Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Neil Hope (September 24, 1972 in Toronto, Canada - November 25, 2007 in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada) was a Canadian actor who portrayed Robin "Griff" Griffith on The Kids of Degrassi Street, and Derek Wheeler on Degrassi Junior High, Degrassi High, School's Out! and Degrassi: The Next Generation. He was nominated for a Young Artist Award along with the rest of his Degrassi cast mates for Outstanding Young Ensemble Cast.
- He started acting at the age of 9.
- He started wearing glasses at the age of 15.
- His father died in 1987 due to cirrhosis, a disease of the liver as a result of his drinking.
- Both his parents were alcoholics.
- He was the 5th born child in his family. He had 3 brothers (Tracey, Brian, and Danny) and 1 sister (Cheryl).
- His parents were divorced. He and his siblings would live with one parent for a while, switch, and so on.
- Neil disliked country music.
- One of his favorite cartoons as a child was Bugs Bunny from Looney Tunes.
- He was engaged to Christina Boulard from 1998 to 2001.
- Four years after the date of his death, it was revealed that he had died from a heart attack from not taking diabetes insulin on time, in November 2007 at the age of 35.
- Neil Hope had dealt with the death of parents on Degrassi and in his personal life.
- A memorial website has been set up for Neil at http://www.neil-hope.com
- He is the first main cast member of the franchise to have passed away.