Romeo and Jules is a play that was performed in Scream (2) that sparked controversy with parents and Becky Baker, due to its homosexual theme. It was first mentioned in Gives You Hell (1) (CAN) or Walking on Broken Glass (US).
In Gives You Hell (1), Eli decided he wanted to produce another play for his college resume. He learned that Becky Baker had already given in a proposal so he had to work with her. He wanted to do Death of a Salesman but learned that Becky had already proposed Romeo and Juliet.
In Gives You Hell (2), Becky and Eli were watching auditions for the play including Tori Santamaria and Tristan Milligan. While Becky is unimpressed, Eli was amazed, wanting Tristan in the play. When the two talked after the auditions, Becky didn't want Tristan in the play because he was gay. Then she left. Later, Eli told Tristan that Becky didn't believe he was right for the play, but Eli doesn't care, and wants to make him apart of it, turning the play into a homosexual play called Romeo and Jules behind Becky's back. When Becky found out, she quit the drama theater, explaining she will not be apart of a play that treats homosexuality like it is normal.
In Scream (1), Eli had to show the last scene to the students and parents so the play can continue. He realized that he needed to change the scene, thus making it possible to continue the play.
In Scream (2), it is opening night and despite Tristan almost missing the performance, the musical was a success and received a standing ovation.
- Tristan Milligan as Jules
- Dave Turner as Romeo
- Tori Santamaria as The Nurse
- Connor Delaurier as Friar Lawrence
- Jenna Middleton as Chorus
- Becky Baker as Chorus/Jules Understudy
- Eli Goldsworthy - Director
- Imogen Moreno - Set Designer
- Fiona Coyne - Producer
- Adam Torres - Ticket Sale
- Becky Baker - Producer (Quit)
- Fab Juarez - Stage Hand
- The Romeo and Jules song "Anything At All" is available on iTunes. You can also listen to it on YouTube.
- After the opening show, which was performed in Scream (2), there were seven more shows.
- Eli had to change the play at the last minute. He also changed his previous play Love Roulette at the last minute.