|Intimacy Level||Enemies, Ex-Friends, Former Teammates|
|Conflict Started||Still Fighting It (1) (1019)|
At the beginning of Season 10, Riley and Owen were on good terms. However, when Riley came out, Owen began acting homophobic and they came to dislike each other.
In 99 Problems (2), Riley and Owen strip Drew of his clothing and tie him to a flagpole and are seen laughing about it. Later, they are both seen next to each other when Audra confronts the team about Drew being hazed.
In Still Fighting It (1), after finding out that Riley is gay, Owen writes "homo" on his locker.
In Still Fighting It (2), Owen writes "Riley is a fag" on the side of a school bus. Riley is angered by it and punches Owen in the nose.
In Take a Bow (1), Anya tells Owen that Riley asked her to prom and Owen rolls his eyes.
In Dead and Gone (2), they are both seen at the same table during prom.
- They are both good friends with Anya MacPherson.
- They both kissed Anya but only Owen had a relationship with her.
- Owen's first line was spoken to Riley. ("Princess here bothering you?")
- Both are Degrassi gradutes.
- They were both on the football team.
- Owen also had dislike for Riley's boyfriend, Zane Park.
- Riley is gay like Owen's brother Tristan.
- Their conflict mirrors the off-screen conflict between Dylan Michalchuk and Jay Hogart.