Season 3, Episode 21
March 29, 2004
July 30, 2004
Our House is the twenty first episode of Season 3 of the Canadian television series, Degrassi: The Next Generation. It originally aired on March 29, 2004 on CTV Television and on July 30, 2004 on The N. The episode was written by story editors Aaron Martin and Yan Moore and directed by Allan Eastman. The episode shares its title with the song by Madness.
Sean's brother, Tracker, gets a job in Alberta, Canada, but Sean doesn't want to move. Sean discovers he can legally live on his own with student welfare, but that plan is in jeopardy when his place becomes party central.
Sean's brother finally finds a job but has to move to Alberta. Sean doesn't want to move so he learns that he can live on his own with student welfare. He then sees that his place is an excuse to have parties for Jay. Sean realizes that his place is being used for partying too much after the police get called after an incident one night, and so he stops all the partying in order to focus on school.
- This episode is named after the song "Our House" by Madness.
- This episode marks the first time a character gets emancipated in Degrassi TNG Series.
- Mr. Ehl wears the Dunlop Tire logo on his uniform and motorized vehicle.
- Amy mimics an Avril Lavigne pose, implying that she is a fan.
- This episode marks the beginning of J.T. and Manny's relationship.
- Tracker mentions that Sean has been off of probation for a month, which is referring to his record that he gained for deafening Tyler Bishop in his left ear.
- Amy Peters-Hoffman expresses jealousy over Ellie's relationship with Sean, but is reminded that she is the one who ended it with him.
- Sean mentions again that he repeated grade 7.
- The poster for J.T.'s commercial that aired on television in It's Raining Men is in the background in one of the scenes.
- Manny and Craig's affair from earlier in the season is referenced by both Spinner and Manny.
- The abortion Manny had is brought up when she was explaining to J.T. that Craig was only making sure if she was okay.
- J.T. brings up the time Manny blew him off for Sully after the first time he asked her out.
- The semi-formal first mentioned in the previous episode is spoken of again, though it isn't actually held until the following episode.
- J.T., who was debating with the idea to take Manny to the semi-formal in the previous episode, decides to ask her.
- This episode marks the final appearance of Tracker Cameron.
Regular Cast (Ordered Alphabetically)
- Sarah Barrable-Tishauer as Liberty Van Zandt
- Daniel Clark as Sean Cameron
- Ryan Cooley as J.T. Yorke
- Jake Epstein as Craig Manning
- Stacey Farber as Ellie Nash
- Shane Kippel as Spinner Mason
- Cassie Steele as Manny Santos
- Steve Arbuckle as Montreal crew guy
- Deanna Casaluce as Alex Nuñez
- Bailey Corneal as Amy Peters-Hoffman
- Melissa DiMarco as Daphne Hatzilakos
- Travis Donegan as Towerz
- Michael Favell as Security guard no. 2
- Kristen Holden-Reid as Tracker Cameron
- Mike Lobel as Jay Hogart
- Marcello Melea as Degrassi party guy
- Pip as Wendy
- Stefan Brogren as Archie Simpson
- Lauren Collins as Paige Michalchuk
- Jake Goldsbie as Toby Isaacs
- Aubrey Graham as Jimmy Brooks
- Andrea Lewis as Hazel Aden
- Pat Mastroianni as Joey Jeremiah
- Miriam McDonald as Emma Nelson
- Melissa McIntyre as Ashley Kerwin
- Stacie Mistysyn as Caitlin Ryan
- Adamo Ruggiero as Marco Del Rossi
- Christina Schmidt as Terri MacGregor
- Amanda Stepto as Christine Nelson
- Dan Woods as Daniel Raditch
- Sean: "It's not just my house. It's our house."
- Spinner: "I'd watch it with Manny, she's got a reputation."
J.T.: "What if people talked about you and Paige like that?"
Spinner: "They don't because Paige isn't a slut and doesn't get at it with other people's boyfriends."
- Amy: "You don't like me anymore."
Sean: "Amy, you dumped me."
Ellie: "And he has a girlfriend."
Amy: "What are you? Some kind of blood-sucking vampire."
Ellie: "Keep hanging on to my boyfriend and you'll find out."
- "Watchagonnado" by Headstones
- "Istanbul" by Evren
- "I Don't Get It" by Evren
- "Late Night Kind Of Guy" by Evren
- "Million $ Moment" by Headstones
- Watch Our House on Gorillavid (International)