Shenae Grimes, now known as Shenae Grimes-Beech, (born October 24, 1989) is a Canadian actress from Toronto, Ontario, Canada. She is best known for her role as Darcy Edwards on Degrassi: The Next Generation. She had a recurring role on Disney's Naturally Sadie with Degrassi co-star Charlotte Arnold, who played Holly J. Sinclair on the show. Shenae was in a music video for Our Lady Peace. She also played a supporting role in True Confessions of a Hollywood Starlet. Grimes also appeared in Picture This! with following co-star Lauren Collins. She had a cameo in the horror film Scream 4. One of her closest friends from the show Degrassi is Sarah Barrable-Tishauer although they barely had any interaction on the show. She is also still close with Cassie Steele, Miriam McDonald, and Nina Dobrev. She also starred in 90210, a CW spinoff of Beverly Hills 90210, as one of the main characters, Annie Wilson.
- Shenae is a Scorpio.
- She was named one of the world's most beautiful people by People magazine (2009).
- She has a tattoo on the right side of her ribcage which says "Myself and I".
- She accepted the role of Annie Wilson on 90210 after Hilary Duff declined it.
- She was "Rebecca Harper" in the pilot episode Glimmer of the show The Latest Buzz, a role later filled by Zoë Belkin when the show aired.Part 1Part 2
- She and her friend were kidnapped in the 4th grade, by a father of a former friend Shenae Grimes Kidnapping Story
- She was in the music video 'All you did was save my life' by Our Lady Peace.
- She is in a short video/movie. Watch it here!Behind the scenes
- She has written and performed a song called "Myself & I". Watch the video here!
- She shares a birthday with Aubrey Graham (Jimmy) although he's 3 years older.
- Shenae Grimes has recently directed this video.
- According to a recent interview on Chelsea Lately, she is an atheist.
- She guest starred on America's Next Top Model Cycle 19 College Edition, on the episode "The Girl Who Cries Home".
- She is now married. Her husband is Josh Beech, a British model. The couple wed on May 10th just outside of London. She later confirmed the marriage by sharing a photo on her Twitter, which was captioned, "I now pronounce us Mr. and Mrs. Beech! Ahhh! Xx"