Hazel developed a crush on Marco, which was not further explained, as Marco began dating Ellie Nash and later came out as gay. They were in the same clique of people, and were both best friends with Paige Michalchuk. They got along well together and were often seen hanging out together in the background of episodes.
In Take My Breath Away, Hazel developed a crush on Marco, so naturally, he thought that she was his secret admirer, when his admirer was actually Ellie Nash. When Marco discovers the truth, he tells Ellie that Hazel is not his type and they begin a relationship.
In Rock and Roll High School, Marco and Hazel were, unusually, in opposing camps when Downtown Sasquatch performed in the Battle of the Bands against Ashley's anti-Craig Manning band Hell Hath No Fury, of which Hazel was a member. Downtown Sasquatch won the competition.
In It's Raining Men, Marco talks to Hazel, Paige, and Spinner about setting up the dance.
In Ghost in the Machine (1), Marco, Hazel, Paige, Spinner, and Jimmy go to a drive-in to see a movie.
In Ghost in the Machine (2), Marco, Hazel, and their friends are all at a college party together.
In King of Pain, Hazel offers to hand out fliers to help Marco with his presidential campaign.
In Eye of the Tiger, Marco, Hazel, and the rest of the group celebrate Jimmy finally returning to school. At the basketball game, Marco and Hazel are sitting next to one another.
In Queen of Hearts, Marco, Hazel, and Paige are in class together.
In West End Girls, Marco, Paige, Jimmy, and Hazel go to prom together.
In Venus (1), Marco, Hazel, Paige, Jimmy, Craig, and Ellie all walk to school together. They both later attend Craig's surprise party in the Dot for his 17th birthday.
In Death of a Disco Dancer, Marco, Paige, Alex, and Hazel are in class together.
In I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, Marco, Hazel, Craig, and Jimmy are talking together when Jimmy tells Craig he wants to quit the band in favor of being on a wheelchair basketball team.
In Redemption Song, Hazel and Marco both work on painting the mural. Marco witnesses her break up with Jimmy.In The Lexicon of Love (1), Marco and Hazel walked down the red carpet of the movie premiere together. They commented about how the "real" after party, meaning the fun and exciting one, was behind the doors of a bouncer. Alex and Paige were able to successfully crashed the VIP party, leaving Hazel and Marco in disbelief. They tried to walk in after Paige and Alex, but the bouncer escorted the two of them back out.
In Total Eclipse Of The Heart, Paige, Ellie, Alex, Tim, Marco, Alex, and Hazel all go clubbing.
In High Fidelity (1), Marco and Hazel are sitting next to one another in the background of the classroom.
In High Fidelity (2), Marco and Hazel graduate with the rest of their class.
- Marco was two months older than Hazel: he was born in June 1988 while she was born the following August.
- They were both best friends with Paige Michalchuk.
- They were both friends with Jimmy Brooks, whom Hazel also dated, Spinner Mason and Manny Santos.
- Their mutual friend Manny dated Marco's best friend Craig Manning.
- They both graduated in the Class of 2006.
- Hazel had a conflict with Marco's ex-girlfriend and best friend Ellie Nash.
- They both made their first regular appearances in Father Figure (1).
- They were both members of the Yoga Club.
- They both had dreadful singing voices.
- Both Marco and Hazel's parents were immigrants to Canada: Marco's parents Mr. Del Rossi and Louisa Del Rossi were Italian while Hazel's parents were Somalian. Hazel was born in Mogadishu, Somalia.
- In King of Pain, Hazel supported Marco's campaign to become Student Council President.
- They were both members of Archie Simpson's Grade 9 homeroom class 9F from 2002 to 2003.