“The Power of Love”
Season 3, Episode 22
April 5, 2004
August 6, 2004
- This episode is named after the song "The Power Of Love" by Huey Lewis and the News.
- Billy Ray Cyrus makes a cameo appearance in this episode.
- This is the second time there's been a fire at a school dance in Degrassi History. The first was in the Degrassi Junior High episode Bye-Bye, Junior High. However, the school did not burn down this time.
- This episode was originally a two part episode titled "Rock the Casbah". It was later changed to its current title "The Power of Love" but remained a two part episode. Finally it was changed to a one part episode, making room in the season for "I Want Candy".
- On the Season 3 boxed set, the synopsis for this episode confirms that it was originally titled "Rock The Casbah." It was supposed to feature Ellie and Marco in the main plot. It is unknown why it was changed.
- This episode is the final appearance of Kendra Mason.
- After freaking out over her locker location in Father Figure, Paige's time in "the exile", the unfavorable area where her locker was located, is over with the end of their current school year.
- Sean's welfare situation is brought up again when he fails Mr. Simpson's course, but he is assigned an extra project to boost his grade up.
- Caitlin Ryan leaves for her trip around the world for nine months to do work on her piece about HIV/AIDS, which she won't return until season 4.
- Sean admits to Snake that he is the one that took his laptop, which he stole back in Gangsta, Gangsta to get back at Emma.
- Jimmy, Hazel, Spinner, and Paige, before the dance, eat at the same restaurant that Spinner, Ashley, and Paige dined and dashed at in I Want Candy. The same waiter adds the bill from their lunch a few weeks ago onto Jimmy's bill for that night.
- Manny and J.T. attend the dance as each others dates.
- Caitlin mentions that Joey has broken his promises before, referring to the time he cheated on her years ago.
- This is Kendra's final appearance in the show, even though she is seen in the opening credits in seasons 4 and 5. It is never explained what happened to her character, as she simply "vanished". She was not present during future important events in Spinner's life, such as when he was diagnosed with testicular cancer, or when he married Emma Nelson.
Regular Cast (Ordered Alphabetically)
- Sarah Barrable-Tishauer as Liberty Van Zandt
- Stefan Brogren as Archie Simpson
- Daniel Clark as Sean Cameron
- Lauren Collins as Paige Michalchuk
- Ryan Cooley as J.T. Yorke
- Jake Epstein as Craig Manning
- Stacey Farber as Ellie Nash
- Jake Goldsbie as Toby Isaacs
- Aubrey Graham as Jimmy Brooks
- Shane Kippel as Spinner Mason
- Andrea Lewis as Hazel Aden
- Pat Mastroianni as Joey Jeremiah
- Miriam McDonald as Emma Nelson
- Stacie Mistysyn as Caitlin Ryan
- Adamo Ruggiero as Marco Del Rossi
- Cassie Steele as Manny Santos
- John Bregar as Dylan Michalchuk
- Billy Ray Cyrus as Duke
- Billy Khouri as Tomas
- Katie Lai as Kendra Mason
- Daniel Morrison as Chris Sharpe
- J.P. Richards as Andrew
- "Asylum Seeker" courtesy of Chris Stone Audio
- "Bollywood Bowl" courtesy of Chris Stone Audio
- "Let's Have Ourselves A Christmas" by Jody Colero, Jim McGrath, & Stephen Stohn
- "Rocket Science vs. Advertising" by Dead Letter Dept.
- Watch The Power of Love on Gorillavid (International)