.Manny is shocked to see Paige and helps her.
When they go back to the mansion, Paige tells Manny that she did a good thing and that surprisingly she is happy to see her. Manny replies about how she wants to be an actress and she blew her goal to star in Mewesical High.
Paige then helps her out by making Manny and the Stüdz sing "Life Is A Show" and let Jason Mewes watch threw the window.
Mewes yells to her that she is his "Trixie." Manny gets excited and starts squealing.
Later on, Manny practices the song "Saturday Night" with Michael Mewes. In the last scene she stays in L.A with Paige, Mia, and The Stüdz.
When Jay is about to leave, Manny kisses him, signifying that they are together again. Jay then drives off with the bus and she waves goodbye.
Manny has taken a break from college after gaining a boost of fame for starring in Mewesical High. She has relocated to Hollywood so that she can continue to make a splash on the big screen.
In Close To Me, Manny is seen at The Dot with Jay, Jane, and Spinner. Jane and Manny became friends through Facebook because they had a lot of mutual friends and comment stalkers blocked.
Jay starts to joke around with Manny and Jane telling them that they are lovey dovey and that they should kiss. She lightly taps Jay on the head, like a love tap.She is seen walking Jane then to school and always teasing her about her friendship with Declan.
She goes to Spinner's housewarming party and when she sees Declan flirting with Jane, she seems to encourage Jane to pursue Declan.At the party, Manny and Jay are seen together kissing and cuddling which implies they are still in a relationship.
All through the episode Manny gives boy advice to Jane, and some of the advice she gives are the reasons why Jane cheated on Spinner with Declan.
Manny gives Jane advice about breaking up with Spinner, but Jane chickens out at the last minute and stays with Spinner. Manny and Jay appear later on in the season.
In Holiday Road, Emma reveals that Manny went back to Hollywood.
This makes Emma upset since Manny is her best friend and she can't hang with her for a few months when she is in Hollywood. Emma also mentions that Liberty has joined a sorority and barely has time for anyone.
In Degrassi Takes Manhattan, Back in Toronto, Manny is back in town with her boyfriend Jay. She first comes into scene by surprising her best friend Emma at the Dot, who has just got a new job there.
Excited to be home from Hollywood, for a fun filled summer with her bestie and her boy, Manny is completely revved up with energy.
Jay asks Emma for a Spin-witch, Spinner's famous self entitled sandwich, Manny asks for one as well. Emma is nervous because Spinner told her not to use the sandwich griller until he got back.
Putting matters into their own hands, Emma makes a sandwich for Manny and Jay, not noticing that the sandwich griller was sizzling.
Moments later the fire alarm goes off and it begins to flame, everyone makes it out in time to see the Dot explode before their eyes. It is sad because it's the neighborly hangout and nobody wants to see it burn.
Spinner comes in time to see what is going on, depressed about breaking it off with Jane, and now even more about the Dot burning down.
The next few days pass and Spinner is putting all of Jane's things into boxes, and is being depressed and mopey.
Then, all of a sudden, Manny, Jay, and Emma break into his apartment, and pretty much kidnap him. He wants to know where he is going, but they insist that it's a surprise and they want him to cheer up. The guys take Spin to Niagra Falls, to gamble and have a fun time.
Manny and Jay's intentions are to get their friends Emma and Spinner together, so they leave them to be at the casino tables.
A few moments later, Jay is worried that they should go stay and hang with them, but Manny tells him that they should leave them to be.
The next morning, Manny knocks on Spinner's door to wake him up to go get breakfast with everyone and she notices that Spinner is half-naked & Emma in a veil.
Manny feels this is awkward and she asks Emma if that's a veil she's wearing on her head.Spinner and Emma tell them that they woke up and to find a wedding picture, and to see a ring on her hand.
Manny and Jay tell them to get dressed and come downstairs to see if they can get a refund on the ring and veil, and to see if they can get "divorced."
