Neil Hope (September 24, 1972 in Toronto, Canada - November 25, 2007 in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada) was a Canadian actor who portrayed Robin "Griff" Griffith on The Kids of Degrassi Street, and Derek "Wheels" Wheeler on Degrassi Junior High, Degrassi High, School's Out! and Degrassi: The Next Generation. He was nominated for a Young Artist Award along with the rest of his Degrassi castmates for Outstanding Young Ensemble Cast.
- Started acting at age 9.
- Has worn glasses since he was 15.
- His father died in 1987 due to cirrhosis, a disease of the liver because he drank too much.
- Both his parents were alcoholics.
- He's the 5th born child in his family. He has 3 brothers (Tracey, Brian, and Danny), and 1 sister (Cheryl).
- His parents were divorced. He and his siblings would live with one parents for a while, and switch, and so on.
- Neil disliked country music.
- One of his favorite cartoons as a child was Bugs Bunny from Loony Tunes.
- He was previously engaged to Christina Boulard until the point of his death.
- Four years after the date of his death, it was revealed that he had died of natural causes in November 2007 at the age of 35.
- Neil Hope has dealt with the death of parents in Degrassi and his personal life.