Following the day that Cam sliced his palm in the locker room, Maya is worried because Cam isn’t responding to her text messages, and no one from the team has heard from him since the game. She eventually finds out where he lives and visits him as he’s packing because he wants to go home. He tells her that he’s sad and that he is unsure of a way to make himself happy, and Maya suggests that he should try balancing hockey with other important things in his life and that she doesn’t want him to back a drastic decision because he’s sad. The next day at school, Cam sits on the ledge of the catwalk and intentionally throws himself off, injuring his arm. He finds out that he’s going to be out of hockey for six to eight weeks, and when Maya gets suspicious he denies hurting himself on purpose. Maya asks Cam what he’s going to do when he has to return to hockey, and Cam responds by saying that he’s happy right now, and he just wants to focus on other things.
K.C. is disappointed with his mother for drinking the previous night, but she tells K.C. that Kevin has been banned from being in their apartment, much to K.C.’s relief. While K.C. and his mom are talking, Kevin bangs on the door, obviously intoxicated. K.C. tells his mom to hide in her room, and as Kevin continues to bang at the door, K.C. calls the police. The next day at school, K.C. meets with Jenna to tell her that he’s moving to Vancouver. His dad has to stay in Toronto because of his probation, and K.C. says the move is to protect himself and his mom from Kevin. Before he and his mom drive away, K.C. says goodbye to Jenna, Clare, Alli, Connor and Bianca. He and his mother then drive away, waving goodbye to his friends. This is K.C.'s final appearance on the show.
Fiona gets upset because she doesn’t know how to clean since she’s always had her mom or maids to do it for her, so Drew teaches her how. After a few hours, Fiona and Drew’s condo is spotless. Fiona thanks Drew for his help. In class the next day, Fiona tells Imogen that she and Drew worked things out, and she wants to finally hang out at Imogen’s house, but Imogen declines. Fiona feels likes Imogen doesn’t want her over, and instead of explaining, Imogen just says Fiona can’t come over because of “bad timing.”
- This episode is named after the song "Rusty Cage" by "Soundgarden".
- This episode marks K.C. Guthrie's last appearance in Degrassi.
- K.C. Guthrie and Lisa Guthrie leave Toronto to escape Kevin Guthrie.
- Campbell Saunders jumps off the in-door second floor balcony so he can break his arm and not have to do hockey for 6-8 weeks, but still stay at Degrassi.
- Dylan Everett actually did jump off the balcony and no stunt double was needed.
- Dylan Everett was nominated for a Canadian Screen Award for his performance as Campbell Saunders in this episode.
Regular Cast (Ordered Alphabetically)
- Craig Arnold as Luke Baker
- Luke Bilyk as Drew Torres
- Stefan Brogren as Archie Simpson
- Annie Clark as Fiona Coyne
- Sam Earle as K.C. Guthrie
- Dylan Everett as Campbell Saunders
- Alicia Josipovic as Bianca DeSousa
- Demetrius Joyette as Mike Dallas
- Cory Lee as Winnie Oh
- Lyle O'Donohoe as Tristan Milligan
- Aislinn Paul as Clare Edwards
- Cristine Prosperi as Imogen Moreno
- AJ Saudin as Connor DeLaurier
- Olivia Scriven as Maya Matlin
- Melinda Shankar as Alli Bhandari
- Jessica Tyler as Jenna Middleton
- Dwight Ireland as Reporter
- Shanice Banton as Marisol Lewis
- Munro Chambers as Eli Goldsworthy
- Sarah Fisher as Becky Baker
- Jahmil French as Dave Turner
- Ricardo Hoyos as Zig Novak
- Daniel Kelly as Owen Milligan
- Justin Kelly as Jake Martin
- Jacob Neayem as Mo Mashkour
- Chloe Rose as Katie Matlin
- Alex Steele as Tori Santamaria
- Jordan Todosey as Adam Torres
- "Stomp" by Cab 20
- "Collapse of History" by Atari Teenage Riot
- "Modern World" by Melogrand