They get dressed and they all go down to the casino again and confront the crazy lady that married them.
Manny, a little frightened of the lady clutching onto Jay, asks if they can get a refund. The lady tells them "no", and tells them that they got a good price, $2,000 for the ring, and over $500 for the dress, which was the money winnings Emma and Spinner won from playing.
The day they get back, Manny and Jay go to Spin's apartment for a brief few minutes, to ask him if they want them to get find them a divorce lawyer.
A day or two later, they're home and Emma has Manny over her house. She tells Manny that her and Spinner are actually in love, and that they want to get married.
Manny tells her that if she's actually sure about this she better talk to him one more time, she does so, and comes home upset, crying to Manny that he said, "if they ever get divorced," or something in that sense.
Emma is upset and Manny stays and helps cook dinner when Spike & Snake got home from camping.
Spinner runs in a few moments later with a bouquet, and tells what's happening to Spike and Snake. Manny finds him cute, and that if Emma doesn't marry him then she will.
At Emma's wedding, Manny is prepping and getting ready, and she goes to say some words to Spinner, and sees Jane kissing him goodbye and thinks more of it. She then gets into an all out fist fight with Jane.
Manny pins Jane up to the wall and Jane punches Manny. As they continue to fight Jane tries to tackle Manny but Manny flips Jane over and hops on top of her.
Manny chokes and punches Jane in the face multiple times. Spinner is surprised, and helps Jane by picking up Manny and holding her back.
When Jane stands up (red and sobby), he tells her that Jane is there to just say goodbye. Manny is okay with that, and straightens herself up and asks if she looks good. She then leaves for the wedding ceremony.
She watches Jay marry them, and she is happy to see her best friend, Emma get married. She is also surprised to see Liberty.
At the party after wards, the movie ends when Manny sings her song written for the wedding, "I Trust You", and the band The Studs plays in the background.
AppearanceIn Season 1 and Season 2 Manny had a sweet/cute look. She wore the casual sneakers and jeans but they protrayed her a bit more childish than others. In Season 3 after taking Paige's advice Manny changed her looks to a more of both sexy and slutty. She started showing her shoulders and her stomach. She did this mostly to impress Sully but kept with it even after their break-up. Along with her dress Manny's attitude changed also. At this time Manny had all the guys attention. Later down in the seasons Manny's slutty style had toned down leaving a mature but simple look. Towards the end of her appearance Manny had a simple style of dressing.
Unlike her style of dressing, Manny's hairstyles didnt change drastically in the seasons. Her hair was usually long and black up until Season 5 when it was shoulder length, and was black and brown.
It grew out in Season 6 back to its long stage, but with bangs and was still brown. In Season 7 her hair color had change to a mustard-blonde for the first half along with bangs, but by the end of the season, it was back to brown with blonde streaks. In Season 8 and 9 her hair was black once again but she kept the bangs.
- Manny appeared in 128 episodes.
- Manny is the first new character introduced in Degrassi: The Next Generation.
- Manny was born in the Philippines.
- Manny, along with Emma and Spinner are the three characters who remained on the show as regulars until Season 9.
- Although credited as a regular in Season 9, she only appeared in one episode and Degrassi Takes Manhattan.
- Manny has gotten into the most physical fights out of all of Degrassi's female characters.
- Alli and Manny have lost their virginity at the second youngest age so far (onscreen).
- Manny and Emma have had the most relationships out of any female character in Degrassi: The Next Generation.
- Manny is presumed to have slept with the most guys out of any other female character, sleeping with Craig, Spinner, Jay, and Mick.
- Manny, Trish, Mia, and Chantay are characters that have been Power Squad captains and not been seen as a queen bee.
- Manny is the first character in The Next Generation to have an abortion. As for the whole Degrassi franchise, she is the third (Erica Farrell being the first and Tessa Campanelli being second).
- Manny and Emma have been in a relationship with Jay, Spinner and Damian.
