In Death or Glory (1), Lucas encourages Johnny DiMarco to fight Spinner. Later in the episode after Lucas fights Danny Van Zandt and Liberty Van Zandt, Spinner breaks the fight up to calm his friends down in spite of the fact that he wanted to punch Lucas.
In Death or Glory (2), Lucas and his friends continue to provoke Spinner and fight him over and over again.
In Jane Says (2), Spinner promises Jane to keep Lucas interested in the alumni game. Spinner talks to Lucas and lets him know that even though he hated the school and dropped out later that year, he was still memorable and considered an alumnus. Lucas and Spinner practice for the football game all week with their team and they end up being friends by game time. This is Lucas' final appearance.
- Spinner dated Lucas' younger sister Jane Vaughn.
- Spinner was also enemies with Lucas's other friends, Johnny DiMarco and Bruce.
- Spinner's wife Emma Nelson also disliked Lucas.
- Lucas disliked Spinner's stepfather-in-law, Archie Simpson.
- Spinner thought that Lucas was a loser.