In Cry Me A River (1), Clare asks Katie if she can join Degrassi Daily, and Katie gives her a test to prove she's worth of being in the club by giving her an 100 word article on how to get over a break up. Clare gives Katie a five page article instead and Katie doesn't think that Clare has what it takes to be in the club because no one wants to read a 5 page article. Clare offends Katie and Katie tells her that there are enough writers. Clare goes to The Dot and sees Katie sitting with Marsiol and goes over to them to apologize to Katie. Katie tells her she has soccer practice and leaves.
In Cry Me A River (2), Clare is still trying to get a spot on the paper, but Katie won't budge. Then, when Clare and Alli are at lunch complaining about Katie, Sav says that he will talk to her. Later Katie walks up to
In Dirt Off Your Shoulder (2), Clare is still in need of the interview, which Eli seems to be avoiding. That is, until Imogen Moreno convinces him that the best way to write the play is to go off his meds. She later roleplays with Eli to make him get over Clare. At lunch the next day, Clare begins to interview Eli, but he starts going on about how the breakup was Clare's fault and how he didn't love her anymore.
In Mr. Brightside (2), Drew asked Katie if he can do the Sport pages, however, Katie says that he will do a trail run. However, he has to go to the meeting first. During the meeting Drew has a flashback of the beating he received and leaves.
In Sabotage (1), Clare is writing an article about the destructive Ice Hounds and how they should be held accountable for their actions for destroying the garden.
Holiday EditionThe Degrassi Daily had its own Holiday Edition since The Degrassi Frostival was coming up, and it was near the holidays. The Holiday Edition was made by Connor Delaurier and K.C. Guthrie, two non-members that helped Clare Edwards when the rest of the Degrassi Daily newspaper crew went out due to Katie's rehab, while Clare was determined to finish it by gathering members, K.C. Guthrie, Connor DeLaurier, Alli Bhandari, Jenna Middleton and Eli Goldsworthy.
- Katie Matlin: Before Cry Me A River (1) - Before Waterfalls (1).
- Clare Edwards: In The Cold, Cold Night; Before Waterfalls (1) - present.
- Once Clare was accepted on the school newspaper, she received her first assignment: writing about this year's school play, the only problem is that she has to spend a lot of time with her ex-boyfriend, Eli.
- Clare Edwards is the former editor of The Degrassi Daily.
- After Katie went to rehab, the newspaper staff decided they wanted to take a break and chose not to write a holiday issue of the newspaper. After being told that the only way the holiday edition would be released would be if Clare edited herself and found a team willing to write for it, Clare was determined to finish it and did so by gathering stand-in members: K.C. Guthrie, Connor DeLaurier, Alli Bhandari, Jenna Middleton and eventually, Eli Goldsworthy.