- Manny and Liberty have been in a relationship with J.T.
- Manny and Damian had the shortest relationship, which ended in 45 minutes.
- Manny reveals she has a brother in Family Politics, but he was never seen.
- Manny's birthday is August 15, as claimed in the season 1 episode Coming of Age. However, she had her 18th birthday debut in the season 7 episode We Got the Beat, which was around February of the season 6-7 school year.
- Manny is one of seven girls to reveal herself on camera:
- She was naked in front of Peter Stone while intoxicated.
- Darcy sent racy photos to Adams and posted them online.
- Emma took off her dress at a Purple Dragon meeting.
- Liberty was streaking.
- Alli took pictures of her breasts and sent them to then-boyfriend Johnny DiMarco.
- Bianca had racy photos sent to the entire school.
- Clare made pictures of her breasts to put them on Asher's computer.
- Manny is one of eight characters that have dealt with an eating disorder or negative body image (she had ednos). The other seven are Kathleen, Terri, Katie, Emma, Toby, Jenna and Tristan.
- Manny's catchphrase was "cuckoo bananas".
- Craig said that he couldn't kiss Manny because she reminded him of his half sister Angela. This is because the actress who plays Angela (Alex Steele) is Cassie Steele's real life sister.
- Many characters gave their first or last line to Manny. (Emma, Spinner, Paige, Mia, Sav, Jane, and Anya)
- Manny has been called a slut three times, first by Emma, second by her dad, third by Darcy.
- Manny, Katie, Jane, and Marco all have nose piercings.
- Manny and Grace has a lip piercing.
- Manny has saved Darcy from suicide twice.
- It was revealed in a mini that the Manny is least attracted to Danny Van Zandt at Degrassi.
- Manny was the first of the original cast to lose her virginity willingly on the show.
- Manny was the second character to be in a relationship with a teacher. The first was Paige, the third was Sav, and the fourth is Tristan.
- Manny is the second longest running Spirit Squad member. She was a member for 6 seasons. She had the most postions on Spirit Squad.
- Manny is the first character to move in with a friend and their parents. The second is Jenna Middleton.
- Manny was one of six characters to be followed into their freshman year of college as a regular. The other five were Liberty, Paige, Ellie, Marco and Emma.
- Although she disliked Ellie, in Together Forever, she is happy that Craig stood up for Ellie.
- Manny was the first character to bring a boyfriend to her household in order to spite her parents. The second was Clare.
- Manny was the second character to feel self-concious about her breast size. The other two being Maya and Melanie.
- Manny was the first character forced to wear the mascot costume by the captain of the squad. The second was Tori Santamaria.
- Manny was mentioned in a Venture Brothers episode.
- Manny was the first character to have an interest in plastic surgery.
- Manny lost her virginity to Craig in Season 3.
- Manny was one of the girls Craig wrote a song about. The other two are Ellie Nash and Ashley Kerwin.
- Manny is the fourth female of eight to go through teen pregnancy. The others were Spike, Erica, Tessa, Liberty, Mia, Jenna and Vanessa.
- It is unknown who gave her the nickname, Manny. Although it is assumed it is Emma.
- Manny is second character who was kicked out of the house and went to live with a friend. She was kicked out of her house by her father and moved in with Emma. Wheels was the first. He was kicked out of his home by his Grandma and went to move with Joey. The third was Zig who was kicked out of his home by his parents and went to move in with Maya.
- Manny is the fourth character to save someone from a suicide attempt. The others were Sean, Tyler, Jay, Craig, Marco, and Fiona.
- Manny graduated a year before her portrayer.
- Manny shares strong similarities to future characters Alli Bhandari, Tori Santamaria, and Maya Matlin.
- "Again? I've read it 6 times!" (first line to Emma in Mother and Child Reunion (1))
- "I trust you..." (final line; in The Rest of My Life (4))
- "Cuckoo Bananas" (famous catch phrase)
- "Is... Is that a veil?"
