Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
"I get it, my car sucks. You slay me with your humor."
“Rock This Town”
Season 6, Episode 11
January 9, 2007
January 26, 2007
Manny decides to get over Craig by throwing a secret party at Emma's house, ruining Emma's plan for a cozy little weekend with Sean in the process. But Manny's secret party ends up taking a huge turn for the worst.
Manny is intent on getting over Craig, and uses Liberty's upcoming birthday as an excuse to throw a party at Emma's house while Spike and Snake are out of town. She's even got a great guy to introduce Liberty to - but doesn't anticipate how he'll feel. And of course, no party can be kept a secret for long, so as soon the party gets out of control, students from Lakehurst arrive unexpectedly. When tensions mount from the ongoing school rivalry, one of Degrassi's favorite students, J.T. Yorke, is stabbed and left for dead.
During the party, Emma adds tequila to her punch and gets drunk. She tries to have sex with Sean, she but winds up throwing up in a waste basket before kissing him.
Manny invites Damian over to this party as a date for Liberty. Liberty and Damian are not interested in each other, but Manny and Damian are.
Damian tries to make out with Manny, but she rejects him because she barely knows him.
J.T. goes up to Toby while making out with Lakehurst's vice president. She walks away telling him that it's time for a pee break.
J.T. tells Toby that he likes a spicy sandwich (which is Mia) but sometimes you get tired of it and you want oatmeal (which is Liberty).
Toby said "Well, its a hot sub. But it gets boring. Oatmeal has always been there for you..." and J.T. says "I'm going to get me a big bowl of Liberty! I mean, oatmeal."
J.T. tries to catch up with Liberty, but sees that Drake and Johnny DiMarco, from Lakehurst, are peeing on his car. He asks them: "Couldn't find a toilet?" and Drake replies: "He did" and grins.
J.T. rolls his eyes and says "You slay me with your humor." Drake starts to leave, but right when he is behind J.T., he pulls out a pocket knife and says, "Oh yeah mascot boy, laugh at this" and stabs J.T.
Liberty then finds J.T. leaning against his car, staring upward. She goes over to him and finds that he has been stabbed. She begins crying and yells for help.
At the hospital, Toby tells the doctor that he is J.T.'s brother so he can figure out what happened. A nurse tells Toby that J.T.'s aorta was damaged and could not be repaired. J.T. was gone.
The news of his death set in immediately for Manny and Sean as they began crying, though Manny, Emma, Toby and Liberty, after she had received the news, were too shocked to mourn their loss at that time.
Having all been informed of J.T.'s death, they join in a comforting group hug.
- This episode is named after the song "Rock This Town" by Stray Cats.
- This is also the first stabbing in the history of Degrassi.
- This is the 4th death in the history of Degrassi.
- Johnny was not arrested, as he appeared in Standing In The Dark (1) and becomes a series regular in Season 8. However, Drake was arrested.
- All the original grade 7 characters who were in the pilot are shown in the hospital.
- The TeenNick version of this episode is censored in the stabbing scene, while the Canadian isn't.
- Ryan Cooley stated he wanted his character to go out with a bang and that is why they did it this way.
- This is one of the two episodes to involve a knife. The other episode was All Falls Down (2).
- Liberty celebrates her 17th birthday in this episode.
- Known characters that attended the party are: Liberty Van Zandt, Danny Van Zandt, Manny Santos, J.T. Yorke, Ellie Nash, Spinner Mason, Toby Isaacs, Marco Del Rossi, Sean Cameron, Emma Nelson, Nora, Derek Haig, Jay Hogart, Alex Nuñez, Drake Lempkey, Johnny DiMarco, and Damian Hayes.
- This episode marks the last appearance of J.T. Yorke being alive. Although he dies, it isn't the last appearance or mention of him.
- This episode marks the only appearances of Drake Lempkey and Nora.
- This episode marks Damian Hayes's first appearance.
Regular Cast (Ordered Alphabetically)
- Sarah Barrable-Tishauer as Liberty Van Zandt
- Stefan Brogren as Archie Simpson
- Deanna Casaluce as Alex Nuñez
- Daniel Clark as Sean Cameron
- Ryan Cooley as J.T. Yorke
- Stacey Farber as Ellie Nash
- Shane Kippel as Spinner Mason
- Mike Lobel as Jay Hogart
- Miriam McDonald as Emma Nelson
- Adamo Ruggiero as Marco Del Rossi
- Cassie Steele as Manny Santos
- Amanda Stepto as Christine Nelson
- Dalmar Abuzeid as Danny Van Zandt
- Alessandra Cannito as Nora
- Nina Dobrev as Mia Jones
- Marc Donato as Derek Haig
- Mazin Elsadig as Damian Hayes
- Jake Goldsbie as Toby Isaacs
- Brendan McMurtry-Howlett as Drake Lempkey
- Colette Micks as Doctor
- Scott Paterson as Johnny DiMarco
- Leo Vernick as Detective
- J.T.: (to Toby) "I'm going to go get me a big bowl of Liberty, I mean oatmeal."
- Liberty: "I still love you."
J.T.: "I have a girlfriend, Mia, who I really, really, like!"
Liberty: "Do you love her?!"
J.T.: "Yes of course I do."
Liberty: "Then why are you standing here talking to me?"
J.T.: "I don't know."
- Nurse: "His aorta was punctured. Its a main artery and... we couldn't repair the damage...... He didn't make it."
Toby: "What?... *nervously chuckles* You're joking..."
Nurse: "I'm sorry... your brother's gone."
- J.T. (Final Line): "You guys slay me with your humor."
- Manny: "Okay, let's take the testosterone down a notch."
- Manny: "Does Mexico know you've taken all of their tequila?"
- Sean: "Emma, are you wasted?"
Emma: "The question is: am I wasted enough?"
- Sean: "Margarita, meet waste basket. Waste basket, meet margarita."
- J.T.: (to Liberty) "It's your party, you can cry if you want to."
- "My Little Birdie" by The Nice Device
- "Femmelicious" by Femme
- "Today Is Your Lucky Day" by The Salads
- "Drop It Hot" by Femme
- "We Do Supersonic" by Shinjuku Zulu
- "Hustler" by Femme
- "Be My Woman, Be My Man" by Shinjuku Zulu