|Family|| Mr. Matlin (Husband)|
Katie Matlin (Daughter)
Maya Matlin (Daughter)
Unnamed son or daughter
|Relationships||Mr. Matlin (Husband)|
|First Episode||Can't Tell Me Nothing (1) (1134)|
|Portrayed By|| Spirit Synott (Season 11)|
Kate Hewlett (Season 12-Present)
Season 11In Can't Tell Me Nothing (1), Katie is eager to know if she made it to the National Soccer team after she tried out, and Margaret gives her advice. Later on, she encourages Katie when she is feeling nervous. She proceeds to ask Katie to give her medicine to her, and after Katie hands it to her, she takes her medicine, Codeine. Katie asks if she takes it everyday, but she says she only uses it when she needs it. Later on, Katie steals two pills of Codeine to deal with her pain due to her injury in the try outs but she doesn't find out.
In Can't Tell Me Nothing (2), she welcomes Katie home from the hospital with Maya. She sees Katie's surgery as the start of her recovery and her eventual return to the soccer field. When Katie asks what she is supposed to do since she can't play soccer now, Margaret reminds her that it is her senior year and that she has student council, her friends, and Drew to keep her busy. While putting her Codeine pills away, she tells Katie that she's sure she'll find something interesting to fill the void.
In Hollaback Girl (2), after Katie overdoses on oxycodone the night before, Margaret and her husband send their older daughter to rehab.
In Degrassi: Las Vegas, Margaret breaks the news to Katie that they can't afford to send her to Stanford.In Zombie (1), Margaret does not allow Maya to go the a senior party, and tells her to practice her cello instead. Maya ends up sneaking out to the party anyway.
In Zombie (2), she is seen coming into the house with Katie and catches Maya and Harry together on the couch. Maya breaks down about Cam to Katie and her mother.
- She was the fifth character to be in a wheelchair. The other 4 being Maya Goldberg, Nadia Yamir, Jimmy Brooks, and Trina.
- She is the third character in the franchise to be portrayed by different actors/actresses. The first was Emma Nelson and the second was Shane McKay.
- Can't Tell Me Nothing (1): (To Katie) Margaret: "There's my soccer star."
- Can't Tell Me Nothing (1): (To Katie) Margaret: "Ever since you were in utero you've been a little kicker. You were born for this. Literally."
- Can't Tell Me Nothing (1): (To Katie) Margaret: "Sometimes the universe has a different plan - we adapt."
- Zombie (1): (To Maya): "Nice bum, where ya from?"