- "I wanna be hot. Not cute, not adorable, hot."
- "Are you cuckoo bananas?"
- "This is beyond cuckoo bananas."
- "Calm down, cuckoo bananas!"
- (To Emma): "Do you see any underwear? No... because I'm not wearing any."
- "Em said you needed fun, so fun it is, like it or not."
- (To Emma): "I don't want to be friends with a stuck-up, prude princess."
- "Male strippers dropping it like it’s hot? Oh yeah, oh yeah."
- (To a rotating pizza) "Stop saying my name! ... Manny... Manny... Manny."
- "NO ONE IS GOING TO RUIN EMMA'S WEDDING!' (fighting with Jane)
- "One last thing. Do not talk about the environment. The environment is not sexy. Do NOT talk about it."
- "Go Emma! You got your period! You're not pregnant! We're going dancing!"'
- "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry, but if you don't marry him, I will."
- "It tastes like... happy." (to Emma about chocolate)
- (To Emma after seeing Craig walk by) "Is that the sound of your heart pounding? No wait... it's mine."
- "I'm gonna go say hi to Sean's biceps."
- "I'm not eating paper no matter how much calories it will burn."
- (Drunk, and about to expose herself for Peter's camera in Venus (1)): "I'm going to be an actress, like, academy award winning. And you can sell this for a million dollars 'cause I'm going to be FAMOUS!"
- "Good for you Peter, learning to read is very important."
- (To Toby): "Are you cuckoo bananas?"
- "Hey Mr. Pedophile, I mean Oleander, don't make your girlfriend Paige even more jealous of me!"
- "Every girl is entitled to a secret...or two...three."
- (To Darcy): "You are the LAST person to EVER call me that!"
- (To Jay): "This fake diamond for our fake engagement, you know it means nothing!"
- (To Darcy): "When my new manicure meets your face, then you'll be sorry!"
- Toby: "Damien and Liberty fooled around and now he's bragging about it!"
Manny: "Oh snap..."
- "You're supposed to lift him, and this time, try not to tickle him?"
- "Aww! Best girlfriends forever!...... and Toby."
- "Im not a loose girl."
- "Im ruining the best one or two days of your life. I'm dumping your ass Craig. Goodbye."
- "What the hell are you doing here?"- to Jane
- "Emma said she would die if she didn't get her hands on you." to Toby
- "Jay Hogart, bringing nothing but failure and humiliation to LIFE!"
- (To Paige): "SHUT UP! You're just jealous."
- "Lemme guess you went to Shaquille O'Neal and all you got was his running suit."
- "Spike! I think I'm pregnant!"
- (To Paige): "Could you be more self-obsessed?! All you think about is your own butt which would require a lot of thought given that its huge!"
- "I'm the dumb one. Who still hasn't figured out no to chase older guys? Guys so out of her league its not funny."
- "Oh goody. Then you can get Spinner, Jay, Craig, J.T., Nate and Sean."
- "Paige basically fights me because she's a psycho wench."
- "I totally missed washing my hair for this. Paige skips practice...again."
- "Happy weekend, Paige!"
- "Why thanks Manny and thanks for taking my practice this morning."
- "Practice went awesome without you and if you ask some of us, that wasn't a coincidence."
- "Well, they do say there should be at least... one attractive girl in every band."
- "My best friend's loaded, I just kissed a stranger, and the house is covered in boozy film. When I'm stressed, I eat."
- "Liberty! Just the person I wanted to talk to, um, what are you up to?"
- "I meant tonight. Because we are going to party like it's your birthday! Because it actually is."
- "Excuse me, I'm holding a birthday party for you, Lib. My oldest and dearest friend in the entire school."
- "We'll fix that tonight."
- "Wait, boyfriend stealing, bad nose job having, puppy drowning queen of evil is your sister?" Manny to Holly J. referring to Heather.
