|Birth Name||Melinda Shankar|
|Date of Birth||February 18, 1992|
|Place of Birth||Canada|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Melinda Leanna Shankar is a Guyanese-Canadian actress best known for playing Alli Bhandari on Degrassi and Indira "Indie" Mehta on the YTV series, How to be Indie. She co-starred in the Disney Channel Original Movie, Harriet the Spy as Janie Gibbs alongside Degrassi co-star Aislinn Paul and Disney Channel's Jennifer Stone. She played the lead role, Reshma, in a 2010 indie-film, entitled Festival of Lights. Melinda has a black belt in karate and is a fan of hockey. She has stated that she is on good terms with all of her cast mates, but she is closest to Dylan Everett, Scott Paterson, Samantha Munro, Luke Bilyk, Munro Chambers, Alicia Josipovic, Jessica Tyler, Aislinn Paul, Jordan Todosey & Sarah Fisher.
- Melinda is an Aquarius.
- Despite the fact that her character Alli broke up with Johnny before Degrassi's prom, Melinda took Scott Paterson (Johnny DiMarco) to her actual prom.
- She has been doing ballet and tapdancing since she was three years old.
- She is a huge fan of the Backstreet Boys.
- Her favourite fast food restaurant is McDonald's.
- Her favourite Bollywood movie is Slumdog Millionaire.
- Her favourite Hollywood movie is A Walk To Remember.
- Her favorite book is The Outsiders.
- She wears glasses, just not on the show.
- Something quirky about her no one would know: "I am deathly afraid of anything involving the afterlife and ghosts and spirits - to the point of not going in my own basement without someone with me."
- Her favorite feature on the opposite sex: "I LOVE defined cheek and jaw bones!"
- She was featured on MTV's Cribs.
- She has a tattoo that says Live.
- Her Tumblr.
- Her favourite cast member before she joined Degrassi was Cassie Steele. Source
- She previously dated Daniel Kelly, who portrays Owen on Degrassi: The Next Generation.