|Birth Name||Stacey Anne Farber|
|Date of Birth||August 25, 1987 (age 29)|
|Place of Birth||Toronto, Ontario|
|Hair Color|| Red|
Dark Brown/Black (former)
Stacey Anne Farber (born August 25, 1987 in Toronto, Ontario, Canada) is a Canadian actress who is best known for playing Ellie Nash in seasons 2 through 8 of the television series Degrassi: The Next Generation. In 2009, she completed a web internship in New York City for Teen Vogue online. She starred in 18 to Life with Life with Derek star and Degrassi Goes Hollywood guest star Michael Seater from 2010 to 2011. Farber also appeared in the 2001 Canadian short film Bagatelle. She played Young Kathryn in the 2002 crime film, Narc, she guest starred as Lacy Sanders on an episode of the television drama Doc, and guest hosted the 2004-05 season finale of The N's Best Friend's Date. She also voices Mary in the animated science fiction series Dark Oracle. She appeared as herself in Instant Star and in 2006 she had a mini-series on The N's The Click titled Stacey's NYC 101. In addition to her screen work, Farber has appeared in various stage productions. Stacey was also one of the last three actresses auditioning for the self-titled role in Juno, which Ellen Page eventually landed. Stacey Farber is of Jewish heritage. She graduated in 2005 from the all-girls private school, Branksome Hall. She completed her first year of university at York University in Toronto, Canada. She later attended the New School in New York. Stacey appeared in MADE... The Movie, an MTV movie which premiered on television. She appeared in a new show on the CW channel called "Cult" which ran from February to July 2013.
- She doesn't have a specific type of favorite music, but some singers/bands that she likes listening to are Britney Spears, John Mayer, and Dave Matthews.
- Her hobbies include swimming, dancing, snowboarding, and in her spare time she enjoys going to the movies.
- When asked in 2004 where she hoped to be 10 years hence, at age 27, she stated that she would like to be happily married.
- She has an older sister named Lindsay.
- Her Zodiac sign is Virgo.
- She is close friends with Lauren Collins, who played Paige Michalchuk on Degrassi. The two even moved in together.
- She owned a condo with Lauren Collins and Adamo Ruggiero for a short time, just as they did in Degrassi. However, eventually, they all moved out.
- Stacey Farber auditioned for the role of the title character in Juno, while Daniel Clark auditioned for her love interest, Bleeker. Neither got the relevant parts, but Clark ended up with a different role.
- She has her cartilage and belly button pierced.
- Her favorite movie is Old School.
- Her favorite actress is Julia Roberts.
- She went to school with Jake Epstein, who played Craig Manning, from Grade 4 to Grade 8.
- She dyed her hair darker for her role as E.J. in the series Cult.
- She's a natural redhead.
- She and Aubrey Graham played themselves in the Instant Star episode "Personality Crisis" in which they were depicted as Degrassi: The Next Generation actors attending an awards ceremony. Like Degrassi, Instant Star was produced by Epitome Pictures.
- During Season 7 in late 2007 and early 2008, there was a rumor that she was pregnant. She revealed on her Twitter in this tweet that she was just a little bloated at the time from being so busy attending college classes.
- In a 2015 interview, she admitted that she had a zit on the day that Craig and Ellie's kiss in Degrassi Goes Hollywood was filmed and felt very insecure about it. As such, she tried to use Jake Epstein's face to cover hers. She claimed that she cringed whenever she watched the kiss scene as it was "extremely awkward."
- In the 2015 interview Straight Talk with Adamo Ruggiero, she revealed that neither she nor Adamo Ruggiero could play an instrument in real life in spite of the fact that they played musicians.
- Her favourite Degrassi character is Ellie.