- "I'm just worried about my best friend who's being an emotional pingpong ball. Sean. Peter. Peter. Sean."
- "Look I know my advice isn’t always Dr. Phil solid, and what’s happening to Sean isn’t fair, but babe you got to let him go."
- "Hey, hey, you tell me he's hands off, and he's hands off! That's just the law! Like Girl's Scout honors...honor. I'm a sailor!"
- "I'm the one who should be angry, he called me a slut."
- "No, I'm fine. Just leave me alone."
- "Hi, can I borrow some vodka?"
- "J.T., charming as always."
- "He said no visible underwear."
- "I don't wanna be adorable. Bunnies and puppies are adorable."
- "Craig hey, how are you?"
- "Where you come from, dates usually end in the back of a van."
- "Our fake engagement is over as of graduation."
- "NAK rage, kind of like road rage."
- "I’d say, 'Hey, preppy kids. Get off my case. We’re people, too."
- "Becoming a woman.... Em, you can get pregnant now."
- "Emma, just stop being a baby, and get ready for the wedding."
- "Oh, that's funny. Didn't I tell you the same thing last night?"
- "Yesterday, you freaked because I talked to Sean. What you did was so much worse."
- "Liberty, I can't practice today, I sort of have my period."
- "You know, Craig got his girlfriend a dozen roses."
- "If Ash doesn't see that, she doesn't deserve you."
- "Looking at you doesn't exactly make me feel like smiling."- Manny to Craig
- "I swear, if I peed on the floor, Paige would claim she gave me the water."
- "Where do you get of coming in here? How can you even talk to me?"
- "You made me be the mascot."
- "You took credit for my work."
- "You...I don't remember, but you started it!"
- "Umm, don't drink anything else tonight. The girls went out for laxatives."
- "For being a big fat useless pile of nothing."
- "Gosh no Paige. It’s all you."
- "We're not bookends."
- "Marco is my dream date, well nearly, but Paige will eat me alive if I go with you guys."
- "Hair jewelry. Right. That would fix my totally sucky life for sure."
- "As if it weren't embarrassing enough last night, now you have to see me with my jammies on. I'm sorry I ruined your gig."- Manny to Craig
- "My thighs are an epidemic and they're taking over the world."
- "Em you are offically my lifestyle guru, like Bob on Oprah!"
- "It can't be healthy to be this full."
- Manny: "When was the last time you ate?"
Emma: "Couple of days ago. But I feel fine."
Manny: "But you look sick! And the way you're talking you might be sick."
- "How, by barfing?"
- " Could I...go to the bathroom first? That's gotta be half a pound."- Manny to Emma
- "It's not called purging, it's called Bulimia." - Manny to Emma
- "Cream and butter and everything else I've seen in my dreams."
- "That should burn a few calories."
- "You're a stick, and you're insane."
- "Suddenly I'm stuffed. When are we running that mile? Or five?"
- "Well. Look at the happy couple." to Emma and Peter
- "Fine. I just wanted to wish Peter good luck."
- "Does it have a laundry part on it? Because I'm all out of underwear, and this commando chafing is killing me."
- "What are you doing? That’s my stuff!"
- "As in absti-no-sex."
- "Okay all you Degrassi-ites, the variety show needs volunteers. Come on everyone show some support."
- "You're pretty, you're graceful, you're a natural dancer...plus you didn't get kicked off cause everyone saw your boobs so that's a bonus... "- Manny to Darcy
- "We've been calling, we were worried."
- "You and a camera is a no-no."
- "Ok, you guys can have a soda. Or a nice cold glass of talent."
- "This whole boy idea is dead. They're all going home. Home!...GO!"
- "Not that I have anything against that idea generally, but...pardon? "
- "An online admirer paying for photos. That's not creepy at all."
- "Oh really? So it's just a soul you're missing, then?"
- "Is it possible that I'm actually missing Paige Michalchuk?"
