Spinner and Ashley were good friends in Season 1, as they were both part of the "popular" group. However, Spinner stopped being friends with Ashley in Season 2. At some point they rekindled their friendship, but it may have ended in Bust a Move (2), when Ashley went on tour with Craig Manning.
Season 1Rumours and Reputations, Jimmy and Spinner sit down next to Ashley. She greets them and looks away, while Spinner drops some of his earwigs on her lunch. She looks down on her plate and screams in disgust. Spinner says that no one will believe him, but they will believe Ashley. She is horrified and asks Spinner what's in his yellow container. He tries to tuck it away, but Ashley grabs it and opens the lid to find it full of earwigs. She screams again and drops it onto her plate, releasing all of them over the table.
In Jagged Little Pill, Spinner attends Ashley's party, and ends up leaving along with everyone else. The next morning Spinner returns Jimmy's stuff to her and tells her not to call him.
Spinner, like all of Ashley's old friends, shuns her. However, the two seem to be on somewhat good terms in Message in a Bottle, when Jimmy (Spinner's best friend) invites her to a party he was throwing and they get back together.
In Rock and Roll High School, Spinner and Ashley were in opposing camps when Downtown Sasquatch performed in the Battle of the Bands against Ashley's anti-Craig band Hell Hath No Fury. Downtown Sasquatch won the competition.
In Anywhere I Lay My Head, Spinner jokes to Manny "Any more bitter and she'd be a lemon" (referring to Ashley). The two aren't seen interacting much this season, though it's assumed that Ashley shunned Spinner because of the school shooting.
In Working for the Weekend, Spinner reads a poem about his break up with Darcy to Jimmy and Ashley. Later, Spinner and Jimmy open a store with money from Jimmy's academic fund while Marco, Ashley, Paige, Ellie and Dylan stand by their side for support. Their store is later robbed and Spinner saves Jimmy from harm.
In The Bitterest Pill, Spinner and Ashley both attended the Degrassi memorial service for J.T. Yorke, who was murdered by a Lakehurst Secondary School student named Drake Lempkey several days earlier.
In Death or Glory (1), Spinner, Jimmy and Ashley are eating in the cafeteria, annoyed with the rowdy students who have transferred to Degrassi from Lakehurst. Ashley comments that there's a fight in the school almost every day. She is also quick to notice that Spinner is gazing longingly at former Lakehurst student Jane Vaughn across the cafeteria. Spinner admits that he has developed a crush on Jane, but does not know how to approach her.
In Bust a Move (2), at the Purple Dragon concert in Smithdale University, Ashley, Spinner and the rest of their friends wait to see who the surprise guest singer is. The guest singer is revealed to be Craig Manning, who has become famous. He gives a shout-out to Ashley. She tells the group that she is leaving to go on tour with Craig. This is Ashley's last appearance.
- They have both unintentionally got Jimmy hurt either mentally (Ellie turning him down) or physically (Rick shooting him).
- Both were friends with Craig Manning, whom Ashley also dated, at some point. However, Craig ended his friendship with Spinner after learning about Spinner's indirect role in the school shooting in Eye of the Tiger and it was never made clear if he ever forgave him.
- They were both friends with Terri MacGregor, Paige Michalchuk and Hazel Aden.
- Both were/are close with Jimmy Brooks: Spinner is his best friend while Ashley dated him.
- Spinner's adopted sister Kendra Mason was in a relationship with Ashley's stepbrother Toby Isaacs, whom Spinner used to bully.
- Spinner and Ashley's stepbrother Toby were both crushed on by Holly J. Sinclair, but she never pursued a relationship with them.
- Both Spinner and Ashley were cheated on by their love interests: Spinner was cheated on by Jane Vaughn with Declan Coyne and Ashley was cheated on by Craig Manning with Manny Santos. However, they have both cheated on their love interests before that: Ashley cheated on Jimmy with Sean Cameron and Spinner cheated on Darcy Edwards with Paige.
- They both attended J.T. Yorke's memorial service at Degrassi in The Bitterest Pill.
- Ashley had a conflict with Spinner's ex-girlfriend Manny.
- Neither were seen graduating in the Class of 2006: Spinner graduated in the Class of 2007 in We Built This City due to being held back in Venus (1) and Ashley dropped out in Bust a Move (2).
- They both made their first appearances in Season 1: Ashley in Mother and Child Reunion (2) and Spinner in Family Politics.
- Ashley and Spinner's other friends Marco Del Rossi, Holly J. Sinclair and Sav Bhandari all served as Student Council President.