“Take My Breath Away”
Season 2, Episode 10
November 24, 2002
December 9, 2002
"I'd say the only way to describe our date was... magical!"
"The best way to describe our date was...bizarre."
Manny is a hopeless romantic, and she then has been infatuated with Craig ever since they danced at the high school (only) dance that he helped her and Emma sneak into. Her infatuation has led to absurd fantasies, such as Craig singing a proposal to her in the middle of Ms. Kwan's lesson. But when Emma tells Manny that her mother proposed to Mr. Simpson, Manny decides to handle the situation on her own and ask Craig out herself. He accepts and they go out on a date at the mall, with Emma covering her tracks for her, as her parents (especially her father) would be furious if they knew the truth.
The next day at school, Craig and Manny give different accounts of the night. Manny tells Emma and Liberty that it was the best date ever, while Craig tells Jimmy and Spinner that it was horrible and Manny was a bit too immature for him ("She reminds me of my five-year-old half-sister"). Craig unsuccessfully tries to break up with Manny, as he sees her as happy as she was, he could not destroy her. Manny thinks he's moody because of the situation, so she decides to redecorate his locker. When Craig sees it, he seems a bit angry. Ashley walks up to them and asks them to sign a GM Food petition (to ban them from the caf), and Manny makes a stupid comment about it. After she walks away, Manny asks him out on another date, but he bluntly breaks up with her.
Sub PlotMeanwhile, Ellie is also infatuated with Marco and unsuccessfully tries to "stealthily" give him the message. But Hazel also likes him and Ellie is worried that, if she just keep sitting aside, he might start a relationship with Hazel. Much later, she sends an email to Marco telling him to meet her at the Zen Garden, when Marco arrives there, he expects to see Hazel, not Ellie. Ellie runs off embarrassed, until she gets a phone call from Marco telling her not to be embarrassed, then Marco walks up beside Ellie and asks her out.
Regular Cast (Ordered alphabetically)
- Sarah Barrable-Tishauer as Liberty Van Zandt
- Stefan Brogren as Archie Simpson
- Daniel Clark as Sean Cameron
- Lauren Collins as Paige Michalchuk
- Ryan Cooley as J.T. Yorke
- Jake Epstein as Craig Manning
- Jake Goldsbie as Toby Isaacs
- Aubrey Graham as Jimmy Brooks
- Shane Kippel as Spinner Mason
- Pat Mastroianni as Joey Jeremiah
- Miriam McDonald as Emma Nelson
- Melissa McIntyre as Ashley Kerwin
- Cassie Steele as Manny Santos
- Stacey Farber as Ellie Nash
- Andrea Lewis as Hazel Aden
- Linlyn Lue as Laura Kwan
- Adamo Ruggiero as Marco Del Rossi
- Alex Steele as Angela Jeremiah
- Ellie: "I've never liked anyone like this before. It's weird."
Ashley: "It's love."
Ellie: "It's not your business. Shut up."
- Marco: "I go for cool, alternative. Girls like Ellie Nash".
- Craig: "No, Manny. I'm sorry...But it's not my locker I don't like. It's you."
- Watch Take My Breath Away on Gorillavid (International)