- "So you just decided, without talking to the choreographer?"- Manny to Darcy
- "Em, you're killing Johnny Carcass Man! His heart's not going to work with a pencil in it."
- "Ouch! Hope you had a soft landing when you fell off that pedestal."- Manny to Emma
- "Easy cuckoo bananas! This is the one class that I'm not failing."- Manny to Emma
- "I love you, cuckoo bananas. And I always will. Even if we're not living together." (to Emma)
- "You were single at the time, what were you supposed to do? Sit around home and knit?"- Manny to Emma
- "If he loves you then you should." Manny to Emma about Sean
- "Oh, Sean Cameron, the bench press has been oh-so good to you."
- "It's not about Sean, it's about you not screwing up your life. You are not going back to 'rexie-ville Emma Nelson. Not on my watch."
- "(Sniffs): Does Mexico know you've stolen all of their tequila?!" (to Emma)
- "If Ellie knows I'm coming, she'll probably poison the food."
- "Really? Because I thought that being constantly rejected by guys would mess you up, Ellie."
- "Ellie, just the girl I wanted to see. Craig and I just broke up."
- "He lied, that's what drug addicts do."
- "This is all my fault. This party was my idea. This is my fault."
- "Out with the old and in with the new. Speaking of new, say hello to Liberty version 2.0."
- "Times change, things get outdated. Like, hairstyle, outfits, and stupid cokehead boyfriends."
- "Yeah, right. Sean's like, 'Yeah, let's shack up, I'm real serious about our future, yo'."
- "When will parents ever learn? Forbidden things are an aphrodisiac."
- "Well if you're going to get up on your high horse, then I'm gone. You and Satan, Jr. are made for each other."
- "Why do you guys do everything he says?"- Manny to Peter and Sav
- "Shut up, Holly J."
- "Sometimes I envy Darcy for leaving the Squad." (to Holly J.)
- "Look, I know you hate me." Manny to Ashley
- Emma (about Peter): "I wonder who his father is."
Manny: "Satan, probably."
- "Holy cow are you ever gay?" Manny to Marco in a mini.
- "Yo, Sista!"
- "I'm not eating paper, no matter how many calories it burns." Manny to Emma.
- "Who died and made you my mother?" -to Emma.
- "Your letting a disgusting bottom-feeder use you to serial-cheat on his girlfriend!" -to Emma
- "When Liberty sees an opportunity. She goes for it. She's like a rabid wolverine."
- Main article: Sully-Manny Relationship
- Main article: Craig-Manny Relationship
- Craig Manning
- First Relationship:
- Second Relationship:
- Third Relationship:
- Main article: J.T.-Manny Relationship
- J.T. Yorke
- Main article: Spinner-Manny Relationship
- Gavin "Spinner" Mason
- Main article: Damian-Manny Relationship
- Damian Hayes
- First Relationship:
- Second Relationship:
- Main article: Jay-Manny Relationship
- Jay Hogart
- First Relationship:
- Second Relationship:
- Third Relationship:
- Start Up: Paradise City (4) (822)
- Main article: Manny-Mick Relationship
Adam • Alex • Alli • Anya • Ashley • Becky • Bianca • Blue • Bruce • Campbell • Chantay • Chewy • Clare • Connor • Craig • Dallas • Damien • Danny • Darcy • Dave • Declan • Derek • Drew • Eli • Ellie • Emma • Fiona • Frankie • Hazel • Holly J • Imogen • J.T. • Jake • Jane • Jay • Jenna • Jimmy • Johnny • K.C. • Katie • Kelly • Leia • Liberty • Luke • Manny • Marco • Marisol • Maya • Mia • Miles • Mo • Owen • Paige • Peter • Riley • Sav • Sean • Spinner • Terri • Toby • Tori • Tristan • Wesley • Zane • Zig • Zoë • Archie • Caitlin • Christine • Dan • Daphne • Joey • Winnie