“Our Lips Are Sealed (2)”
Season 5, Episode 16
February 27, 2006
May 12, 2006
Emma's dieting has transformed into a full-on eating disorder, and she's willing to do whatever it takes to keep it a secret even publicly dating Peter so that Manny will stop talking to her. But as Emma pushes herself towards mental and physical collapse, she's driving away the only people who can help her.
Emma finds it insanely difficult to keep her relationship with Peter a secret from Manny. When Manny confronts her about the way she's been purging and avoiding meals, Emma finally tells Manny about her new boyfriend, putting them at odds. After Peter becomes wise to Emma's eating habits he decides that she needs help, and along with Manny and the newly reunited Spike and Snake, hold an intervention that has terrible results, because when Manny, Peter, Spike and Snake try to tell her she needs help and should see a therapist she has a panic attack.
Later while at the hospital Manny tells Emma she needs to stop because if she doesn't she will die, and the episode ends with Emma saying she's going to try and beat this.
Regular Cast (Ordered Alphabetically)
- Sarah Barrable-Tishauer as Liberty Van Zandt
- Stefan Brogren as Archie Simpson
- Deanna Casaluce as Alex Nuñez
- Lauren Collins as Paige Michalchuk
- Jake Goldsbie as Toby Isaacs
- Jamie Johnston as Peter Stone
- Andrea Lewis as Hazel Aden
- Miriam McDonald as Emma Nelson
- Cassie Steele as Manny Santos
- Amanda Stepto as Christine Nelson
- B.D. Freeman as Mr. Ellis
- Shenae Grimes as Darcy Edwards
- Michael Kinney as Darryl Armstrong
- Jajube Mandiela as Chantay Black
- Ryan Cooley as J.T. Yorke
- Melissa DiMarco as Daphne Hatzilakos
- Jake Epstein as Craig Manning
- Stacey Farber as Ellie Nash
- Aubrey Graham as Jimmy Brooks
- Shane Kippel as Spinner Mason
- Mike Lobel as Jay Hogart
- Pat Mastroianni as Joey Jeremiah
- Stacie Mistysyn as Caitlin Ryan
- Adamo Ruggiero as Marco Del Rossi
(Emma enters her house and finds Manny, Peter and her parents sitting in the living room.) Emma: "What's going on?" Spike: "Come sit down here, honey. Manny and Peter came over here because they're worried about you." Snake: "It's not just them. Your teachers told me that you're having trouble in school." Emma: "They're lying." Snake: "No they're not, Emma. We want you to go talk to someone: a therapist about why you're not eating." Emma: (Irritated tone, raising voice) "I am eating. There is nothing wrong!" Peter: "You're hiding food." Manny: "You've got major psycho mood swings." Spike: "You're just not you, and were worried." Emma: "And you guys are all so perfect? You take advantage of drunk girls (Peter), you are the drunk girl (Manny), and the last time I checked, you were making out with his mother (Snake.)" Snake: "Emma, you need to calm down." Emma: "No, I need to get out of here." Manny: "You can't go, Emma. We need to get you help." Emma: (Shouting) "You did this. You told them. This is all your fault, Manny."