|Birth Name||Nikolina Konstantinova Dobreva|
Nina Dobrev (b. Nikolina Konstantinova Dobreva) on January 9, 1989 in Sofia, Bulgaria is a Bulgarian actress, model and singer. She moved to Canada at the age of two. She is fluent in English, Bulgarian, and French. Nina portrayed teen mother Mia Jones on Degrassi: The Next Generation. Before Degrassi, Nina starred in the TV movies My Daughter's Secret and Never Cry Werewolf, and made guest appearances on The Border and Eleventh Hour. She also appeared in the 2009 movie, Chloe. In 2011, she appeared in The Roommate.
Nina's film, Fugitive Pieces, directed by Jeremy Podeswa, opened the 2007 Toronto International Film Festival. Also in 2007, she was in the Lifetime Original Movie Too Young to Marry as Jessica. In 2008, she was cast as Ally in The American Mall In 2009, she was cast in a dual role as Elena Gilbert and Katherine Pierce in the CW hit drama The Vampire Diaries, which is currently in its fifth season. Nina is a major fan of the Harry Potter series, and has read all the books. She has also been on Mookie's Law, as Rosabella alongside with Natty Zavitz.
- Ian Somerhalder (boyfriend/best friend)
- February 2010-May 2013; November 2013-present.
- Derek Hough (ex-boyfriend/close friend)
- August 2013-October 2013.
- She was born in Bulgaria, but moved to Canada when she was 2.
- She speaks Bulgarian, French, and English.
- In February 2010, Nina's been dating her Vampire Diaries co-star, Ian Somerhalder; who plays Damon Salvatore, but broke off in may 2013 and get back together in November 2013.
- She currently lives in Atlanta; where the show The Vampire Diaries is filming.
- She shares 3 cats (Jama-Lynx, Moke and Dennis) with Ian Somerhalder.
- Her best friend is her Vampire Diaries co-stars Candice Accola. She also great friends with Paul Wesley, Julianne and Derek Hough, Matt Davis, Claire Holt, Miriam McDonald, Cassie Steele, Shenae Grimes, Joseph Morgan, Steven R. McQueen and all the cast of The Vampire Diaries.