|Date of Birth||1972|
|Relationships|| Christine Nelson (Ex-Girlfriend)|
Liz O'Rourke (Former Attraction; One Date)
|First Episode||A New Start (1) (DH 101)|
|Last Episode||Body Politics (DH 205)|
|Portrayed By||Vincent Walsh|
Original Degrassi season 4-5
Patrick was a Grade 11 student in Season 4, and a Grade 12 student in Season 5. He and his family had recently emigrated to Canada from Ireland, and he spoke with a distinct Irish accent. He initially made friends with Christine Nelson because they were both wearing the same band shirt (for "The Pogues"). He asked her out, and initially she was reluctant, finding it hard to believe someone would genuinely be interested in her as she had a baby. Patrick wrote a song for her, and while she was pleased, it was also obvious that it made her a little uncomfortable: Patrick liked her far more than she liked him.
Eventually Christine ended the relationship, as she found trying to fit being a mother in with his band schedule was too difficult, and she had always been somewhat ambivalent about the relationship. Very shortly after this, he asked her best friend Liz O'Rourke to go see a live concert with him, as she was also a fan. Liz agreed, but only after she asked Spike if she would mind; Spike lied and said it was fine, then got angry when Liz went. Deciding that Spike's friendship was more important, Liz told Patrick she couldn't see him again. Patrick angrily confronted Spike, telling her he didn't appreciate her meddling in his life; she responded angrily that it wasn't fair that he asked Liz out just to make her jealous. From then on, although we occasionally see Patrick in the background, we don't hear any more from him. It is assumed he graduated from Degrassi before the school shut down.
- He is one of several students who were born outside of Toronto:
- He is from Dublin, Ireland
- Lucy Fernandez is from New York, NY
- Yick Yu is from Vietnam
- Mike Dallas is from Guelph, ON
- Jenna Middleton was born in Calgary, AB
- Fiona and Declan Coyne were born in Tokyo, Japan to American expatriates
- Campbell Saunders is from Kapuskasing, ON
- Becky and Luke Baker are from somewhere in Florida
- Derek Wheeler was most likely born near Port Hope, ON
- Hazel Aden was born in Mogadishu, Somalia
- Manny Santos was born in Manila, the Philippines
- Rasha Zuabi and Saad Al'Maliki are from Syria
- Patrick appeared briefly in the opening credits of Degrassi High.
- He and his ex-girlfriend Spike were both fans of the Pogues.
- In A New Start, Tessa Campanelli bumped into Patrick on her first day at Degrassi High School.
- His surname was never revealed.