“Waiting For A Girl Like You”
Season 9, Episode 9
November 8, 2009
February 5, 2010
It's Matchmaker Week at Degrassi and Declan's not interested in a serious relationship. But when he sets his sights on Holly J. as his next romantic victim, he is surprised to find she's immune to his charms. He tries too hard to win her over, using every means available, from money and power to his sister and internet for information mining. Eventually, he wins her over by playing with the kids in Friday night babysitting. After that they later go out for pizza at a fancy restaurant and when they were about to kiss he gets text message from his girlfriend named Trish. He chooses to ignore it and then they finally kiss each other.
Meanwhile, when Leia confides in Chantay about her rocky relationship with Danny, Chantay suggests she break up with him to make him want to win her back. She has ulterior motives in this, however, as she has been harboring a big crush on him for a while. When Danny doesn't ask her back and instead turns his interests to Chantay, she feels conflicted as she wants to be his girlfriend but doesn't want to betray Leia as a friend. She tells Danny the whole truth behind the break-up and that he should get back with Leia, but it turns out he wasn't happy and wanted to get out of it anyway. Danny and Chantay decide that after an acceptable waiting period, the two of them will start a relationship.
- This episode is named after the song "Waiting For A Girl Like You" by Foreigner.
- This episode marks the beginning of Holly J. and Declan's relationship.
- Landon Liboiron (Declan) was nominated for a Gemini for this episode.
Regular Cast (Ordered alphabetically)
- Raymond Ablack as Sav Bhandari
- Dalmar Abuzeid as Danny Van Zandt
- Charlotte Arnold as Holly J. Sinclair
- Paula Brancati as Jane Vaughn
- Stefan Brogren as Archie Simpson
- Annie Clark as Fiona Coyne
- Jahmil French as Dave Turner
- Judy Jiao as Leia Chang
- Shane Kippel as Spinner Mason
- Landon Liboiron as Declan Coyne
- Jajube Mandiela as Chantay Black
- Samantha Munro as Anya MacPherson
- Aislinn Paul as Clare Edwards
- Jessica Tyler as Jenna Middleton
- Kyra Azzopardi as Trish
- Rischan Donaldson-Fuller as Accordian girl
- Gary Eisler as Waiter
- Linlyn Lue as Laura Kwan
- Tom Melissis as Dom Perino
- John Paul Ruttan as Pirate kid
Just Can't Get Enough • Shoot to Thrill • Close To Me • You Be Illin' • Wanna Be Startin' Something • Beat It (1) • Beat It (2) • Waiting For A Girl Like You • Somebody • Heart Like Mine (1) • Heart Like Mine (2) • Holiday Road • Start Me Up • Why Can't This Be Love? (1) • Why Can't This Be Love? (2) • Innocent When You Dream • In Your Eyes • Keep On Loving You • Degrassi Takes Manhattan